Get Satisfaction

Updated July 30, 2014
Updated July 30, 2014
3.9

Rahul Sachdev

Collaborative, fun environment with supportive leadership

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time for more than a year

Pros

The leadership team is legitimately dedicated to helping you grow. Everyone from the CEO, to the exec team, to other employees are super supportive and interested in seeing you succeed. People are really open to new ideas, and there is a ton of opportunity to step up and participate or lead in any area you want. Different employee initiatives lately have led to the creation of a company hack day, an office re-decorate (with a hangout/music section), and a FUN committee.

Work life balance is also great. We work hard, but the hours aren't super long, and the work situation is flexible. They understand that we all have lives.

Cons

There have been some up and downs since I've been here. On-boarding isn't as smooth as it could be....And there's the typical startup madness, which I personally enjoy, but may not be right for everyone.

Missed the window

I worked at Get Satisfaction full-time

Pros

The space the company is in was really hot and the GetSat product was well regarded by customers and competitors alike. The GetSat brand was phenomenal and awareness was much higher than other companies, some that are much bigger in size. It was an exciting place to work when the news was good.

Cons

The product is a feature of a bigger offering and for too long the company neglected product strategy, executing on a necessary architecture shift but one that let the feature list fall behind other vendors. The engineering team always seemed stretched and too often they were unconcerned with the market situation the company was operating in.

As is the case with any growth company, there wasn't a clear strategy articulated other than growth at any cost, and the individual groups did not align with a common vision.

At this point an acquisition is the only plausible outcome and if I were on the board I would not get greedy about the valuation.

Great, smart people to work with; lots of opportunity to learn and grow your career!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time

Pros

Get Satisfaction continues to manage to hire really smart, motivated people that are great to work with. There aren't very many office politics, and things are pretty transparent all around. People love to help each other out and that's been a constant part of the company culture throughout my tenure here.

As a small company, the world is your oyster and if you have an idea you want to implement, you can go ahead and do that. You can work well outside the bounds of your described job if that pleases you, and there are plenty of examples of employees who have transitioned into various roles to get different experiences, contribute in different ways, and grow their careers.

Cons

Doesn't have all the standard "startup perks" like free lunches and fancy schwag etc. that many other Silicon Valley startups use to lure talent. Nice enough office, but not anything to write home about, so you don't get that extra sense of pride and optimism from the space.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun transparent and engaging

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time for more than a year

Pros

Its a great place where there is a lot to be done but time for fun as well. There is a great culture that promotes a laid back and balanced environment.

Cons

Some areas are not so integrated fully into the companies culture. On boarding is challenging but engaging.

Much better on boarding practices.

A disorganized start up with terrible leadership

I worked at Get Satisfaction

Pros

Lots of smart people working there, no one them seemed to know what they were supposed to be doing, or who was leading them.

Cons

No direction for the company, very poor leadership team, uninformed CEO, lack of direction.

Management needs to hire a new CEO and find someone with better direction for the company. The goals and objectives aren't clear and she plays favorites. If you aren't a favorite, watch out!

Great group of smart, dynamic people who care about the customer

Current Employee - Customer Support  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Support in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Get Satisfaction full-time for less than a year

Pros

Get Satisfaction is a great group of people who are passionate about the product, customer and having a great culture. In typical start-up fashion, we have dogs in the office, a kegerator, couches all over, tons of food and beverages and a great looking office. None of these things would matter if I didn't enjoy the people I work with. I enjoy going into work to see my coworkers! Everyone is smart and passionate but subscribe to the "No Jerks" policy.

Cons

GetSat is growing quickly and due to that there are a number of growing pains. We seem to be already growing out of our current office. Defined processes are lacking. Most information is accessed through tribal knowledge.

Worked for Get Satisfaction? Contribute to the Community!