GfK NOP

Updated Mar 3, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Martin R. Lautman

Was good for a telephone interviewer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosshift work was great so flexible work pattern, great for those who can commit to specific working days or may just need extra work in one week

Consnot enough continuous work for temps and no clear career progression

Advice to Senior Managementdon't hire temporary interviewers through agencies, if at all possible

Research Manager

Research Manager (Current Employee) Princeton, NJ

Prosgood life and work balance, not as stressful as other vendors

Conslow analytics, everything is from a template. leader hardly know anything about research

Advice to Senior Managementbe less corrupted

Not the best

Trainee Research Executive (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsThe people are nice and friendly
    The work expectations aren't that high

ConsThe day to day job can be extremely boring

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fit for purpose.

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee)

ProsHuge flexibility, informal dress, short shifts, straight forward work, lots of people, good for students

ConsStrict, lots of shift cancellations at short notice, short break, tedious, repetitive, no opportunity for progression

Not a place for ambitious or talented people

Research Executive (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFriendly people. Relatively good work-life balance

ConsLack of opportunity and growth for talented people, and salary is lower than the industry standard. The only thing that seems to matter in this company is the time you have spent there, not your performance or achievement. It does not matter if you are performing at the RM or AD level when you're a RE or SRE. They don't try to reward you nor keep you happy. The only way you're getting a promotion or pay rise is to do the time and wait till it's your turn. It's a frustrating place for smart, ambitious people, but probably a haven for those who just are afraid of competition.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's about time to open your eyes and do something. The incompetence of those at the senior level is driving young, thriving talents away.

OK for what it is

Telephone Interviewer (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsI worked there as an interviewer while I was looking for permanent employment and was treated well by my manager and his manager. There is a lot of flexibility when it comes to shifts, sometimes we were asked to come in weekends, which was OK as I needed the money. The manager appreciated our efforts, although you did not have to be genius to do that sort of job. I worked in the international team and there were a lot of smart people who did this job on their way to the bigger and better. I wish I had stayed in touch. This is one of the best callcentres to work at. OK projects with realistic targets, low pressure, prompt payment and managers who treat staff well. I know what I am talking about as I had been at a number of other companies for small projects before.

ConsBuilding is not the nicest. It was either too hot or too cold. Mind you, a lot of buildings in the UK have this problem.

Good Learning experience

Market Research Interviewer (Former Employee) Luton, East of England, England (UK)

ProsLearn a lot about engaging in market research.
    Understand how to use computer software whilst conducting market research.

ConsCan be quite frustrating when you get abusive customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to treat Student employees with a bit more respect than they do-they treat them like children quite often.

Fantastic place to work for

Supervisor (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsLoved every minute of working there. Team members are great ,head office is fantastic and there is no communication gap

ConsShort projects and very early mornings

friendly and welcoming

Prosthey really support people to work their way up the company. Many of the account execs (and higher) started out as a temp or a call unit worker.
    The environment is laid back and the socials are fun.

Consthe pay is less than I would expect for the work I put in and many of my colleagues have expressed the same feeling

SRE

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgreat team, very smart people, very progressive approach to work life balance, reliable colleagues, entrepreneurship is strong, productive and cool environment... Opportunities to learn and progress.

Conssalary scale on the low side for a well performing company, even though economic situation is not the best, you shouldn't expect a switch from market research professional to consultant without the corresponding salary. Office is far for welcoming: huge gap between employees style and attitude and investment in office space/design. Small efforts have been made but real investments are necessary if you don't want ppl to feel like they work in a call center.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want to change the way your business works, review your salary policy. You have some of the brightest ppl in the industry, rewards should follow.

Worked for GfK NOP? Contribute to the Community!