Giftcards.com

Updated August 29, 2014
Updated August 29, 2014
4.8

Jason Wolfe

Salary is reasonable, but priorities change from one minute to the next

Current Employee - PHP Developer  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - PHP Developer in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Onsite training/employee onboard process is very thorough, and the trainers attentive. Generous paid time off (plus benefits package) and friendly/supportive co-workers make for a positive work environment the vast majority of the time. Full time work from home is a huge plus. Long weekend's almost always mean leaving a few hours early (with pay!), which is again a bonus.

Cons

Priorities can change overnight and mis-communications can result in several weeks of code being scrapped and/or re-written. Management and QA do not always understand how things should/do work, and it can be frustrating explaining the same thing 3 different ways.

Salaries could use improvement - as a contractor I was receiving a generous $86,000/yr, but when I was hired as a full time employee (and switched from hourly to salaried exempt) it dropped considerably to $72,000/yr.

Perhaps more forethought into upcoming priorities so time can be efficiently managed (versus changing direction mid project)

Innovative company with a good moral compass

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time

Pros

Good company culture. A lot of great personalities around the office make it fun to come to work. Management goes out of their way to encourage bottom up feedback and discourage office politics.

A lot of cutting edge ideas and technology. The company is a leader in the gift card space and the brand recognition is growing each year.

Extremely charitable company. Each employee gets $500/year to donate to the charity of their choice, and the CEO gives thousands more every year to children in need. Worth noting that these actions are done without any marketing or publicity efforts so they truly are for charity.

Cons

As the company continues to grow, more people tend to want to cover their butts rather than make decisions or take responsibility.

Decisions are made quick, often times without proper analysis done to support that decision. Sometimes this works out but when it doesn't, it typically means a loss of productivity.

Making people smile

Current Employee - Marketing  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I like the mission of this company most - to make people smile. They do it by creating a great product, by giving to charities, and helping the less fortunate. I like the highly professional team, and that they work together.

Cons

Probably that its fast paced and that the industry is competitive with small profits.

Keep hiring great people that care, and reject people that dont have a caring attitude - they wont get the mission.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Learning Experience

Current Employee - Information Security Analyst  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Information Security Analyst in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very fast-paced company
    Company is growing very fast
    Very organic management
    Excellent learning experience
    Excellent benefits

Cons

Company is almost growing too fast

Amazing company

I have been working at Giftcards.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

An 'A 'list founder, executive team, and intellectual property protecting all products and services. Every one works hard and well together to get the work done.

Cons

As a nimble company we may start something but toss it quickly as we discover a better\different approach. These changes while being understood can be frustrating at times especially when it's your work being scrapped.

Maintain course!

Giftcards.com Photos

make 'em smile : )

+ Add Photo

Worked for Giftcards.com? Contribute to the Community!