GiveGet

www.giveget.com
  www.giveget.com

GiveGet Reviews

CEO

Great place to work - even better place to progress your career and gain additional expertise

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at GiveGet

Pros

People, product, passion and persistence. The work we do really does benefit our clients bottom line. They value the work we do and love us for treating their business like it was our own.

Cons

Struggling with creating the elevator speach on vision but confident we'll figure out what it needs to help progress our services in a manner that will meet the future needs of our current clients.

Never going to get it perfect the first time so just get it good as you can and get it out there so we can learn and progress our offerings.

Started out as great company, senior management tearing company apart for unproven concepts. No bonus for hard work.

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at GiveGet

Pros

Co-workers are excellent, they really make the work place enjoyable. If it was not for them I would not come to work each day. Legacy technology and clients hold company together (by a thread).

Cons

Management has no direction, they are selling ideas to investors and board that do not even exist. They do not even perform market research for new initiatives and software platforms (like renaming the company GiveGet). Zero bonus paid for a number of years. Company was great, but has been on decline for a number of years. It is just a matter of time before it implodes, name change is first indication of this, once the GiveGet platform fails, name will be meaningless.

Go back to core values, serve your Loyalty, Banking and Gift Card clients like gold and focus on consulting and long term contracts in those areas that you're good at. Don't move into the social arena and try to act like a startup. If you must act like a startup allow the individuals on those teams to have control and ownership of pieces like a startup would, don't build a new platform with individuals not owning pieces. But again you're not a start-up, stick to core values.