Geo Advertising & Marketing Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
1.3
CEO

A Place to train for a better job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Geo Advertising & Marketing

Pros

Always something new. Your work is seen everywhere.

Cons

Little time to meet deadlines. Employees are belittled and treated with disrespect.

Advice to Management

If you need to learn, This place will teach you everything you need to know to further your career at another business.

2. Graphic Designer

Former Employee - Graphic Designer
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer

I worked at Geo Advertising & Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You left work each day breathing still.

Cons

It was my first design job out of college and it almost made me go a different route. Luckily I stuck it out and found out that most graphic design jobs are not a nightmare. Very low pay, salary at "$12" an hour but if you actually calculate the hours you work, they somehow scam you into making around $9-$10 and hour. EXTREMELY stressful environment. If you make a mistake, which I've learned happens a lot in our industry, you are made to feel like less of a person. You work in a garage inside a mansion that is on the property next to their other mansion that is on the extreme limits of Oro Valley up against the Tortolita Mountains so with the poor pay, there is no way you could possibly live within 20 minutes. No pride in work. As long as it can be billed out an extremely high rate, it's good to go! I learned that the Sahuarita Times is a scam of a newspaper. Complete nightmare.

Advice to Management

Treat employees better. Pay them a decent wage for what's expected of them. Get a REAL office in an at least semi convenient location. AND LIGHTEN UP! But since they're millionaires, they don't care about this advice. Better yet, here's some advice to potential employees: Don't do it, you literally can gain nothing from working there. I love what I do, but I'd rather flip burgers 50 hours a week than work there again.

3. Unbelievably bad

Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Multimedia Designer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Geo Advertising & Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You're never bored. You literally don't have a minute to waste as your entire day is catalogued in a minute-by-minute form you have to fill out.

Cons

The absolute worst management I've ever been exposed to. They treated forcing their underlings to quit like some kind of weird sport. I personally witnessed 2 or 3 admin office workers brought to tears before they ran from the office and jumped the fence to leave the property. About that property... We worked in a garage in Oro Valley, even though we were told the job was in Tucson. Easily takes 45 minutes to get there with morning traffic. Don't worry, though, they made sure you were there by 8am -- and if you weren't, you'd get chewed out in front of everybody in the office. I was exposed to some pretty serious sexual harassment, as well. My sexual orientation was constantly question because of my vegetarian diet, and when I asked to take a day off for my wedding anniversary, the bosses 'speculated' openly about what I might be doing in that time off (in the most offensive ways possible). This was my first full time job out of college, so I was okay with taking the $10/hour they offered me. After a few weeks of overtime piling up (you work at least 60 hours a week), they bumped me up to salary in order to make my gross pay go down. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Management

They know how rotten they are. Like I said, I think they get off on it.

5. Like someone else mentioned. Great place to learn, bad place to work.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Tucson, AZ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Geo Advertising & Marketing

Pros

You are exposed the stress of meeting deadlines and you become very attentive to details.

Cons

Very poor morale. If any mistakes were made, even miniscule mistakes, you ended up feeling like a complete moron. Very underpaid. Salary. You ended up working overtime every week without being paid for it. Some weeks I was being paid $9.50 an hour when I was salaried at $12.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect and foster a less stressful environment. Add a few employees to take on some of the tasks. You can surely afford it.

RSS Feed </> Embed