Glassdoor Reviews

164 reviews filtered by
4.6
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Glassdoor is by far, the best place I've had the honor of working. They set the bar the high but give you all the tools to succeed. For an entry-level sales position, the training is top-notch, your coworkers are unbelievably supportive, and you get to have some of the best managers around. There's no grey area about your duties and responsibilities. In this role, you really get out what you put in, which is awesome.

The executives really drive home the underlying theme of "transparency" here. The CEO, Robert Hohman, eats lunch with everyone and is one of the most amiable people I've met. If he doesn't recognize you, he will approach you, introduce himself, and ask you his name. That's hard to beat.

Bottom line, you get to start and end each day feeling proud of the work you do here.

Cons

There is a serious learning curve here so this job isn't for the lighthearted. They expect you to work HARD and kick butt at your job. Work load definitely fluctuates, but its sales.

Advice to Management

Nothing. Robert, thanks for making the young, aspiring professionals at this company stoked to be a part of such an awesome company/family.

Glassdoor Response

Apr 26, 2015Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for your great review. We strive to provide an environment that lets you do your best work. Part of that is every day making it a point that you are learning and improving. The learning ... More

Sales Development Representative

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and informal work environment. Work hard play hard. Very collaborative environment. Everyone always willing to help out.

Cons

On boarding/training process somewhat messy and informal. Kinda throw you into deep in at first which has pros and cons.

Advice to Management

Improve on boarding/trainging process for SDR's. Other than that keep up the awesome work!

Glassdoor Response

Apr 26, 2015Manager, Sales Development

Thank you for your review. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoy the collaborative environment. We try hard to create a place where we help make each other better.

I hear you on the training. As
    ... More

3. Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am continually impressed by the caliber of people that are employed with Glassdoor. It's extremely rare to interact with a colleague that appears to be disengaged in their work and the overall company mission. There is very little downtime that I observe in any of the roles here and that is not a bad thing at all. Every single day I am inspired by not only the leadership, but also by the staff that make it happen too. Glassdoor is an exciting product and I can't imagine not feeling good about coming to work. Perks include a nice sized gym, well-behaved dogs trotting around the office, catered lunch, a video game area, kombucha keg, a large variety of snacks; fruit, yogurt, chips, or hummus, (too many to list) and last but not least... an incredible location with a running/biking trail right outside the door. You can also borrow bikes to ride and borrow the kayak and paddle board too! I enjoy working hard and I enjoy being around people that desire to do the same.

Glassdoor does a great job hiring people that are appropriate company culture fits and the work is very rewarding.

Cons

There are no major cons which stand out; only annoyances. Small annoyances include an email heavy atmosphere and short notice to meetings.

Advice to Management

Continue to control messaging around growth and individuals departing the company. Growth involves tremendous strain on multiple departments and environments are going to change due to growth. People tend to become dramatic when change occurs. Leadership can impact reaction and emotion exponentially through proper messaging. So far so good! Keep it going leaders!

5. Lead Web Developer

Current Employee - Lead Web Developer in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Lead Web Developer in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, great people, friendly, challenging, awesome food, views are amazing and fun running trails!

Cons

Slight commute, but not too bad. Snacks can be healthier.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Keep communication open and transparent, keep being honest and fun!

Incredible experience and talented teams.

Current Employee - Client Services in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- I came from a stuffy, stagnant work environment and am continuously grateful to work with such fun, intelligent, creative, open-minded, hardworking people. The people are the first and best pro to me, from my colleagues to my supervisors.
    - the catered lunches do an awesome job of accommodating different tastes and diets.
    - the view around the building is spectacular; I've always loved going out for a breather or a jog at lunch and Glassdoor really delivers on this.
    - the CEO is still accessible; he is visible at company huddles and seems kind and approachable.
    - the work we do is actually infusing good into the world by connecting passionate candidates to employers who care about the employee experience.
    - the fact that things are constantly updating and changing makes the work experience very dynamic and engaging.
    - teams get to know each other outside of work through happy hours, game nights, intramural activities, etc.

Cons

- we can't actually kayak here due to preservation issues with the water source x_x
    - it's unlikely that you'll ever interact with or learn from departments outside your own unless you're in some kind of training with them
    - if you don't live in San Francisco or Marin, your commute situation is tricky. However, there is constant brainstorming on how to address this, including vanpool possibilities; hopefully these ideas come to fruition.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing; thank you for giving your staff the freedom to shape Glassdoor; thank you for the support, communication, and transparency.

Amazing Company, Struggles on Growth Team

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-The mission: "Helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies they love." I truly feel like we are making a huge impact, and this gets me up every morning. Plus, the company is growing like crazy!
    -The people: My coworkers are all hard-working, smart, and creative individuals. Glassdoor is picky about who they hire (3-4 interview rounds), which is a good thing.
    -The leadership: Our CEO, Robert, is the man. He embraces the open-door policy, and makes time to help his employees. In fact, I love all of the managers (extremely hands on, but not in a micro-management kind of way)
    -The benefits: Flexible work hours, unlimited PTO, travel budget (for Growth Team/Account Managers), dog-friendly, catered lunch every day, gym onsite, stock options...everything I could ask for and more! Glassdoor truly invests in its employees.
    -The career opportunities: Well-deserved promotions on the regular, and I've even seen a few folks make lateral movements. If you want to come to Glassdoor, now is the time to do it! Get in while it's hot :)

Cons

As with any growing company, change is to be expected (and we are growing and changing in a positive direction). However, I feel like the Growth Team (Account Management side) is experiencing the brunt of this constant shifting, and it's sinking the morale of the team in a real way.

From what I've heard, upper management is aware of this, but is taking the approach "Stick it out, it will get better!" Which very well may be true, but what about now? This needs to be addressed asap before you lose some of your top reps.

-Support: Managers are constantly being pulled into meetings, which takes them off the floor. I wish we didn't have to compete with upper management for their time.
    -Accounts: I've had about 3 major shifts in my book of business within the last year. It is extremely disorienting, and makes it difficult to build rapport with our clients
    -Expectations: Unrealistic. We are measured by retention and growth. However, we are now expected to close as much (if not more) new business than the New Business team!
    -There has been a major shift in the way quota is structured, which has resulted in a huge deficit for the entire Growth Team to start out the year. It is nearly impossible to make up the difference, unless you are closing a ton of new business. This means less reps hitting their numbers, which in turn means smaller payouts in commission.

Advice to Management

There is seriously low morale on the Growth Team, which needs to be addressed (and not just acknowledged)

Account Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Glassdoor for 3 months and though I know I'm still in my honeymoon phase, I just want to say that I am LOVING working here. The culture is the best I have ever seen in any company. The sales team is strongly bonded and genuinely enjoy hanging out with each other. We support each other's challenges and cheer on each other's victories. All in all, I am looking forward to going to work every day.

Cons

The location is a bit tough- mill valley is not super accessible for everyone. There is some tension around structure of quotas and territories, which are being addressed.

Advice to Management

Continue to be transparent and awesome. We are inspired to work for you!

9. Great place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Glassdoor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some great people and benifits

Cons

Lack of solid sales leadership at the time

I continue to fall deeper in love with Glassdoor everyday

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working here for 3 years now, and I seriously love coming into work more and more everyday. I am confident in the direction that the company is going, I love the leadership, the ability to make an impact, and the impact that our product is making in the world! It feels like we are making a huge difference in the lives of jobseekers - and that is AWESOME.

Cons

Some growing pains - communication is getting harder, with all the new people it has been tough to navigate the org at large. I feel like there are certain things that we have to rush to finish, and then nothing happens with it! Sometimes different parts of the company are working on similar problems, but not cross referencing each other to align their goals. The pay could also be better.

Advice to Management

More overarching management on the Sales/B2B side would be helpful. It would be nice to have someone streamline communication and initiatives. Also improving the way that we communicate internally, too many emails, etc. We need to work on that as we grow. Salaries could be higher, but I love love love what I do here, so it's not too much of an issue.

All and all, I feel super confident with the direction the company is headed and the talent and employees that we bring on board to help get us there! Love it!

11. Good coworkers, long-ish commute

I worked at Glassdoor (More than a year)

Pros

The people employed by the company are selected for positivity and competence. The building is aesthetically pleasing.

Cons

Location is somewhat out of the way. While beautiful, the commute from the city might require getting used to.

Advice to Management

The steady growth is something that should continue to occur moving forward. Glassdoor is likely to stick around for a while.