Glassdoor

Glassdoor Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman

Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 14 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great

ProsThe culture is very great. It is unlike a lot of other companies that I have come across.

ConsIt takes time to figure out what we might want to do.

Up, up, and away!

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGlassdoor practices what they preach!
    The transparency is present.
    Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company. Jobs, titles, divisions are present now that may not have been 3 or 6 months ago and will continue to evolve as we are rapidly growing and adjusting for growth.
    Communication is certainly a priority and constantly being worked on.
    The benefits out-surpass any place I have worked before or have been involved with.
    Additional training/education is available by simply requesting it

ConsBeing remote from the Corporate office has, at times, been a challenge from a communication standpoint and at times a disconnect.
    Orientation processes for remote folks/locations should be considered as much as the process that is present for the corporate office - this is a definite sore point.
    Scheduling of company-wide meetings needs to also take into account time zone differences for the availability of those attending. Alternately secured video recording should be made and available for those who cannot attend and would like to 'see what they missed".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the effort with communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remotes.
    A clearer definition/explanation of what remote locations are to expect from an office setup in relation to what is praised/touted at the Corporate location - not everyone has a clear understanding of the differences and reasoning.
    This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, keep up the good work!

The best way to spend a summer

Content & Community (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

Pros- Meet new people
    - Great pay
    - Work/life balance very strong
    - Fun things to do during breaks
    - Ability to manage oneself
    - Free, healthy, & delicious lunches
    - Dog friendly environment

Cons- Work could get a little tedious, but that happens at all internships
    - Nothing else bothered me

Advice to Senior Managementnone

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best company I have ever worked for!

PR/Corporate Communications (Current Employee) Mill Valley, CA

ProsGlassdoor really knows how to take care of their employees. We get high-quality swag, catered lunch everyday, gym access, kayaks and snacks...all for free! We are a dog friendly office, which is awesome. Unlimited PTO, healthcare, high compensation.

ConsThe commute to and from work can be quite lengthy. Even in the carpool lane, it has taken an hour to get from Novato to Mill Valley.

Great company while it lasted

Content Associate (Former Employee)

Prosgreat pay, bonuses, work from home, work at your own pace, easy work, flexible

Consrepetitious work, laid off a month after receiving a bonus, no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all lines of communication open, dont blindside good workers with lay-offs, provide more variation to the work load

right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned

Enterprise Sales (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

Proskiller office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
    Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
    Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

ConsComp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
    Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
    Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
    It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Advice to Senior ManagementLots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

Wrong people running shop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe base pay and commission structure is great. If you're in the Sausalito office, the company does everything they can to help you succeed.

ConsThey should have a VP of Sales in place instead of letting marketing teach tenured sales reps how to sell.

Every training we were required to go to was pretty much a waste of time. No company wants to know how long you've been in business, how many awards you've won nor do they want to hear about tons of stats you've made up. They want to tell you their problems and hear how your product can solve them.

Marketing wants you to talk the clients' ear off. Stop. Your style does not work.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone is on the same page because you all look ridiculous when we're trying to get an answer for something and everyone tells you something different.

Too many people want their hands in the pot and no one knows what they're talking about.

Glassdoor Response

Jul 21, 2014SVP & General Manager, B2B

Thank you for the feedback. We are always looking to improve how we operate. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't find our regular sales training sessions helpful toward achieving your sales goals ... More

Exceeds Expectations

Account Executive (Current Employee) Mill Valley, CA

ProsEveryone here is incredibly talented. If you can get into this company, you not only were an all-star at your last company, but you are likely someone that I would want to hang out with on the weekends. There is zero ego here and everyone has an understanding that as there is no room for lone wolves at this company. Team culture, CEO cares.

ConsBridge toll is not covered. But free lunch kinda offsets it. Hiring a lot from the outside. Make sure you don't neglect the AE's that want to move up

Advice to Senior ManagementI appreciate the management trying to grow in the RIGHT way. Hiring the RIGHT people. And making sure the lower management is empowered to run the ground operations is key- because they are feeding the beast both financially and with a winning culture.

Glassdoor Response

Jul 10, 2014Content Services Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback!

Great company and people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

ProsSo far working at Glassdoor has been a great experience! Coworkers are very friendly, office is great, strong management, all over a very positive experience.

ConsNo cons at this time but haven't been with the company that long...

Great company. Great Culture. Great sense of community.

ProsGlassdoor's mission is to help people people find a job they love and the company fully encompasses that mission inside it's own glass doors. The benefits are phenomenal, the food is yummy, and the people here really care about each other.

ConsThe commute is a big one. The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!