Genus plc

Be The First To
Add Photos

Genus plc Chairman John Hawkins

John Hawkins

Familial atmosphere, flexible hierarchy, but distant top management and Board of Directors

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Madison, WI

ProsEnjoyable folks to work with. Lots of opportunity to try new things. If you have a good idea, chances are management will let you try it out. Benefits more generous than most US companies. HR can be very flexible and try hard to move employees to where they feel they'll work best.

ConsSomewhat distant top management (titles that begin with 'Chief'). IT dept can be very rigid and inflexible at times. Experiences vary vastly for farm employees, sales, office and science. Sometimes justifying small costs is more difficult than larger costs.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend more time with employees below mid management. Establish a way for us to recommend more streamlined paths to get work done better and faster. Give IT folks more room to be flexible to individual departmental needs.

Genus plc is a world class leader in developing porcine and bovine genetics and a geat employer.

Senior IS Technical Analyst (Current Employee) Hendersonville, TN

ProsGenus plc is on the world leader in pork and dairy cattle production. I was proud to be an employee. The C level staff maintain a very lean business. In IT, the management understand the marriage of family and a productive employee. I was able to work from home 4 out of 5 days a week. I was on call 24 x 7 and when I worked outside of normal business hours I was able to take that time in the form of compensatory time off. One great benefit for working for the PIC arm of the business is the ability to purchase at 1/2 market cost 2 hogs per year.

ConsThe group as a whole likes to talk decisions to death. It is a painful and agonizing process to make a decision. To the tune of discussing the same solution 10 - 15 times after an initial decision was made. Some personnel decisions appeared to be "part of the ol' boy network".

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't make personnel decisions based upon emotion. Also, when letting a person go when due to "out sourcing" why not talk to that person before it is done and discuss potentially other areas where that person may be able to benefit the company.

Ego driven mgmt

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsBio Technology is top notch
    Location

ConsSnr mgmt dysfunctional
    system technology low

Advice to Senior Managementconsider the company, not your own ego

Worked for Genus plc? Contribute to the Community!