Geometry Global

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Harding

I learned a lot at this company when it was called G2.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people there was good to work with no matter what other department they worked. They used to have a large assortment of clients that they did served.

ConsThere was always department meeting, but no one would fellow through after the meeting was done. I never received an increase in pay while I was working there.

Do NOT work here.

ProsCulture. Family like atmosphere. Extracurriculars.

ConsI was there for many years without ANY raise, bonus, etc. Don't expect any promotions unless your manager quits, which is happening everyday since everyone is leaving.

Leadership is just a bunch of words. I'm not sure what they actually do everyday.

Good for junior level, but you WON'T climb up the imaginary ladder.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou HAVE a TON of talent but losing it all everyday. You need to reward talent for good work, and do whatever you can to keep them. It's sad that you're losing very tenured employees because you won't promote, manage, and compensate.

SF's Best Kept Secret

Part of the Crew (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat location, family-like atmosphere (everyone actually enjoys working together!), fun mixed with work (you can go from a creative briefing to a ping-pong tournament followed by popcorn and a movie while concepting). Everyone is expected to push the bar, think different, challenge assumptions and work together.
    The space is amazing; giant windows and skylights provide natural light everywhere and the office is designed to promote collaboration in a relaxed, open atmosphere. There's music, food, drinks and a lot of really smart and talented people.

ConsSalaries aren't the highest and you have to put up with the crappy expense and timekeeping systems that exist at every major agency. The building rules are draconian (unless you go through some security process you get booted from the building by the guard at 10PM every night and can't enter the building before 8) which can make it tough to get stuff done sometimes. We need about 10 more people with all the work in the shop right now but since Geometry is a "new" agency (used to be G2, Ogilvy Action and JWT Action) it doesn't have a lot of street cred right now so it's tough finding great people.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need more motion graphics editors, more high-concept creative thinkers, copywriters and developers. And Brent needs an Admin - please.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Constant mergers no promotions

ProsThe company has a great work life balance but offers very minimal advancement for field employees

ConsNo promotions or reviews. People have not received salary increases in about a couple of years.

working through a giant merger

Prossmart people, vision for the future, fun environment, good clients, senior executives are very strong

Conscompensation, work/life balance, silo'd departments, a lot of the talent left before the merger, getting ahead is a challenge,

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep communicating with employees about the future direction of the company and how the integration will make life better across all geographies and disciplines

No respect for employees

ProsThe employees are nice. There are many perks like seminars and classes but our managers never let us go to them.

ConsNo life balance. Management has no respect for work life balance. Expected work weeks are over 50 hours with no additional compensation. Most work here to have this on their resume but it isn't worth anything anymore. This is not a place where you can advance your career. This company seems to be in trouble. Half the staff has been layed off. All the clients we are bidding for do not take us on. We think we are the best and can charge the most but we are not.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management has no respect for those running this business.

Stressful work environment, needs work with training. Fun people and culture. Exciting industry

Account Associate (Former Employee)
    Akron, OH

ProsFun environment, good culture, autonomy

ConsStressful, needs work with training, work-life balance is not good

Company has gone downhill

Promotional Model (Former Employee)

ProsThey pay quickly. No waiting around for a check because payroll is done on a regular schedule.

ConsI have worked for OgilvyAction, now Geometry Global, on and off as an independent contractor for years. I had really good experiences until the last year or so. The regional management and locally hired market managers have really gone downhill. There is no loyalty to reliable employees. Shifts are assigned based on favoritism rather than the quality of the employees work and experience. There has been a lot of unprofessional conduct.

Advice to Senior ManagementReevaluate middle management, they are giving your company a bad name within the promotions industry.

A World of Potential

ProsSF office is incredibly tight-knit, friendly, innovative and entrepreneurial.
    Great location
    Cool client list (Jets, Software, Telecom, Start-Ups)
    Positioned really well for where the industry is going
    Lots of great talent

ConsNewly merged entity, so typical clean-up necessary in some offices (duplicative resources)
    Leadership structure still being ironed-out
    Not at the high-end of the pay scale for the industry

Account Executive in Bogotá Colombia

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

ProsIts a very solid company, with a huge net of information world wide. The employies are very nice and has a very competitive weather in the Colombian market. My experience within the company had been very productive and usefull.

ConsIts missing the conection and the opportunities for the employies to expand into new countries.

Worked for Geometry Global? Contribute to the Community!

Geometry Global – Why Work for Us?

Geometry Global Geometry Global is the largest and most geographically complete activation agency of its kind, providing brand marketers with a unique solution for an unmet need: Precision Activation. This proprietary… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Geometry Global reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Geometry Global CEO Steve Harding. All 12 reviews posted anonymously by Geometry Global employees.