Giant Creative Strategy

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Stephen Mullens, Steven Gold

This is a good place full of awesome, kind and talented people.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSmart, creative, diverse, interesting and hardworking people are the backbone of Giant. Alyse is a fantastic and positive leader. Giant is working hard to manage the growing pains and put process in place for stability and continued growth. Health, wellness and work/life balance are encouraged.

ConsGrowing this big this fast leaves stretch marks and Giant is not immune.
    Typical agency cons: too much work and not enough time to get it done. Some people handle it better than others.
    The elevators.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe're all in this together.

Uneven level of professionalism from team to team...poor leadership abounds from the top down.

Art Supervisor (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsBagels on Fridays. Some colleagues are troopers and honorable.

ConsLack of leadership from partners who seem to also lack ability to discern quality creative from cliché creative.
    Partners are waiting for agency to be acquired so they can retire.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the business. Leave it to the professionals.

Please adapt as you grow

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsGreat culture and very welcoming and inviting reception, try and incorporate work life balance

ConsHigh turn over some brands, high turnover on creative side (copy) for one very difficult brand due to Creative Lead that is a TERRIBLE manager. No support and does care to address and train the managers that should not be in their position

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease look at the root causes of such a high turn over on this difficult brand. The impact of such a bad manager in a high position of authority has a rippling and crippling effect across all depts trying to manage their own work. Copy people are getting burned out and are back stabbed repeatedly

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the best in the west!

ProsGood work/life balance for an agency, room to advance career, strong mentorship, interested in expanding into new areas, growing (quickly), solid group of managers (below the owners)

ConsNot many. Some difficult clients with rough deadlines (instant gratification is KILLING the industry)

Advice to Senior ManagementTo the owners: congrats! Now, put more faith in your senior leaders

Fantastic place to work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsThe people are friendly, collaborative, helpful, and fun. The company has a lot of energy and a great vibe. The company seems to invest in their people and provide an enjoyable work environment. Super benefits, perks and fun company sponsored activities.

ConsThe company is growing a lot and is still hiring. In the meantime, there's quite a bit of work, but everyone has been great at rolling up their sleeves and getting the job done.

Giant has a lot of potential for continued growth. The team cares about the success of the employees.

ProsLots of potential for great talents & top performers

ConsChallenges that come with the agency world

Solid fast-growing pharma agency with its challenges

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsSolid management team, very smart people, great award-winning work, great location/work space, friendly professional team environment. Overall, company has a good vibe, good for the agency (remember, it's agency not Google) perks - bagel Friday, dogs in the office, fresh organic fruit delivery, healthy snacks, good regular social events, matching 401K etc.

ConsVery fast growing environment - not much knowledge transfer, processes, training and development (but they are working on that one); you may be in a "sink or swim" situation. Certain positions/accounts have turnover, so do your homework and research. Long hours.

Very challenging, difficult environment, poor leadership team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsAward winning agency, great company perks, for the most part talented people,

ConsThis company has very poor processes and training. They have a lot of turnover, and incredibly long hours are expected. Seems like they lack planning. Poor pay and benefits compared to other agencies. Management team does not listen to employees and they reward the wrong behavior, very dysfunctional and unprofessional group

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed a new leadership team since the current team does not lead! Need to clean house at the top.....

Mostly horrendous, save for some honorable people in the cubicle farm.

(Former Employee)

ProsIf you stay after 8pm which is a frequent occurrence, dinner and cab fare are provided.

ConsDespite it's attempt to sell itself as a "digital" agency, job jackets prevail. Giant is hampered by its own long-term employees and Account Teams who lack the experience and knowledge to build true digital experiences for clients and efficient workflows for employees.

A 20MM equity stake by Shamrock Capital Partners has led to capital improvements to the office (more space), 401K matching, and recruitment incentives, but don't let that fool you. The pressures of an equity investment are left for lower level employees to saddle and bill more and more hours no matter what the personal cost.

One of my worst jobs ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI really have nothing good to say.

ConsDiva-like behavior tolerated, benefits are horrible. Management is incompetent, salaries for rank-and-file workers are very low. Highly competent and productive employees are discouraged because bad behavior and a low level of competency are accepted, without any repercussions. They don't listen to their employees and suggestions to improve things for clients or the agency are seen as "making trouble."

Advice to Senior ManagementStop tolerating and rewarding bad behavior. Treat your employees better and give them some decent benefits. Make sure reviews are done on time. Reward those who work hard. Listen to employees when they have positive suggestions to improve things.

Oh, and the CEO is not Alyse.

Worked for Giant Creative Strategy? Contribute to the Community!