Georgia Power

www.georgiapower.com

Georgia Power Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014
Georgia Power – Atlanta – “Georgia Power a Southern Company”

W. Paul Bowers

Great Career for the Long Run

Co-Op (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsVery friendly environment, everyone is very happy and there is a strong sense of a positive work/life balance, many good benefits are provided(lots of snacks and ample office supplies), building relationships is very important here

ConsA very large corporation, 10-15 yrs isn't seen as being with the company for a long time

Not for smart, young, ambitious people.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Marietta, GA

ProsDecent pay, benefits and all the stupid crap you get at all Fortune 500 companies.

ConsBitter 50 year old middle managers hell bent on making young 20-somethings conform to lifestyle changes that aren't good. If you're young, they will constantly hold you back from succeeding. They fail on personal growth/development and fail on office culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementENCOURAGE more telecommuting instead of allowing once a month. Minimize the time an employee is needed in the office or create a more stimulating office environment with easy and high speed wi-fi access, an enjoyable break area with ping-pong tables, and cable TV with ALL the sports channels. Yes. All of them. Even the ones in Spanish.

Fundamentals strong; poor workforce talent management

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsCompany is pretty strong in fundamentals..that is keeping the lights on and being very active in the community. Employees for most part subscribe with the vision and stay with the company for longer time horizons.(you are technically a newbie with 10 year experience in the company)

ConsA huge chunk of workforce is slated to retire in next decade; company is in no shape way or form ready to embrace newer workforce; the existing young workforce feels disengaged because there are no advancement opportunities. The company is terribly slow at mirroring it's customer base in its employee base because of history of unfair treatment of minorities. Pressing issues are nepotism, unfair job selection/advancement process, questioning culture not tolerated, and poor workforce/talent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementWalk the talk..setting up a Diversity and Inclusion department won't solve any problems. We need to be proactive at integrating the millenials into the workforce, give them opportunities to grow and rebuild that next generation of employees who would like to stay for upcoming decades!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Learning Experience...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat pay, nice workspaces and resources .. If power is your thing you will learn and have a stable job

Consit's all about who you know at times.. NOT qualifications. I witnessed people get promoted who were not qualified or people get overlooked because someone felt threatened they would get promoted faster than them. Biases of a variety of types happened frequently and overtly..... The bias behavior really bothered and alarmed me. Ultimately the reason I did not consider working here.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure your employees hire or promote qualified people. Additionally the company as a whole seems to need to think outside the box.

It was like a large family.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat work experience and some advancement opportunities.

ConsCan sometimes be political, not what you know but who you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all employees equally.

Good company to work for

ProsBenefits are good and good job security

ConsThe company will need to work ont he culture in some regions

Slow growth opportunities in Engineering

Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits when you work here

ConsSlow growth opportunities in Engineering

Advice to Senior ManagementSetup career road map with employees

Great company if you're a great employee

ProsGreat benefits. The company does take care of its employees.

ConsThere is a lot of micromanaging in the company.

Ok company

Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsSafety focus,bonus,laid back,flexible,that is all

ConsPay,lack of promotions internally that is all

Clerical Engineering Assistant - Temporary Assisngment/Manpower Staffing

Engineering Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) Rome, GA

ProsAnalytical charting and graphing. All clerical assistant duties.

ConsNo downside to report during my 6 months of contracted temporary employment. Employed around year 2000.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice to management...extremely nice!

Worked for Georgia Power? Contribute to the Community!