Geo Advertising & Marketing

www.geo4ads.com

Geo Advertising & Marketing Reviews

Updated Jun 24, 2014
Geo Advertising & Marketing – Oro Valley – “Geo Advertising & Marketing office”

A Place to train for a better job

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsAlways something new. Your work is seen everywhere.

ConsLittle time to meet deadlines. Employees are belittled and treated with disrespect.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you need to learn, This place will teach you everything you need to know to further your career at another business.

Unbelievably bad

Multimedia Designer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsYou're never bored. You literally don't have a minute to waste as your entire day is catalogued in a minute-by-minute form you have to fill out.

ConsThe absolute worst management I've ever been exposed to. They treated forcing their underlings to quit like some kind of weird sport. I personally witnessed 2 or 3 admin office workers brought to tears before they ran from the office and jumped the fence to leave the property.

About that property... We worked in a garage in Oro Valley, even though we were told the job was in Tucson. Easily takes 45 minutes to get there with morning traffic. Don't worry, though, they made sure you were there by 8am -- and if you weren't, you'd get chewed out in front of everybody in the office.

I was exposed to some pretty serious sexual harassment, as well. My sexual orientation was constantly question because of my vegetarian diet, and when I asked to take a day off for my wedding anniversary, the bosses 'speculated' openly about what I might be doing in that time off (in the most offensive ways possible).

This was my first full time job out of college, so I was okay with taking the $10/hour they offered me. After a few weeks of overtime piling up (you work at least 60 hours a week), they bumped me up to salary in order to make my gross pay go down. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey know how rotten they are. Like I said, I think they get off on it.

Like someone else mentioned. Great place to learn, bad place to work.

Graphic Designer (Former Employee) Tucson, AZ

ProsYou are exposed the stress of meeting deadlines and you become very attentive to details.

ConsVery poor morale.
    If any mistakes were made, even miniscule mistakes, you ended up feeling like a complete moron.
    Very underpaid. Salary. You ended up working overtime every week without being paid for it. Some weeks I was being paid $9.50 an hour when I was salaried at $12.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and foster a less stressful environment. Add a few employees to take on some of the tasks. You can surely afford it.

Worked for Geo Advertising & Marketing? Contribute to the Community!