Givaudan Reviews

76 reviews filtered by
3.3
Givaudan CEO Gilles Andrier
Gilles Andrier

Pros
  • People are friendly, environment can be light-hearted, flexible with work-life balance, lower-level jobs are routine (in 6 reviews)

• The only pros are the cafeteria, decent coffee and good benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • no work life balance for family time (in 4 reviews)

• Impotent HR controlled by upper management that allows people with power to wield it unchecked (in 4 reviews)

1. Cool culture all around

Former Employee - Sales Administrator
    Former Employee - Sales Administrator

I worked at Givaudan full-time

Pros

Fun employee incentives for helping with product testing, awesome Christmas party, and trendy culture. Pay was decent, but the extra perks were, to me, what set Givaudan apart as an employer. They prefer to hire from within, so hard work and progress are rewarded. Overall, I was very happy with my time at Givaudan. The only reason I left is because the fragrance industry just isn't where I planned to grow my career.

Cons

Pretentious attitude from a couple higher-ups, corporate bureaucracy, they seem to hold onto their temps forever without hiring them (there was one lady I worked with who was a temp for over 3 years without being offered a position!)

Advice to Management

Respect the amount and quality of work the admins do, especially when they are put on near-impossible deadlines.

2. Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Administrator in Mount Olive, NJ
    Former Employee - Administrator in Mount Olive, NJ

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well organized company. Treats employees fairly.

Cons

Busy, large employee numbers make you feel lost in the crowd at times.

Advice to Management

Management was fair. Good people to work for.

3. Good very few times, difficult most of the time

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Olive, NJ

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay scale is great, depending what position you are in the company could determine your pay rate. Full time 40hrs a week job.

Cons

I'm a "bottom feeder" in the company so our benefits aren't that impressive. No really way to lead yourself into a career path unless your considered one of the "special ones". Your job is always being threaten for potential layoff. Never recognized for accomplishing your daily tasks onsite. Culture and morale continuously seems to fall further every year.

Advice to Management

Improve your communication to your peers, sense of direction, lack of people skills, lack of creativity, your own accountability, develop better relationships with your co-workers.

Great company, Very stable

I have been working at Givaudan

Pros

The people at Givaudan are wonderful and hard working. There are many people who have worked for many years. Employee retention is pretty good. The company looks for ways to improve and grow. The company produces innovative products.

Cons

The training could be better. It can be difficult to move into different positions within the company. The company mainly does hiring from the outside instead of promoting from within.

Advice to Management

Consider promoting some of your internal people more often.

6. Nice place to work

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair pay and great benefits

Cons

i dont have any major complaints about my former job

7. Run as fast as you can!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Hanover, NJ

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only pros are the cafeteria, decent coffee and good benefits. These pros, however, do not even begin to outweigh the cons.

Cons

Where can I start? The management (and HR) is extremely corrupt and the building consists of the worst office politics I have seen anywhere. The training is nonexistent and most of the people within the company are there to bring you down, not build you up (Asking for help is a sign of weakness). Run as fast as you can from this company!

Advice to Management

Invest in proper training and take some courses on how to be a proper manager.

8. Fun creative work but management is in the ice age

Former Employee - Administrator in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrator in New York, NY

I worked at Givaudan full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Working with the leading company and in a dynamic industry on the manufacturing side. Able to work on projects from small clients to celebrities. When smelling and creating everyone is happy. Summer Fridays were great and the occasional office breakfasts.

Cons

This is specifically for the NYC office. The anxious competitive atmosphere stifles the creativity. The HR department in the NYC office is a joke, and only worried about managers. If your not at a certain level you are not considered a "core employee" and therefore will not receive an evaluation so you really don't know how your doing until your are called into HR. Internal training is non-existent. Promotions are few and far between based on their need and not your work. Tyrannical management is allowed to scare everyone with threatening words because the fragrance manufacturing industry overall is extremely competitive.

Advice to Management

Train employees, share experience instead of seeing it as something to beg for. Fragrance development is an art. Also divide management to smaller sections so someone that is entry level can actually talk to their boss to grow and learn as opposed to them never having time to build that relationship.

9. Very good

I have been working at Givaudan (More than 5 years)

Pros

good benefits and provide trainings

Cons

weak leadership, and very centralized administration

Advice to Management

Improve the decision making process. Leadership should engage on the culture

Not so good in the past few years.

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Givaudan is in the right business and is often able to make money in spite of themselves and seem to remain stable regardless of what the economy is doing.

Cons

Middle to upper management has been a revolving door especially on North America. Upper management in Switzerland seems to want all the benefits of the US economy without investing their time in learning how to work with Americans.

Advice to Management

Get off your duffs and spend some time here so you can see how things are done. You might find we have more to contribute than $$$$$$.

11. Industry leader working on getting better

Current Employee - Commercial Manager In Flavors in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Commercial Manager In Flavors in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Givaudan full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

People genuinely care about the customer
    People are helpful
    Increased focus on training (Learning and Development).

Cons

Complex Processes
    Compensation is very fair but not industry leading
    Collaboration is improving but still some silo behaviors

Advice to Management

You are on the right track. Keep focusing on improving collaboration, the customer experience and making Givaudan even better. Demand that middle managers up their game and improve communication throughout the organization.

Givaudan Photos

Givaudan flavours deliver strong six month performance

+ Add Photo