GfK

Updated May 5, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Arno Mahlert

Pros
  • A pretty good work life balance, a good benefits package, great co-workers(in 7 reviews)

• Good place to learn basics of market research - get your "feet wet:(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Not quite good work-life balance, much stress(in 6 reviews)

• Senior management favored a junior person, took no action when jeopardizing projects(in 9 reviews)

6 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

GfK Boutique: good unit of GfK but sales numbers make people leave as well as low pay for hard work

ProsDynamic unit but the office in West Byfleet is boring. A lot of growth in the past few years so the team size extended. More flexibility than the GfK group as a small unit. The management team is good enough can be too young sometimes but that is also an advantage. Good place to learn in a fast pace environment.

Cons1 million below target in the first quarter. At least half of the poeple have left. So the atmosphere in the office is bad. The biggest part of the business is at maturity and the smaller part (most recent business unit) is not able to grow enough due to an obsolete product.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying to be aggressive. This will pay when you realize the product in not appropriate and adjust it to the market needs. I am sure the current bad financial results will not last for ever.

Invigourating environment. Destination for professionals with a passion to change the game

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsHuge untapped commercial potential exists
    'Start Up and Entraprenurial' approach as a unit within a large corporation
    Young and inspirational leadership
    Culture of constant and constructive challenge
    Packed full of smart people committed to making a difference

ConsShort term growing pains of a business scaling and maturing - but this is also the exciting element

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing
    Stay brave
    Keep employing the smartest people in the marketplace

GFK BOUTIQUE RESEARCH is dull and has a bad value proposition

Sales (Former Employee) Byfleet, England (UK)

ProsI am sorry but i cant find any. Its linked to GFK which has a good reputaiton but watch out this is the BOUTIQUE RESEARCH BRANCH!!!!

Conssorry to say but THE worse company I have worked for - management - product . Their time is up and so are their numbers...

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should have hire REAL manager and not be amateur in hot they handle their product. They enjoyed the golden years but in reality in a decliging tehcnologuy industry they are no where near their competitors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sinking ship

GfK Boutique Research (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

Prosgood name on your resume

Consmanagement has got no idea
    UK office is dull and depressing

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in some R&D

Good company, great people

Research Manager (Former Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFlexible working, supportive atmosphere, fun place to work

ConsIt is such a large company recognition can be difficult

Great product , good place to work , pay sucks

Account Manager (Current Employee)

ProsThe atmosphere is great . There are good people working here and they have variety of sports clubs . The product is good and the research they do is valuable .
    The politics is minimal and the management structure is lean

ConsOpportunities are limited . You can shift to other teams but that does not happen often ! The management structure is lean but that also means that you are not going anywhere in a hurry ! The facilites available are minimal and it is based in the boondocks of Surrey

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter training at management & mid management level would make the company an excellent company to work for .

Worked for GfK? Contribute to the Community!