Giftcraft Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.0
Trevor Cohen

Pros
  • I have been at Giftcraft for over 15 years working closely with CEO Trevor Cohen and the Senior Management Team (in 21 reviews)

• They are also a 2 time winner of being named one of Canada's Best Managed Companies (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Training and communication with upper management is very weak (in 5 reviews)

• Usually due to customer service issues (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

My Family & Team is what I call Giftcraft

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

From my very first day at GIftcraft - it felt like I was coming home. The dynamic of the office and the sales force is one of a large family.

GIftcraft has given me the opportunity to learn and experience the business from several aspects. I consider myself to be a very fortunate employee who has been given the opportunity to develop working relationships with customers, sales reps, executives, warehouse staff and many of the office staff.

Through my position within the team I am inspired by the dedication and effort of the executive team. In my years of experience, I have never encountered another company who truly exemplifies the "Open Door" policy as Giftcraft does. Whenever you need guidance or simply would like to say "Hi", their doors are always open.

Every day is a new adventure- whether it be meeting a new office colleague, learning about new product or working with a customer. The opportunities they have given me to develop my skill set is appreciated and welcomed.

Cons

One can always poke holes. When it comes to my GC family- I would rather help build them up than tear them down.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire the family - with great product, your unwavering support and the positive leadership I have seen in my 4 years at Giftcraft. Looking forward to doubling and tripling my tenrure with the Giftcraft family.

Manager

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Regional Manager in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Giftcraft

Pros

Giftcraft will be the leading gift, home decor, garden, clothing and lifestyle brand company in the United States very soon. If you think you know Giftcraft and the people behind it, do some actual research. Negative posts on this website come only from "Want to Be" Sales people who can't and won't ever make the grade in sales.

Cons

Sorry, there aren't any Cons to working for a forward thinking and leading industry employer. Couldn't be prouder working for Giftcraft.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you are doing by attracting industry talent to the company from sheer opportunity.

Giftcraft Response

Jun 23, 2015CEO

I think it important that the posts on this website be a true reflection of our Company and bear resemblance of facts and the truth. Too often the anonymous posts are emotional and non factual ... More

Management

Current Employee - Upper Management in Middletown, CT
    Current Employee - Upper Management in Middletown, CT

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is no better feeling than loving your job, and more importantly, loving the "family" you work for, so much so you would like your children to be employed there. This is that place. The quality of everything from the product to the staff to the owners...top notch!

Cons

Not enough hours in a day to do as much as I'd like to do! :0)

Advice to Management

Keep up with the "open door" policy and we will continue to grow.

Golden Opportunity

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When opportunity meets hard work you are guaranteed success. Being part of the team at Giftcraft is an incredible opportunity. Giftcraft has an exceptional leadership, merchandising & customer service team. It is an honor to work for company who not only supports you, but also supports your customer.

Cons

There are no cons. It's great to be employed by Giftcraft a forward thinking industry leader!

Advice to Management

Keep the new product coming!

Grateful

Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Portland, ME
    Current Employee - Territory Sales Representative in Portland, ME

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Giftcraft for over a year. Having come from a self-employment background I find this as close to self-employment as you can get with the benefits of an employee. I was concerned about going back into the corporate world since I was accustom to being my own boss, however, have found Giftcraft to be everything I need and more. I think Giftcraft should hire more self-employed folks as really this is like owning your own business. You must have the drive and incentive of a business owner. This is not a job for the faint of heart yet you can write your own paycheck if you are willing to work like a self-employed person. Yes, the first year or two is going to be hard and you will need to expect to sacrifice some but it will be worth it. i have a large territory but I am from the state, know the state like the back of my hand and love the state and it's people and I'm not in a cubicle. I meet great business folks and mentor them in their business. I love providing them with product that is high quality and has some of the most competitive price points in the industry. I love it when my buyers see me at the dry cleaners or out shopping and tell me they have to see me again soon cause they need to place another order since their product is flying off their shelves and my schedule is so busy I have to really juggle to find a place to fit them in.

I have great benefits....the health insurance is awesome.

Trevor Cohen is a great CEO and leader. I have been extremely impressed with his insisting on this being a family, treating us like family and being so approachable. His speech at our National Sales Meeting in June was second to none and brought tears to my eyes. If I wasn't committed before (and i was) I would be all in after that speech. I have witnessed GC's handling of a sensitive situation in recent weeks and I am impressed with their handling it swiftly and appropriately.

We have great product releases with great quality items.

I have seen great changes in overall communication over the last 18 mos. Management genuinely loves feedback from the reps and actually listens.

I am grateful for the opportunity and expect a long and prosperous tenure with Giftcraft.

Cons

Wish the company offered more in the way of per diem, perhaps some personal day.
    Managers might want to consider higher starting salaries for seasoned professionals. I was offered a "right out of college" base, however, I was a seasoned professional and was able to negotiate something more.

Advice to Management

You're doing a great job. I am grateful for the opportunity.

It's like owning your own business

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time

Pros

You get out of this job what you put into it. Yes, in the beginning, the hours are long and hard, but it would be that way if you started up your own business, wouldn't it? All the tools and support are provided, so if you fail, it's your own fault.

Cons

I can't think of anything that isn't similar at other companies in the gift industry. Every company has its share of a bad product, rude customer service person, but all in all, this is a wonderful company with wonderful products and people.

Advice to Management

The communication should continue to grow, as there was a "drought" for awhile. It's much better now with the current upper management team.

ABUNDANT OPPORTUNITIES

Current Employee - Key Accounts in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Key Accounts in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

What Giftcraft offers to everyone who works here is the opportunity to sell everyday with confidence you have the BEST! Our Team at Head Office works hard to give all of us in the field Great Product that we can knock on any door and know we have something we can offer! Whether it's Garden, Home Decor, Apparel, Gift and Brands, Seasonal, and now a consumable product TEA! Wow, a committed Family at our Head Office giving us ALL the products and tools we need to have to Be SUCCESSFUL. If you are willing to work each day your future is BRIGHT! Teamwork and respect is a Perfect combination to apply each day, our Management Team in place all have sold or sell and will work with you to be a Success right from the start. Lastly our CEO Trevor has a Vision to make us be the Best in our Industry and brings to us new opportunities like our new Tea line to have us be Unique and First in our Industry! If this is what you are looking for you have found your Home!

Cons

Cons hmmm just really deciding on how to start and follow through with all the opportunities each day, I find it not so easy to stop working! So many opportunities.

Advice to Management

Thanks for all your homework you do prior to bringing products to Market, we continue to be excited about the new opportunities DON'T STOP :)

An amazing experience

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Giftcraft full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with Giftcraft for just under a year. We have an incredible company, full of forward-thinking management that is incredibly supportive on all levels. I have learned so much from all aspects of this company - from simple lessons on zoning, learning and developing my territory to the many benefits of our unbelievable marketing team. My manager is there to answer any phone call at any time to teach, assist, support in any way she can. Do they expect you to work hard - yes - but that's only to better yourself, your customers and your $$$, my boss works even harder. The best part about this company is that everyone works hard together! Together, we are creating an incredible company with fun & fabulous brands, a huge variety of products and a "team" environment that spans across the U.S. and Canadian borders!

One more note, their National sales meetings are the most inspirational 2 days in a sales persons year (twice a year)! They are "fast and furious" - filled with useful, relevant information, team building, product introductions, gorgeous tours of our beautiful showroom, and fantastic reminders of just how important the sales reps are to this company. The management team doesn't "hide behind doors,". They are there shaking our hands, thanking us for our hard work, asking what they can do to help us grow.... It is an incredible experience, one that I look forward to every 6 months!

Cons

The only cons are the sometimes product imperfections from some of our imported products. Giftcraft is incredibly generous and easy to work with on returns, credits and any issues.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing! Keep supporting your reps in the field the way that you do, keep creating new products and building this amazing line.

Dissapointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New England, WV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New England, WV

I worked at Giftcraft

Pros

Fun product to sell and use.

Cons

Micro-managed; no advancement opportunities, tough to make great money

Advice to Management

Role play with your teams on objection handling and all sales related activities.

My experiences with Giftcraft

Current Employee - Territory Manager
    Current Employee - Territory Manager

I have been working at Giftcraft

Pros

Wonderful product line, constantly changing with fresh new lines, expanding and improving existing lines, always looking to stay ahead of the curve and a being a leader in the industry. Management is striving to provide a family feel culture. I plan on staying with Giftcraft for a long time.

Cons

per diem could be higher

Advice to Management

Continue on positive track. Recent change in upper management is a very positive thing. Provide a format for all employees to anonymously offer feedback, suggestions, and experiences, perhaps a survey.

RSS Feed </> Embed