Geometry Global

Steve Harding

overworked, underappreciated

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I worked at Geometry Global (more than 3 years)

Pros

great people, good process, lots of collaboration and accessibility to training and personal development. Very experienced upper management.

Cons

people are way over worked and stressed out. The salaries are not commensurate to the amount of work and no raises are given out. They were swallowed up by GG, and are not making their numbers.

I love the people I work with and the wide variety of clients and disciplines I get to touch every day

Current Employee - Account Director
    Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Geometry has really good people! I truly enjoy everyone I work with day to day. I also think the company is serious about trying to ensure everyone has a positive work experience and can achieve their professional goals.

Cons

Being part of a huge agency network can be overwhelming but it's rare you run into the red tape of the upper echelons. When you do, it's certainly a learning experience/opportunity.

Learning/Growing

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time

Pros

Opportunities are endless. Global reach. If you are a hard-worker, you will be rewarded with more responsibility and doors will open.

Cons

The company is still coming in to its own. Along with that comes growing pains, and can be easily overcome. At this stage in it's existence, be prepared to roll up your sleeves.

Focus on the dedicated employees.

Overall a positive experience, but did experience some issues

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Akron, OH

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great culture and 95% of the people I met were wonderful. They were passionate about the work and great to get along with. My direct superiors were easy to work for, and offered a lot of support and advice to help me continue to grow in my career.

Cons

There seems to be an undercurrent of bureaucracy that causes some tension, and they need to value their employees more. The impression I get is that when expenses need to be cut, employees are cut instead of fluff.

Be more transparent and value the people who work for you. The real talent draw is experience and job security.

It's a $500 Million dollar startup

Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Executive Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing but upside at this place. It's poised to be a dominant force in the industry for years to come. As a result of the scale, there are lots of opportunities here in the US and abroad. This is just the beginning.

Cons

It's a giant start up that is the result of a 3 way merger. That's not easy. 3 distinct cultures and 3 sets of processes and ways of thinking. Can't expect that in a year we've found our mojo but we will.

Culture. Culture. Provide lots of opportunity to your existing staff before you offer it to outsiders. Keep everyone fresh and excited.

Big WPP agency perks with start-up feel

Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Smart people, big name clients, flexible hours/work environment, and convenient office features.

Senior execs are really smart and great at their jobs. They interact frequently and generously with junior people giving the impression that they want to others to grow and develop.

Clients, for the most part, are big names. The work is varied, but there is an increased emphasis on Shopper Marketing and Brand Activation as the company's defining area of expertise.

Not sure if this is the case for everyone, but most seem to have the option of working from home as needed. Also, although the office is way out on 11th avenue, there is a gym, a nurse, a masseuse, manicurist, cafeteria, and more all on site.

Benefits are good too - Aetna healthcare and Vangaurd manages our 401ks.

Cons

People complain about lack of opportunity for upward mobility and promotion, but I've witnessed the contrary (my own boss has been with the company for approximately four years and has had at least four promotions). People complain about wanting more raises too, but I imagine that the people who are receiving promotions are getting raises too.

Continue to focus on building culture and breaking down silos. Some people (like me) have the opportunity to interact with lots of senior level executives, but there isn't enough cross over between departments (for example a senior level creative asked me who our CEO was at one point because she had missed his introductory Town Hall).

culture

I worked at Geometry Global

Pros

free to do most of your work on your own

Cons

not much monitoring is not always a good thing either

Contemptuous of clients

Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Copywriter in New York, NY

I worked at Geometry Global as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Staff spent billable hours watching the World Cup, working on personal ventures, and otherwise not exactly working with nose to the grindstone.

Cons

First time I have ever been at an ad agency and felt sorry for the client. Worked on the P&G account and the client was treated with complete contempt.

A little less time being self-congratulatory and a little more time proofreading and brainstorming.

Not great.

I have been working at Geometry Global as a contractor

Pros

There are people who work here who are great. Salary is not bad for the industry. There is an actual work/life balance.

Cons

Lack of structure in guiding employee growth. Upper management is uninterested in lower-level employees. Since the merger, there is uncertainty into the company's future. Heavy heavy turnover in every department.

Only good because they pay well.

Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Project Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Geometry Global full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Pay is on the higher end, probably because they employee retention is terrible.

Cons

ZERO culture, I mean none. Get togethers include donuts, cheetos and beer at noon on a Friday in the stale kitchen. Bland, grey office space, no art like within Ogilvy (the building which they cohabitate only physically).

Losing business left and right. No real corporate identity or direct (just look at the website). This place is good to work if you ONLY care about money and don't care about your work in anyway.

Work on the culture. Get some art in your NY office. Decide what you want to be and gear everything towards it. You know, like an agency should know how to do.