Georgia Division of Family and Children Services

Be The First To
Add Photos

Telecom Interviewer

Interviewer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsHelping clients with social service needs. The benefits are good as far as sick/vacation. 5 of each per pay pd.

ConsThe pay is much too low. The new method of training is long and time consuming. 4 weeks at home, 4 weeks in class and then you are sent to your designated county for placement.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis is a political based company. Stop the politics and pay the workers what we are worth.

Worst job I have every had. Almost everyone here is looking for a new job.

Economic Support Specialist (Current Employee) Decatur, GA

Prossome flexibility... but not really... only pro is that I have a job

Consno raises in 8 yrs, pay is not suitable for anyone who has a family. not suitable if you have a household of one. on this salary you will be able to afford an apartment for 675 or less per month. Having a degree equals no better pay. Management changes job assignments on a daily basis. No organization and very high expectations. This company wants you to bend over backwards for them, but when you ask for something the answer is no. People want even do overtime. It can take two months to get your overtime pay.

A good first job, wouldn't want to stay any longer than I have to

Case Manager (Current Employee) Carrollton, GA

ProsVery flexible schedules. Good benefits and vacation time. Lots of opportunity for growth. Great training for a future jib in social work and looks really good on a resume.

ConsLong hours and not enough pay. Hard to keep steady staff so more of a burden on current employees. Lots of driving. Very overworked.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible Place to Work

Program Director (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsDoing work that helps children.

ConsThe pay is low. Management turns over whenever a new Governor is elected so policy and procedures change every 4 years. The agency is always in a state of flux and the children suffer as a result. For this to be a social services agency...employees are treated horribly.

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to front line staff who is actually doing the work to find out what works. Stop brining in people from the outside to run things...promote from within and reward your employees with decent pay and incentives.Treat your employees with respect and show they are valued.

Thrown to the lions and expected to survive

Social Services Case Manager (Current Employee) Camilla, GA

ProsGood Benefits. very flexible scheduling.

Conswe have been on furloughs for three years. They do not pay workers a competitieve salary.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the front line people.

Directors, Commissioners and Governor's of the State of Georgia Listen to the voice of your DFCS case manager's.

the State Recently Chagned Our Title (Family Preservation Worker) (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsThe only reason a Social Worker should work for DFCS is to gain experience and knowledge. Other than that after a year a person should move on. Stability is another good reason to work for DFCS. I am currently working on an MBA in HR, in an effort to move out of the company.

ConsThe media is always attacking the agency on how their employees including higher level management on their ability to protect the children in our community. It is very important to be trained on how to serve our families and protect our children. However, their isn’t any motivation to do the job, the main factor is the salary, then the management and their lack of leadership skills. DFCS is a huge agency that has an agency in every county in the state of Georgia.

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management and I am referring to Directors, Consultants, and the Commissioner. They should listen and to their employees. They should send a job survey State wide and ask questions in reference to their current job. Their employee’s likes and dislikes, what needs to change, discuss the low pay for educated social worker and high turnover. Management ignoring their employees when it comes to morale and burn out.

Worked for Georgia Division of Family and Children Services? Contribute to the Community!