GeoEye

www.geoeye.com

GeoEye Reviews in Thornton, CO

Jeffrey R. Tarr

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very good company; good to their employees. Too bad they were bought out.

Project Specialist (Former Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsA good company with great people! They provided regular employee appreciation events and offered excellent benefits (including pet insurance!). Everyone I dealt with was friendly, generous and helpful. I will miss that environment.

ConsMain complaint was a lack of information 'trickled down' from upper management to the lower staff.

Wonderful place to work, until it was bought out.

Project Specialist (Former Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsEveryone I encountered, from the CEO to the custodian, was kind, friendly and helpful. They held regular employee appreciation events, and offered great benefits (including pet health insurance!). My department was a team of supportive and encouraging people who were all professional but fun to work with.

ConsThey could have improved the 'trickle-down' dissemination of information. Otherwise, I can't think of any complaints.

Very chill, nice people to work with.

Space Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsGreat work environment. Quiet. People are very open minded, easy going

ConsToo quiet. Not too much structure.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

good people

IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsGood people that have same goal

Consmanagement does not care about anyone other than themselves

Very good company to work for enjoyed my time there.

Many (Former Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsGood people. great industry. captivating imagery

ConsSome of the people going through a merger

Rude coworkers, wanted to quit from day 1

(Former Employee) Thornton, CO

ProsGreat benefits, and 4 weeks paid vacation starts from day 1. Good coffee and the free Advil were nice. Looking at the imagery was cool. They use remote sensing software that will look good on a resume and maybe help you get a better job. This was the first job I had where HR was friendly and wanted you to be happy - too bad my 4 bosses didn't care. The company itself was not bad, just the department I was in.

ConsRude coworkers, it was like being back in middle school - absolutely everyone talked behind the back of absolutely everyone. There was not a team atmosphere. If I asked 5 coworkers the same question I'd get 5 different answers. Management was poor and mostly absent. A pretty cold place. I never felt welcome there. The bosses didn't have a clue about how the work was accomplished, and couldn't be used as a resource. There was no motivating of employees to work hard from the higher-ups, so if you wanted to talk s*** or sit on the internet for 8 hours no one stopped you. And once you see those internet sitters and s*** talkers get promoted, what's the point of working hard?

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a professional, team-oriented working environment. Show respect to each other, show respect to those under you, and maybe those rude coworkers will eventually show respect to each other. A department-wide course on basic politeness couldn't hurt. Stop promoting people who don't want to work. Block Facebook and sports websites access.

Worked for GeoEye? Contribute to the Community!