Girls Fight Back

www.girlsfightback.com

Girls Fight Back Reviews

3.8

Erin Weed

Great Company - Open, Honest Communication - Savvy, Dedicated, Professional People

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Boulder, CO

I worked at Girls Fight Back

Pros

Small, growing companies can be challenging to work for, especially because things are changing all the time and quite rapidly. Plus, there is a lot of ground work to be laid in regard to marketing and systems. I've worked for several companies in this stage and never seen one so well managed as Girls Fight Back, or as open to employee involvement and ideas. The leadership invests heavily in creative ways to spread the word to potential customers to help the sales team, in providing free information and resources to help women, and in helping employees be successful. Communication is open, honest and direct. Everything is on the table in regard to compensation, challenges, expectations and limitations. Compensation is generous - if you're doing your job. It's a commission only structure, but at a high percentage as compared to most similar sales related jobs. The team of people involved are bright, professional and truly dedicated to creating a great company that helps girls and women. Everyone works hard, pulls their own load and is willing to help others.

Cons

It's not for everyone. Working in a commission-only sales position is challenging - especially when it's a young company where a lot of things are unknown and being developed. A bit of wherewithal is important, as is working hard. Sales is definitely not for everyone. This is not a company where someone can put in the bare minimum effort and expect to have results. It's also not a place for people who are thin-skinned or inexperienced in direct, honest communication. People here get to the point and really deal with things - certainly in a professional and non-threatening way. However, some people aren't used to that. If you like to take your problems, misunderstandings and frustrations to your peers instead of your boss who can help you - don't work here.

Be careful of the false promises and compensation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Girls Fight Back

Pros

Great cause to help young women

Cons

Owner pushes to have employees working sales for free. Tries new approaches without compensating and with unrealistic sales goals.

Proud to be employeed by Girls Fight Back

I have been working at Girls Fight Back

Pros

a wonderful place to work, an employer who cares about the well-being of their employees, a great cause and the feeling that you are doing something to make a difference in the world.

Cons

compensation is based on sales, so it requires commitment and flexiblity. But as someone who has stuck it out, I can vouch that the compensation is well worth the time, effort and energy that I put in.

I continue to be proud of the work we do. Thanks for having me on board! I can't wait to see where we go next.