Getty Images Reviews

158 reviews filtered by
3.1
Getty Images CEO and Director Jonathan D. Klein
Jonathan D. Klein

Pros
  • They encourage professional growth and a work-life balance (in 22 reviews)

• You get to work with some great people (in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • Lower-level decisions are frequently overridden by senior management, who may not be very competent in these matters (in 10 reviews)

• snarky, two faced middle management and a mickey mouse club mentality (in 8 reviews)

1. Management

I worked at Getty Images full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best photographers
    Beautiful, thought provoking content
    Talented creative researchers, art directors and other team players on the ground across the company
    Great office locations
    Benefits package

Cons

Extremely reactive and immature senior management team for the most part
    Weak marketing organization -no leadership, old school politics, no communication, low morale
    CEO has become completely out of touch with the people
    Extreme attrition, constant layoffs and organization changes has created a highly unstable company and fear based culture.
    Losing great talent in droves

Advice to Management

Live by your leadership principles or don't bother having them
    Deal with the marketing organization leadership sooner than later
    Care for your people in words and deeds
    Forget about the competition and focus on Getty Images. Take the high road.

2. Excellent Work Environment

I worked at Getty Images

Pros

Great Co-Workers
    Fun Office Vibes
    opportunities for growth

Cons

None at all
    Some annoying secretaries

3. Satisfying

Current Employee - Network in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Network in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Strong leadership, commitment to technology, lots of work to do. The pace of work is a bit daunting at times, but I also call it job security. Opportunity to grow into different parts of the job.

Cons

Very, very, very, busy. A bit overwhelming at times, but if you like technology, it is fun.

Advice to Management

Stronger commitment to redundancy and operational stability.

5. Contributor, Creative

Current Employee - Stock Photographer in Beirut (Lebanon)
    Current Employee - Stock Photographer in Beirut (Lebanon)

I have been working at Getty Images full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

creative enviroment rich with the best and top quality images and designs

Cons

Big competition competing with the best designers and photographers around the world

Advice to Management

Been working for 7 years and on going

6. Hiding money, making profit by doing dodgy deals.

I worked at Getty Images (more than a year)

Pros

When you first start, it's all made to look wonderful but few days later you start to hear long list of childish excuses. It can be good fun if you like to see people being ripped off their profits with a promise of global reach. What are we going to do with this global reach if the web servers are down every day. Over the last few months there have been so many difficulties in either submitting content or deal with the internal departments. Glad this is not the only company who does this, even though they think they are the only ones. What fools.

Cons

I used to submit 100s of photographs and other content. I found out that the company was hiding the real time information regarding sale of my stock. I was already giving away 70% hoping that the remaining would be paid for my hard work. No that is not the case apparently. I have since gone to other companies and can't explain what an easy ride it has been. I hear lot of excuses from Getty and to be honest all the excuses given are worse then a 10 year old. Okay they might have the largest biggest stock or whatever but I would rather deal with a company that is transparent, open and easy to work with. If you want real benefits from your hard work then please look else where. This is not the best one as they say by far.

Advice to Management

STOP HIDING TAXES
    STOP Dodgy deals
    STOP threatening people with letters sent by your lawyers as it makes you guys look like kids in the playground.
    Total shake up required.
    Keep your contributors happy
    Change your business strategy
    Need for openness, transparency and lot more respect for employees and contributors

7. Low morale

Current Employee - Intern
    Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Getty Images

Pros

Great office location
    Interesting staff
    Attempts to raise morale

Cons

Very low morale
    High stress environment
    Everyone acts as if they are only going go be at Getty for a temporary amount of time

Advice to Management

Shake up the leadership because nobody thinks that the company is in a good place and the competition is greatly outpacing Getty

Run away, don't walk to a better IT employment option than Getty!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I worked at Getty Images full-time (less than a year)

Pros

-People for the most part are very nice.
    -Work is not very difficult in the IT department.
    -Pay, is reasonable.
    -Privately owned, so no one is held accountable for anything. (both a pro and a con)
    -Nice location.

Cons

-Extremely passive aggressive workplace (at least in the IT department).
    -Very political work environment.
    -IT management is confused and disorganized.
    -Quality leadership is almost none existent at Getty.
    -No growth!
    -Feels almost like one of those tech bubble business lines, just asking to pop and leave a wake of unemployment.
    -Within the IT side of Getty (4th floor) none of the sub departments work together well (my observation).
    -To be honest, if you fully respect yourself and are not desperate for a job, then this is not a good place to work at all.
    No training.

Advice to Management

-Revamp the entire IT department.
    -Offer actual training.
    -Focus on actually being a content reseller.

9. Good Team

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Getty Images

Pros

Good teamwork and team spirit, felxible and independent work possible. Open for new ideas and solutions. Open communication in department.

Cons

Sometimes to slow and restricted to agree to possible solutions. Also hierarchical in management style. Staff development is to weak.

Advice to Management

Listen more to experienced staff.

10. Good Company/Nice place to work

Former Employee - Sales Executive in Barcelona (Spain)
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in Barcelona (Spain)

I worked at Getty Images (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people, good teamwork (my team), great location, good benefits. They were very good at motivating employees with incentives. Lots of marketing and sales training; I learned a lot!

Cons

Technology/hardware were a bit outdated. A little lack of communication between management and teams. Limited career growth potential.

Advice to Management

More career growth. Should consider more the views of their employees.

Moving The World by divide and rule.

Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Network Engineer in London, England (UK)

I worked at Getty Images

Pros

Very Good money for permi's is all I can say . Avoid at all costs if you respect any of your certs or family life.
    I am a CCIE Network Engineer with 12 years of experience at all levels and this is the most high maintenance job I have ever had and gladly quit for the sake of my family, sanity and Profession.
    I was persuaded to come out of contracting by what appeared to be an executive level salary and freedom.i turned them down twice , wish I had done a 3rd time.
    Soon after joining , a weird reorganisation of "IT" occurred and I suddenly found myself as a single Network Engineer in a team of Windows sys Admins and worked like a Donkey. I experienced discriminatory treatment and bully boy tactics .
    The whole set up is arranged for your failure , one example being ownership of q o.s whilst another team owns the circuits .
    The entire leadership lives in Seattle usa , so apply if you want to experience the very worst of American employment politics and bullying .
    There is no project control and you are game for lots of sideways approaches to which the only answer is "yes".
    The technical is not very challenging and a backwards step for a CCNA. You likely won't be asked for any certs because nobody else has them.
    There is a very strange Alice in Wonderland atmosphere and not in a good way . Non IT staff are very belligerent and take every opportunity to thrust their IPad in your face to fix immediately .
    Be prepared to perform 1st, 2nd and 3rd line level support whilst simultaneously expected to churn out project after project. There is no overtime available ; take a lieu day ,but you will return to a bigger pile of work , with twice the urgency.
    Operating in more than 12 time zones, there is no follow the sun policy , so expect to be working 24/7 or else . There is also no change freeze or sla's so expect stuff like a 3am call because someone's iPhone is not connecting to the guest Wi-Fi .
    Expect vast hours of enforced extra work to be for free. The " from time to time" clause of the contract used to force regular on call .
    This is the very first time I have had the sense that a job would have permanent life impacting effects should I stay . I have delivered some very complex projects for very important clients and I would HIGHLY recommend against this role . If you're a veteran , skills will slip, fast . If your a newbie , you will be trapped since there is no training and nothing is done with respect to the OSI reference model .

Cons

Same as the above . A very mixed up place .Better off in a data centre noc where you will get shift allowance and overtime . Same deal as above if your applying for New York or Seattle role,it's the same job , same managers . ' Remote staff are basically in the same teams but expected to be the lone IT guy to placate local users , managers pic and chose where to host roles; not based on follow the sun .

Advice to Management

Already had your pound of flesh .