Glassdoor

Updated September 13, 2014
4.8

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 16 reviews)

• Glassdoor is all about creating a good work/life balance and this is clear from some of the office policies (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

• High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love working at Glassdoor. Everyone is extremely friendly and the benefits are awesome. We get free breakfast and lunch, free health insurance, unlimited time off, paid volunteering days and more.
    It's also great to know that we are revolutionizing the way people job hunt.

Cons

We are growing so fast that there is not enough space to put everyone, the workplace is a little crowded

wonderful

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Great job really enjoyed all aspects of it.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Where working is fun

Current Employee - Data Science Intern  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Although I do love the work I do at Glassdoor, it’s the company culture that makes the job so enjoyable. Coming to work every day, I’m greeted by dogs and smiles. Sure there are always a few not so smiley people due to it being the morning or stress but for the most part it seems like everyone is genuinely happy. Why wouldn't they be? We work for a company that’s all about making people happy and our employers want us to be happy too. This is quite easy considering the amazing facilities and people we are given the opportunity to work with. The office is all open space, allowing for easy collaboration as well as socialization throughout the day. Need a break from work? Go take a run on the treadmill in the company gym or challenge a co-worker to a game of Ping-Pong. Hungry? Grab a healthy, or not so healthy, snack from the many mini-kitchens at the office or wait until noon for catered lunch to be served. Glassdoor is all about creating a good work/life balance and this is clear from some of the office policies. I’m not a dog owner or a parent but if I were I would love that I could bring my dog to work or use the baby room if I wanted to bring my child in. With all the Glassdoor has provided me with, what’s not to love? Coming to work doesn't feel like work at all because I love what I do and I hope to continue working for Glassdoor in the future.

Cons

I wish I could work more than I do

Sep 9, 2014CEO

Thanks for all the great feedback! Glad to hear you like the work and the our culture.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great service!

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Young, fresh company with a lot of energy.

Cons

There is nothing bad about this company.

Keep doing what you are doing.

GREAT Company to work for!!

Current Employee - Content Management  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Content Management in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful growing company! It is exciting to see all the growth and changes that take place. Working from home is the best! Plenty of opportunity for growth if you are interested. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

When you are working from home, communication can sometimes be difficult.

Keep up the great work!

Sep 9, 2014CEO

Thanks for writing a review! We’ll keep working on the communication

Best Benefits I've Ever Received

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free breakfasts and hot catered lunches every day, flexible work hours (with the option to work from home whenever you need to), unlimited paid time off, dogs in the office, 100% of healthcare premiums covered, and incredible growth opportunities and a really good work/life balance. Everything you would want from an employer and so, so much more.

Cons

The only problem I have sometimes is that sometimes it's so high energy and the atmosphere is so loud and buzzing that it can be hard to actually get work done. But that same environment is also a fun place to be in most of the time.

As much as you can, try to maintain this startup feel even as we grow. We all love working here because we feel like we're valued and a part of something big -- but don't let that change.

Aug 14, 2014Head Talent Warrior

Thank you so much for your feedback on our benefits! In regards to the loud and buzzing collaborative workspaces, we understand it can be distracting at times. That why we encourage using the "quiet ... More

Great place to work

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation is great. Benefits are also a great part of working here.
    Work/life balance is really good. I almost never worked more than 40 hours a week.
    The culture is nice. My coworkers were friendly and always helpful.

Cons

Not a lot of promotions. The business hierarchy is pretty flat so it is hard to move up. There are times when things are unclear so my team did not always know what we were supposed to be doing.

Management was transparent. Should have had more training.

Up, up, and away!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor practices what they preach!
    The transparency is present.
    Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company. Jobs, titles, divisions are present now that may not have been 3 or 6 months ago and will continue to evolve as we are rapidly growing and adjusting for growth.
    Communication is certainly a priority and constantly being worked on.
    The benefits out-surpass any place I have worked before or have been involved with.
    Additional training/education is available by simply requesting it

Cons

Being remote from the Corporate office has, at times, been a challenge from a communication standpoint and at times a disconnect.
    Orientation processes for remote folks/locations should be considered as much as the process that is present for the corporate office - this is a definite sore point.
    Scheduling of company-wide meetings needs to also take into account time zone differences for the availability of those attending. Alternately secured video recording should be made and available for those who cannot attend and would like to 'see what they missed".

Keep up the effort with communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remotes.
    A clearer definition/explanation of what remote locations are to expect from an office setup in relation to what is praised/touted at the Corporate location - not everyone has a clear understanding of the differences and reasoning.
    This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, keep up the good work!

The best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - PR/Corporate Communications  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - PR/Corporate Communications in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor really knows how to take care of their employees. We get high-quality swag, catered lunch everyday, gym access, kayaks and snacks...all for free! We are a dog friendly office, which is awesome. Unlimited PTO, healthcare, high compensation.

Cons

The commute to and from work can be quite lengthy. Even in the carpool lane, it has taken an hour to get from Novato to Mill Valley.

Great

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

The culture is very great. It is unlike a lot of other companies that I have come across.

Cons

It takes time to figure out what we might want to do.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!