Gilsbar Reviews

Updated September 26, 2014
Updated September 26, 2014
4.2

Henry J. (Hank) Miltenberger, Jr.

Great atmosphere to work in

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Covington, LA

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Very friendly workplace with an understanding in the need to be flexible for a happy work/life balance. The company does try to stay on top of constantly evolving with technology, and keep employees motivated. There is also a really great wellness program, which promotes a health lifestyle, to balance the monotony of working at a desk.

Cons

No real complaints to list. It's been one of my best workplace experiences thus far.

Great atmosphere to work in

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Covington, LA

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and being able to work remote for the transactional jobs that can be measured is outstanding.

Cons

Working remote is kind of tough at times because you are not learning from listening to others around you.

Require remote workers to come into the office frequently.

This is a very good place to be an employee. The feel of family is ever present.

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The group that I work with are a good bunch of people. Everyone has a willingness to help one another.

Cons

Due to the ever changing world of medicine, it can be challenging to process claims from time to time.

Continue to care about your staff. The occasional "pat on the back" should be extended to everyone that is doing the best that they can do.

My experience at Gilsbar has been very rewarding.

Current Employee - Claims Analyst in Covington, LA

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love my job at Gilsbar. One of my favorite things about working at Gilsbar is the company benefits. Specifically, the wellness program is outstanding. I love earning wellness bucks for doing things that I would or should already be doing! Another thing I love about working at Gilsbar is that there is very extensive training and it is ongoing. Gilsbar is always striving to improve and move with the tides. One last thing I love about Gilsbar is the people I work with and for. Everyone has a sense of humor and are always willing to help.

Cons

Some of the challenges of working at Gilsbar is that sometimes there are miscommunications between different departments about procedure. Also, as a TPA, it can be a challenge pleasing the clients outside of Gilsbar.

Current employee

I have been working at Gilsbar

Pros

Flexibility in hours is a real plus! Good benefits. Ability to work remotely has been a big help to family life. Many good coworkers.

Cons

This is a busy environment. Expectations are high and sometimes hard to meet.

I have been employed with Gilsbar for almost 24 years. Gilsbar has always been a wonderful place to work.

Current Employee - Health & Life Operations Claims Analyst in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Health & Life Operations Claims Analyst in Covington, LA

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Since moving to Covington, LA almost 24 years ago, Gilsbar became part of my family. They have been very caring, concerned and understanding with all employees within the company. They welcome any opinions their employees have to offer. In 1999 I was given the opportunity to work from home. Having 2 children, this was a true blessing. I love the flexibility of my hours and I absolutely love my job. I feel there are not too many people in this world that can actually say they love their jobs. I am a very motivated employee and Gilsbar makes it easy for me to give 110% of myself to them.

Cons

Honestly I can not say anything bad about Gilsbar. Of course there are always going to be ups and downs at any company but for the most part I wouldn't change anything. I feel very fortunate to have them as my employer.

Keep up the good work. A few recognitions here and there can make your employees feel like they are doing a great job. We all like to hear the postivie.

Great company to work for!!

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

All levels of mgt, from upper- to dept level supervsrs care about the employee's success and happiness.

Cons

I do not have any cons to add to this review. My experience has been very positive at this company.

Amazing company with great benefits.

Current Employee - Professional Liability in Covington, LA
    Current Employee - Professional Liability in Covington, LA

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy the atmosphere and opportunity for advancement the most with my company.

Cons

The only challenge I have faced has been with myself and keeping myself focused on long-term improvement for my career.

Decent

I worked at Gilsbar (more than an year)

Pros

Causal atmosphere, people are really nice, work is interesting most of the time

Cons

Cubes are tiny and there is no ergonomic consideration. Company is behind the times with HR policies like vacation and expenses. Pay was okay for the area but raises were small. Company would sell products without a process to create them which meant lots of work and disappointed customers.

Meh

I have been working at Gilsbar full-time

Pros

There were plenty of chances to advance if you liked to suck up and play politics.

Cons

Everything else- poor work-life balance, restrictive work environment, mediocre compensation, incompetent leadership.

Please consider a more bottom-up model where you consider the concerns or the worker bees who are engaged in day to day work.