Gexpro

Add Photos

Gexpro General Manager Jim Hibberd

Jim Hibberd

Potential

ProsMultiple locations throughout the US. Work/life balance is good.

ConsLarge company but does not invest in talent development.

Not a good place to work

ProsThere is some flexibility
    pay is somewhat fair
    benefits are good
    they pay for part of a gym membership
    good IT dept

ConsNo company culture
    Management has no consistent message
    employees are not valued

Advice to Senior ManagementI have never worked at a place where more people disliked one another. I have watched this company start to unravel for the past 5 years. Not a good environment.

People are leaving this company in groups.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou can make friends there.

ConsMake promises of promotions and don't follow through.
    Hire outside employees over moving long-time employees into new roles.
    Employees give and give and don't get anything in return. ("Be happy you have a job." - MGMT)
    Employees worked overtime for years and were never paid for it. (this has been fixed)

Advice to Senior ManagementMove the employees up that have proven they care about the company. Bring new people in from the bottom, they seem to be the ones that care more about the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

not an easy journey

Prosgreat experience
    hard working co-workers
    descent benifits

Consoverloaded with work
    starting salary is average, not many raises

Advice to Senior Managementrecognize the hard workers and pay them what they are worth so they don't leave

Bottom line is more important that employee Morale

ProsGood people, good work environment.

ConsManagement is not concerned with your workload, and does not keep promises. HR department is scattered.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompany morale is more important than breaking records.

Great place to start your career at

Program Manager (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsPeople are what make Gexpro a great employer

ConsNot very negotiable with compensation. Restricted advancement opportunities after a certain level of management / experience

Advice to Senior ManagementBring back the GE culture with training and developing employees (Six Sigma /Process Improvement)

Unbelievable introduction to the supply chain market.

Intern (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

ProsExcellent structure, benefits, and outlook; Great people to work with; Laid-back, easy-going; Plenty of room to advance; Reasonable salary; Technology-driven; A place for everyone

ConsCons are only present when one does not apply themselves adequately

Advice to Senior ManagementFully prepare and utilize the benefit of having an intern. Though data input and calls are very useful, experience, job shadowing, meeting other people, outside sales, high-level overviews of what makes up your company would be the most beneficial to an intern. They are going to be there anyways, make them want to choose Gexpro as a career, don't just use them to make coffee... (Idea for Management of Gexpro: Make a Pre-DSLP for Interns)

Limited without much guidance or training

Account Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood people and flexible schedule

ConsNo training, poor management, no growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore training, more sharing of accounts that actually buy from Gexpro.

Discouraging But At Least It's a Job

Inside Sales (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

Pros-job security
    -good customers
    -knowledgeable coworkers
    -opportunity to learn fastener industry

Cons-disorganized, lazy outside sales (often out of the loop due to never being in contact with the office)
    -overworked, disgruntled coworkers
    -everybody for themselves mentality
    -mixed signals from management / lack of direction

Advice to Senior ManagementTalk to and listen to your subordinates. Require outside sales to meet regularly with inside sales team to align needs of accounts. Customers notice the disconnect between outside and inside sales. We're all playing for the same team here. Reward good performance. Notify employees before the end of the year review if there are ways for them to improve. Communication is a major problem.

Massive global inventory, equaled only to the coporations current short sighted eye for sales

Business Development Manager (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsVery surportative management that aggressivly persue challenges as a whole; no hesitation to develope relationships and deploy solutions.

ConsOutside sales teams have inherent nontrust issues with any intrusion into their existing relationships. This cardinal flaw creates high level confusion and delay.

Advice to Senior ManagementChase the solutions that strenghten coporate relationships by whatever fiscal means needed. Establish trust from the top down with eye on supporting the Outside sales teams with training.

Worked for Gexpro? Contribute to the Community!