Gigamon Reviews

1. Featured Review

Gigamon - phenomenal turnaround

Current Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Engineering in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Gigamon

Pros

Execs are top notch, great execution, values & focus. Coworkers are very easy to get along, employee recognition and numerous unbeatable benefits. Great opportunity to grow within.

Cons

No cons that I can think of, compensation is top notch and good culture.

Gigamon Response

Mar 17, 2015 – CEO

Thank you for taking the time to share your perspective on Gigamon; we have built something really exciting and it is the collective focus and our culture that will drive our success.

2. In Hindsight

I worked at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting time pre-IPO with strong growth and wonderful prospects.

Cons

Typical challenges adapting after IPO. Stock tanked after 2 quarters but since rebounded.

Advice to Management

None

Senior staff engineer

I worked at Gigamon

Pros

BS company with mediocre employees. Dirty politics.

Cons

Cons are the same as pros.

5. Love to work here ... really enjoying to be a part of Gigamon Team

Current Employee - California in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - California in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! Projects managed very well. Great benefits to employees. Really takes care of the employees. Very good communication within engineering teams. Weekly training session that really helpful to everyone. Consider employees first . Consider customer feedback with highest priority.

Cons

I do not see any cons but there is always scope to improvement. No one can be perfect. Company should put extra efforts to arrange quarterly review with their customer to collect their feedback to improve the product value and take the company to next step in better way.

Advice to Management

Doing great job! Great team!

6. A Winning Company on Multiple Levels

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Executive management, company culture, opportunity to make a difference

Cons

Work/life balance can be challenging at times, but that is expected at high growth, dynamic companies

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and stay focused on the company's mission.

7. Indifferient

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health benefits. I think they really did a lot with the various options and automation. I loved some of my co-workers and think some of the most talented people there. I learned a lot in my years there.

Cons

I guess with growth, you can get lost. Stopped feeling appreciated and was never rewarded or supported in my roll, that I felt. I love what I did but thought we had a lot more potential and being the only person in my roll for so long with absolutely no growth or support, it got old. The compensation also went way down hill.

Advice to Management

Reward loyalty and hard work. Perhaps do more involvement with employees on rating their manager and discussing growth opportunities.

Sales

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast moving company with great potential. Excellent executive team that make work fun and exciting for all employees. Gigamon is currently the gorilla in their space and their roadmap fits nicely within this growing space.

Cons

Fast moving company...so for those who like a slower pace this might not be the right place for you.

Advice to Management

Dont allow your fast growth deter you from engaging your employees.

Good people but need better management

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent Coworkers, Great Benefits, Food multiple times a week, Chance to innovate, Initiatives like Women @ Gigamon, company is back on track.

Cons

First thing to be done by women@gigamon is to identify the elements who have no respect for women. Some people with very unprofessional behavior exist and are thriving.

Advice to Management

Do not tolerate unprofessional behavior however valuable that person might be for the company otherwise.

Gigamon Response

May 5, 2015 – Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. As you know, one of our core beliefs at Gigamon is to deliver a culture where all employees are collectively valued, engaged and empowered for ... More

10. Good experience so far, but can be better

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome CEO (Paul Hooper). Great Sales team! There are some very talented engineers. The small size of the engineering team gives a chance to interact with members of other teams.

Cons

There is no passion in the management to take the company to the next level. Some of the first line managers are immature and do not know how to handle the employees. No proper appreciation for hard working employees. The upper management is not able to bring in synergy in the team. There is no coherence and the projects are very chaotic. There is no proper collaboration and communication across the development, testing, hardware and product management teams. There are quite a few bad apples which make the life of the talented people miserable. There is no futuristic vision into the project scoping, no buffers for unknowns. Small and relatively new companies try to have a cool culture. The culture is really boring and dull. It would be very hard for a fresh grad to work in this kind of environment. Not a lot of diversity either in the engineering team or the management chain. Most of the engineering team is predominantly of Asian ethnicity. With the recent changes in the top management, lot of politics have started to appear. With a company of this size not sure what was the need to open a branch outside of US.

Advice to Management

Please read the cons and try to fix them.

11. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Gigamon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

In my role, I am constantly learning new skills, am challenged, and it is NEVER boring or dull. Lunch is provided at no cost to employees 3 times a week along with bagels 2 times a week in the morning. Snacks and beverages are also provided at no cost. Benefits are strong and continue to grow. I love the people I work with and I love our HQ building as it's close to where I live and filled with natural light and space. Upper management is regularly working together to improve the employee experience and they genuinely care about employee complaints (and do their best to address any that come up). It is a fast-paced environment with lots of changes and we are constantly working to streamline and improve the time it takes to internally process anything. Also, I love my manager. He has helped me work through stressful and challenging times and he is always encouraging me to grow and push myself to reach my full potential. I get positive and constructive feedback regularly so I always know where I stand with my role and it helps me to be a better employee. Overall, I love working at Gigamon and am excited to see how far I can grow within the company.

Cons

I honestly love working at Gigamon and don't feel like there are any cons that aren't being worked on by management so I don't have much to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work you've been doing and continue to constructively take employee feedback into consideration as you make decisions on changes to the company.

RSS Feed </> Embed