Gigya Reviews

Updated October 18, 2014
3.8

Gigya CEO Patrick Salyer
Patrick Salyer

Great company, great product, great people!

Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gigya full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for. The product is top of mind for every marketer, the environment is fast-paced, great base pay w/ quarterly bonuses for entry level positions, promotes internally, and you get to work with a group of passionate, driven people. Gigya is a start up and with every startup comes change. What's great about Gigya is that they recognize when something does not work and they change it. The Phoenix office has been running for a little over a year now and we are now at a point that is taking huge strides into the direction of success. The right management, the right employees, and the drive to make that happen!

Cons

If you can not handle change, then a startup nor Gigya will not be the right environment for you. In a space that can change by the minute, Gigya is always updating products, materials, sales strategies, etc. Phoenix (as of now) is strictly a sales environment. If you do not see a future in Sales or Sales Management, then your area for growth in Phoenix is very slim unless you are willing to relocate. Open floor plan can be tough at times, as the chatter tends to be high.

You are moving in the right direction! Management has recognized what it takes for Phoenix to succeed and we now have the resources and management to see that through. Keep the communication between offices open and continue stay committed and the Phoenix office will continue to see victory!

Gigya still finding its way in Phoenix, but the plan is right.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gigya full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You will get to work with a great group of people who are passionate and talented. You will get to sell relevant technology that is a huge value to clients and is on the forefront of SaaS. You will be in a space that hasn't even scratched the surface of its potential. This will be one of those stops that will be a memorable part of your career.

Cons

They are still working out the kinks with growth. Anytime you are pioneering a new space and dealing with hyper growth you will have pain. Intentions are good, but execution needs improvement.
    Unfortunately there are a few disgruntled employees leaving poor reviews. The bad part is, when you run a sales team you will have reps that don't sell or work very hard The hard thing to do is to move them out. It seems they are mad that they got released and want to hurt the people they care about. This is really a gem in Phoenix and has amazing potential.

Need more paths to growth than sales in Phx. Keep investing into training and bringing the young talent up. You have a great team and they will do great things for you.

Always improving

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gigya full-time (more than an year)

Pros

What I love about this company is that they want to get it right and if it isn't right they will make changes. Like most start-ups, there are growing pains but everyone can play a part in moving this company forward. The people you work with are your friends. There is a fully stocked kitchen and catered lunches on Thursday. People here enjoy coming to work. There are no egos here - you have access to who you need.

Cons

There can be a lot of changes so don't sign up for Gigya if you are looking for stability (not a bad thing but not for everyone). Internal communication isn't ideal but they have made a lot of improvements recently.

Keep improving communication and don't wait too long to move people out who are bringing down the organization.

Fast Growing Company Means Growing Pains

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gigya full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Gigya's culture promotes creativity and job growth. It is clear the values of the company are work ethic, integrity, and eagerness to learn. The Phoenix office has been open for a little over a year now, and the culture here especially promotes positivity above all things. Everyone supports each other to get better and move forward in an upward direction. The relationships I have made here are business relationships I know I will take with me for the rest of my life.

Cons

It is no secret that there have been a lot of changes made in the Phoenix office, however if you can understand the bigger picture these changes should not be a problem. The people in this office are hungry to be successful and strive to learn more everyday as a new office. Adjusting to multiple management changes should be a non-issue unless you are a negative person and cannot handle obstacles to overcome.

Communication is the number one priority here. Making sure the Phoenix office is involved and that there is a clear line of communication from Mountain View has been and will continue to be extremely important.

Amazing place to work!

Current Employee - BDR in Mountain View, CA
    Current Employee - BDR in Mountain View, CA

I have been working at Gigya full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are so many benefits for working at Gigya. The people are amazing and make the day to day fun and exciting. Great pay, benefits, culture, perks, exc. Highly recommend.

Cons

Fast changing culture because of high-paced recruiting.

Keep the start-up culture.

If you want to dial for dollars and be micro managed while you look for another job, this place is for you.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Gigya full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good location if you live in the far north valley. There were some pretty great people in the office but it became clear to us very quickly that it wasn't what we thought it was going to be. Product is next to impossible to sell, hence why there have barely been any sales since the office has been open. Uppder management is gone so that is a pro for that office as they made it miserable to work there even though they were based in CA, very selfish individuals that made it difficult to enjoy working there. If you need a job and benefits while you continue your search for a legit company take the job, you will meet a few good people and other companies in the valley will feel your pain when go on other interviews. If you do interview with this company, ask why nobody has made any money/sales and why there have been 4 leaders in less than a year.

Cons

Micro managed, treated as a child, product is impossible to sell at the rate they expect us to, very clear they are just trying to be bought out at the expense of their sales reps. There is no way this office is open another year, recruiter told me that is becoming a joke trying to hire as she said as soon as the company name is said, people are saying no and don't want to even talk to here. Not a fan of the fish bowl atmosphere, don't need that much privacy to work but also don't need everyone in the office basically sitting on top of each other. I am not a disgruntled ex employee, I made a few friends, made enough money to pay rent and got another job that I enjoy, just don't respect they way they treated us, although like I said the main problem has been taken care of so maybe things will change a little, I wouldn't bet against it though, still have to try and sell a product people don't want.
    Bad location if you don't live in the far north valley.

Congrats on finally realizing sales was being run into the ground and making a change. Also, stop with the fake reviews on Glassdoor, or at least don't be so obvious, come on, one bad review and then all of a sudden there are a bunch of good reviews written on the same day.

Ship has sunk in Phoenix! Don't walk, run....

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Gigya full-time (more than an year)

Pros

good base pay to differentiate amongst other tech companies but it ends there - bait and switch
    great idea - poor execution
    Phoenix had a great leader - they hosed him too

Cons

Where do I start? If you like to treat clients like dirt and push them into uncomfortable buying situations - then this is the place for you. They just want to be bought. They like to throw out false statistics and client retention is far below what they quote. Management (as there is no true leadership) is full of a bunch of fat-headed bullies that could care less about the people working hard every day for them. Lies, manipulation, condescending approach - these guys have a Doctorate in Disorganized Chaos.

Advice for management? Ride it out as long as you can as you will be useless elsewhere. Pack up Phoenix, no one in this town wants to work for you.

Great company to grow with

I have been working at Gigya

Pros

Open office environment; fun but hard-working. Great pay/ benefits are right there with top companies: stocked kitchen, gym discounts, catered lunch 1x a week. Product is in a great space that is growing quickly. Executive team is experienced and present in the office which is nice to see.

Cons

communicating at times can be difficult across time zones

Inexperienced Sales Leadership with No Strategy- shoot first, aim later.

I worked at Gigya

Pros

Good product, emerging space. Demand seems to be increasing.

Cons

No sales leadership. Almost seems as if they are intentionally slowing growth.

Hire an experienced Sales Executive to lead the global sales team to accelerate revenue growth.

Good For People Just Out Of College

I worked at Gigya

Pros

Food always stocked, try to make a community feeling in office

Cons

Cold calling was especially difficult because nobody could really grasp the technology