Gexa Energy
www.gexaenergy.com Houston, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Gexa Energy Reviews

Updated Mar 17, 2014
Gexa Energy – US – “work”

Brian Landrum

horrible company and horrible management in EVERY DEPARTMENT

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Gexa Energy full-time for more than a year

ProsThere are none. There is absolutely NOTHING good about this company.

Conseverything, the people, the leadership, the work ethic (or lack there of). Managers are only looking out for themselves, none of the managers are capable of cultivating their employees nor are they interested in any such assistance. The company has unreasonable expectations and doesn't give the employees the tools and systems needed to meet those goals. Horrible, high stress and low moral.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey all need to be fired. It's just a bad environment in general. My advice to management would be to kill themselves.

Horrible place to work

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Tomball, TX

I have been working at Gexa Energy full-time for more than 5 years

ProsSteady paycheck get to knw the way electricity works

ConsWow sups get some that knw wat there doin like 2 sups the rest of them don't knw ep from gems relies on her team lead to help them and they arent not educated in how thigs work they rely on offline or rep assist qa has to get there stuff together k and her team really dont put ust on hold? Take calls before u say stupidity..and our leader just walks around looking for fixes fo emerald oursystem

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease listen to ur lower people crs....and dont fire people who knw what there doing and teach new class the proper way to do things...u have unqualified people in other positions that should be regular csr

Worst place in history, extremely political, CEO is a joke (marketing degree only) you are a slave!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Gexa Energy

ProsIt was a steady paycheck

ConsPolitics, if you want a promotion work 80 hrs, throw people under the bus and lie your behind off

Advice to Senior ManagementFIRE CEO AND ALL EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT! Great workers do not make good leaders.

Intresting

I have been working at Gexa Energy

ProsGreat place to gain knowlege of the energy industry and then move on. They offer flex time in some departments.

ConsThey very rarely hire contractors. Majority of their employees are contractors. Turn over is high. Your training is OTJ nothing is standarized nor documented, yet you are held accountable. Permanent employees are very young and eager to crawl the corporate letter and willing to do everything and anything to get to the top. Local human resources is very weak and unfamiliar on handle employee situations.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be more personal and on the floor. They need to back their word and show that their are career paths.

It started of fantastic but due to a lack of knowledge from the HR department it ended unpredictably early.

Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Gexa Energy

ProsGreat wok environment with laid back employees. The pay is very fair and the supervisors are very understanding when it comes to time off.

ConsHorrible communication between departments, the workload is way too excessive because the corporate office would not allow us to hire to cut costs. Absolutist no trai ing structure all trial by fire or learn from asking co workers. It seemed like the supervisors and bosses never knew what was been done or the type of work you were doing.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate more with your employees. Start or atleast pretend that you care about your employees and their overall well being. Be more involved with everything it would make everyone life easier.

A job where you show up at 8, leave at 5, and do the same things every day.

Associate Business Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Gexa Energy

Pros-The hours are pretty good, most people don't stay past 5, regardless of whether they have finished their work or not. The few people who do stay past 5 are trying to finish everyone else's work so that they won't be behind in the future.
-They try to have fun outings every now and then, in almost half a year of working here, we went laser tagging once, but that's about it.
- It's not that demanding- you just show up, punch your clock, do your processes, and leave.

Cons- Not much to moving up; you pay your dues, and move up according to how long you've been here.
-Not much time to try out other departments, so if you get hired in one department, you're stuck there.
-Very similar work every day;
- Not much opportunity to grow as a person
- Not much money allocated for personal development; including extra schooling.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake working at Gexa fun and exciting. I understand it's about maximizing revenue and minimizing costs, but spend some to make this facility somewhere you wouldn't ever want to leave. There's a reason why people joke about how high the attrition rate is.

i've never been at a compnay where Management has no clue and smart hardworking people are frowned upon for favorites.

ProsFlexible schedule
Good team and co-workers

ConsCompensation
Location - Tomball, TX
No growth opportunities
No education or training

Advice to Senior ManagementStart listening and really caring about your employees. Stop talking over peoples heads.

Employees are not essential to success

I have been working at Gexa Energy

Pros-Work Life balance is okay
- Very smart people that are go getters

Cons-Senior Management doesn't have a clue as to what issues their employees encounter internally
-Compensation is far below competitors in the industry
-Senior Management are not leaders, they are followers who make knee jerk reactions instead of being progressive
-No room for professional growth within the company
-There are very smart people in the company who are being used in the wrong capacity and/or who will never be given the opportunity to lead or be properly utilized even.

Advice to Senior ManagementA basic course in business management would serve Management well. Your employees are not inferior subordinates. There are many talented people who are educated and experienced within the company, find ways to keep and utilize these people.

It was great and such family atmosphere

Sales Associate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Houston, TX

I worked at Gexa Energy part-time for less than a year

Prosthey were fun and exciting and easy work

Constime off policy stinks, and hopefully you dont get sick much, may lose your job

It's okay

I have been working at Gexa Energy

ProsLots of opportunities throughout the company

ConsLots of stress and lack of direction from management

Worked for Gexa Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Gexa Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Gexa Energy CEO Brian Landrum. All 17 reviews posted anonymously by Gexa Energy employees.