Gilt Groupe

www.gilt.com

Gilt Groupe Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Michelle Peluso

Pros
  • High energy, fast paced environment(in 7 reviews)

• Great engineering culture, very interesting challenges and you get to work with really smart people(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Culture did not promote any work-life balance (in name only) which is fine if you're under 30(in 6 reviews)

• Upper management plays favorites when it comes to promotions and praise(in 4 reviews)

Satisfied

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosgood culture and open minded

Consi can think of nothing

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Place to Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou are working with very smart people who are passionate about what they do. The environment is creative and promotes team work. The flexibility to work remotely and shift hours depending on my schedule was also amazing!

ConsThere are many wonderful examples of promotion from within very quickly. However, people were often promoted without the proper management experience. This lead to frustration with managers not understanding how to lead.

Gilt is an ok company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsSome wonderful and smart people.

ConsManagement team is no longer human-centric, instead they are hyper focused on cost mitigation.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on how to invest for the biggest return.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Supervisor

Pros• Monthly Gilt Credit to your account.
    • Gilt events
    • Company discount on website

TRUST ME THAT IS ALL YOU WILL LIKE ABOUT THE COMPANY!!!

Cons• Be prepared to be talked down to.
    • People are only promoted based on how much they like you.
    • Raises are in cents not dollars unless you are a favorite employee.
    • Mangers don't support
    • Manager are hardly every around when needed
    • They work you to the bone and don't compensate you for it after.
    • They give praise towards employees that Don't do anything all day if they favor you.
    • You will mostly of not always hear about the negatives instead of the positives.
    • They treat lower employees who are not in manager positions like they are to be seen and not heard.
    • Your opinion is not wanted so don't try to give it.
    • They don't care about your personal feelings or life.
    • Working for Gilt is like signing your soul to the devil.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees the same way you will want to be treated. Guide them in the correct path towards success and not failure. Stop being condescending all of the time. Please get rid of the I don't give a rat about mentalities and show some kind of compassion at times.

Pretty Good Place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsGilt has a great work life balance. There are unlimited vacation days. You can usually work an 8 hour day. The office space is modern and open. Lots of really smart people work there.

ConsIt's not a super inspiring place to work. Priorities tend to shift often. There has been a good deal of turnover. It's not your dream job, but it's a decent place.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlign on vision

Good Company Great People Interesting Mission

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsGreat work environment, smart people around you. Interesting scalability problem. Able to push new technology very quickly. Competitive salary.

ConsSome technical debt all around. Monolithic application without maintainers. Too many different ways to do the same thing.

Autonomous, exciting, challenging, fun, fast-paced.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsAutonomous environment where you can run with your idea and test it out. Employees are young and smart, and the fast-paced nature of the company keeps you on your toes and keeps pushing you further. The execs listen to the voices of the employees and have made changes like updating the pantry. The culture is fun - they offer manicures and massages during the day and are bringing meals in. There are happy hours, and a really fun halloween party every year. Its great to work for a company where the customers love the brand and are highly engaged. There isnt a vacation policy, and you get a sabbatical after working there for 3 and 5 years.

ConsThere are no down-cycles, its an always-on environment. Some of the employees are too young and have no other experience so they don't know how to conduct themselves in a business setting. It is difficult to advance because the company has grown to its max and so new positions are few. Its becoming more of a corporate, bureaucratic culture and has lost most of its start-up feel.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to do a better job identifying their top performers and helping them develop further.

Decent part-time gig

Customer Support Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsThere's no work to take home and it isn't extremely hard or stressful. It seems that way during training but it gets better. They let you know how you're doing and reward you when you do well.

ConsNot enough hours. You need a manager's approval for practically everything but they are never around to assist or don't give you a definitive response on how to handle a call. Management is either really unprofessional, seem annoyed by questions you ask, and some are even extremely passive-aggressive

Life changing

ProsExcellent people and constantly changing

ConsGetting better but long term strategy lacks length past the new shinny object.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize the people behind the scene a bit more

Marketing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh energy, fast paced environment

ConsSignificant churn, lack of top down communication

Worked for Gilt Groupe? Contribute to the Community!