Glassdoor

Updated January 11, 2015
4.6

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

1. Featured Review

Special, special place...

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

I've worked here for some time now and I really appreciate all that Glassdoor has done for me. They have provided me with extensive training, were patient and fully supportive with my development, and have a genuine interest in my progression. The personal growth I've made in the past months is truly incredible and all the credit goes to the Management team at Glassdoor. They have given me skills to pay the bills!! And the culture.... BOMB.com

Cons

The job is very demanding with high expectations and big quota. Getting along with management is important because being a politician bodes well in the office. But realistically these are issues that you will find in any and every tech company. I hate to make Glassdoor sound perfect, but it truly is a great place to work and is a special thing to be apart of.

Great Start!!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This review is after my first month at GD.

- Great people
    - Smart coworkers
    - Great learning experience
    - I have got to do meaningful contribution in my first week itself.

Cons

- Commute is long. But its not so much of a problem for me.
    - Still need to improve some aspects of continuous integration and delivery. But the plans are in place.

Keep doing what you are doing. I believe in the mission for GD but I wish that our culture always remains the same

Honeymoon is definitely NOT over!

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I come to work inspired every day by the people and the product. In addition, everyone is treated like an adult...get your work done, and no one cares if you've taken time to go to the gym or run some errands. It is incredibly exciting to be a part of a team that is helping to increase transparency in the employment world.

Cons

They really need to figure out a fair distribution of territories as it's clear that some people have a much better opportunity than others to succeed. They are working on this, and I'm hopeful that it will be more evenly distributed for everyone going forward.

Continue to do pulse checks on your team, continue to hire sales development reps (who are awesome) and continue to invest in getting the glassdoor name out there.

Great Company

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible hours, great lunch food, free snacks in the kitchen, good people.

Cons

HR. Anything that has to do HR/payroll makes me cringe. Very slow process and always unreachable.

Keep it up and give people more opportunities to grow.

Glassdoor Response

Jan 7, 2015VP, People

Hi. I would really like to chat with you about your experience with HR/Payroll. I would like to know how we can improve to provide you with a better experience. The HR team is new and still ... More

Great start for a sales career!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, they genuinely care about the whole team and encourage collaboration. There was also a good amount of training right after being hired and then weekly as well.

Cons

The sales organization has grown quickly in 2014, however, they still have not adjusted for a distribution of accounts with appropriate quotas to represent the amount of opportunity in each area.

Align quotas to represent the amount of awareness and business in a particular region. Quotas in the
    Bay area are easier to achieve than in say.... Kansas. A round robin of accounts may alleviate this disadvantage to newer reps.

Best move I've ever made!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love being a part of an incredible community that helps individuals find jobs they love! It's a great feeling coming to work knowing you are making a difference in the world. I love the people here, I know I am working with the best in the industry. They are intelligent, supportive, and incredibly fun. We have an amazing culture and there is a huge opportunity for upward mobility. The product is awesome, it's constantly evolving to progress in a positive direction. The training program sets you up for success and our managers are dedicated to helping us improve our process and coach us in the right direction. Some of the perks include a gym on site, free snacks, lunches, and unlimited PTO! Glassdoor is a very special place, it's the best move I've ever made!

Cons

Sometimes the vegetarian lunches run out quickly.

Super excited to be a part of our organization, you're doing a great job! =)

Absolutely Amazing

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hands down the most fun place I have worked. The entire organization, from product, to engineering, sales, to C Suite are fantastic. It is exciting to be part of an organization where everyone truly believes in what we do.

Cons

Typical hyper growth startup challenges. Territories shifting, policies changing etc. However, these challenges, if you can call them that, are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful group of people.

Keep up the transparency!

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is truly doing something to make the world a better place and I'm honored to be contributing to the mission of helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.

Aside from all the awesome perks like a gym, catered lunch, unlimited vacation and the ability to bring my dog every day, I just love being at Glassdoor. I'm consistently in awe of the good ideas, smart people and a lovable culture we have here.

One program I'm particularly impressed with is the extensive leadership training everyone goes through. It teaches us how to successfully communicate with one another. I've implemented learnings from this training in to other elements of my life and it's tremendously valuable.

Cons

The performance review process is wanting. After a performance review, regardless of whether or not it was positive, I always feel worse about my job. Compensation and titles are also a problem, based on recent new hires I know I would have a higher salary and title if I were recruited here recently or to a different team.

There are two companies within Glassdoor: the B2C side (the darling) and the B2B side (the one with a bit of a rude culture problem).

Make sure that all members of the leadership team continue to respect the Glassdoor values. I believe this is the key to continuing to cultivate the tremendous culture we have here.

Helping people feels great!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced environment with smart, motivated employees. Great executive team and awesome CEO. Really feels like we are building an important service.

Cons

Start up growing pains at times. Lots of new people to onboard while trying to go after new opportunities.

Keep it up

It was the best

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

The pay and the frindship bond with the company the trust bond.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons at all.