Glassdoor Reviews

155 reviews filtered by
4.5
Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

I continue to fall deeper in love with Glassdoor everyday

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've been working here for 3 years now, and I seriously love coming into work more and more everyday. I am confident in the direction that the company is going, I love the leadership, the ability to make an impact, and the impact that our product is making in the world! It feels like we are making a huge difference in the lives of jobseekers - and that is AWESOME.

Cons

Some growing pains - communication is getting harder, with all the new people it has been tough to navigate the org at large. I feel like there are certain things that we have to rush to finish, and then nothing happens with it! Sometimes different parts of the company are working on similar problems, but not cross referencing each other to align their goals. The pay could also be better.

More overarching management on the Sales/B2B side would be helpful. It would be nice to have someone streamline communication and initiatives. Also improving the way that we communicate internally, too many emails, etc. We need to work on that as we grow. Salaries could be higher, but I love love love what I do here, so it's not too much of an issue.

All and all, I feel super confident with the direction the company is headed and the talent and employees that we bring on board to help get us there! Love it!

2. Who gets excited to come to work? ME!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Glassdoor knows how to hire quality, hard-working, smart people. It is a strange feeling to get excited to come to work- something I have not experienced in the past. My teammates have become some very close friends- friends who challenge me every single day. I can't say enough about the environment and community that has been created at Glassdoor. It is a pretty amazing place to be and feel lucky every day.

Cons

As we grow rapidly, maintaining a company-wide culture is seemingly more and more difficult to maintain. Although each department has their own culture locked down, different departments rarely inter-mingle. I think it is important for Sales to interact with the Engineering for example, or for PR to interact with the CSM/TPM teams, etc- but this doesn't happen often.

Management is awesome and well respected at Glassdoor and they are cultivating some pretty amazing talent. Instead of hiring from outside, I strongly feel that management teams should be built from within- especially in Sales. It makes a HUGE difference when a manager knows the ropes, knows the products, and can truly train a team to do great things based on their personal experience.

Special, special place...

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I've worked here for some time now and I really appreciate all that Glassdoor has done for me. They have provided me with extensive training, were patient and fully supportive with my development, and have a genuine interest in my progression. The personal growth I've made in the past months is truly incredible and all the credit goes to the Management team at Glassdoor. They have given me skills to pay the bills!! And the culture.... BOMB.com

Cons

The job is very demanding with high expectations and big quota. Getting along with management is important because being a politician bodes well in the office. But realistically these are issues that you will find in any and every tech company. I hate to make Glassdoor sound perfect, but it truly is a great place to work and is a special thing to be apart of.

Great Start!!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

This review is after my first month at GD.

- Great people
    - Smart coworkers
    - Great learning experience
    - I have got to do meaningful contribution in my first week itself.

Cons

- Commute is long. But its not so much of a problem for me.
    - Still need to improve some aspects of continuous integration and delivery. But the plans are in place.

Keep doing what you are doing. I believe in the mission for GD but I wish that our culture always remains the same

Best move I've ever made!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I love being a part of an incredible community that helps individuals find jobs they love! It's a great feeling coming to work knowing you are making a difference in the world. I love the people here, I know I am working with the best in the industry. They are intelligent, supportive, and incredibly fun. We have an amazing culture and there is a huge opportunity for upward mobility. The product is awesome, it's constantly evolving to progress in a positive direction. The training program sets you up for success and our managers are dedicated to helping us improve our process and coach us in the right direction. Some of the perks include a gym on site, free snacks, lunches, and unlimited PTO! Glassdoor is a very special place, it's the best move I've ever made!

Cons

Sometimes the vegetarian lunches run out quickly.

Super excited to be a part of our organization, you're doing a great job! =)

Absolutely Amazing

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Hands down the most fun place I have worked. The entire organization, from product, to engineering, sales, to C Suite are fantastic. It is exciting to be part of an organization where everyone truly believes in what we do.

Cons

Typical hyper growth startup challenges. Territories shifting, policies changing etc. However, these challenges, if you can call them that, are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful group of people.

Keep up the transparency!

Glassdoor is one of the coolest companies ever! By far the best job experience I've ever had.

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Healthy/ productive environment for everyone. Great pay and the people are wonderful. If you're one to prove yourself, there is great opportunities for advancement with the company.

Cons

Hard work is definitely necessary because the company is in a state of growth. It's hard to keep up at times, the demand is so high.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than a year)

Pros

This company is truly doing something to make the world a better place and I'm honored to be contributing to the mission of helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.

Aside from all the awesome perks like a gym, catered lunch, unlimited vacation and the ability to bring my dog every day, I just love being at Glassdoor. I'm consistently in awe of the good ideas, smart people and a lovable culture we have here.

One program I'm particularly impressed with is the extensive leadership training everyone goes through. It teaches us how to successfully communicate with one another. I've implemented learnings from this training in to other elements of my life and it's tremendously valuable.

Cons

The performance review process is wanting. After a performance review, regardless of whether or not it was positive, I always feel worse about my job. Compensation and titles are also a problem, based on recent new hires I know I would have a higher salary and title if I were recruited here recently or to a different team.

There are two companies within Glassdoor: the B2C side (the darling) and the B2B side (the one with a bit of a rude culture problem).

Make sure that all members of the leadership team continue to respect the Glassdoor values. I believe this is the key to continuing to cultivate the tremendous culture we have here.

Great place

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time

Pros

Get to work from home, good schedule

Cons

same old same old

nothing

SDR role is a great entry into a sales career

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Everyone here truly enjoys coming to work every day. I get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people I have ever met. Very collaborative work environment, beautiful office and great company culture. There is an on site fitness trainer, workout classes, and gym. Generous amounts of food, free lunches, coffee & snacks every day. Lots of cute doggies around the office. People dress very casual in whatever is comfortable. Lots of fun company events and outings for people to bond. The company is fairly generous with supplies & technology for employees. It is an exciting time to join the company as we are expanding internationally & growing rapidly!

Glassdoor is an industry leader in employer branding, which is a new and developing area for the recruiting industry. Sales team is selling something that we can feel good about, since it aligns with our mission. Accomplishments are recognized by teams, by the sales department, and at a company-wide level. The CEO even comes and hugs sales reps. Managers truly listens to employees and are always working to improve processes or solve problems. There is a lot of very hands-on training, so there is tremendous room for personal growth and skill development.

The marketing team does killer campaigns to keep a healthy flow of inbound leads coming to the sales team. New SDRs get to work warm inbound leads, so you are usually cold calling people with some knowledge, interest or familiarity of Glassdoor. Tenured SDRs work outbound leads, which is great training on prospecting, getting to decision makers and navigating an organization. There are clear goals & room for growth. SDRs are promoted into Account Executive/Account Management roles. Quota is realistic and everyone is always willing to help others learn or grow. The team has clear rules of engagement that prevent overlap and promote fairness.

Cons

There is constant change as part of a growing company, which can lead to some over-communication. BCC and reply-all feature needs to be used less in email threads. Salesforce needs to be cleaned up since there is a lot of bad data. Some teams seem understaffed for the work load (such as IT and sales ops).

The commute is kind of a pain unless you live in Marin, which most people don't. Right now, the company only compensates for people who commute via bus, but most people drive independently and pay a lot for bridge tolls. Not a lot of healthy food or options for people with allergies/dietary restrictions. Feels like some people are working 24/7 although everyone has different perceptions of work/life balance.

Inbound SDRs are highly dependent on marketing campaigns, so any lulls in marketing make it harder to hit numbers. Some of the sales reps don't understand how to work with SDRs and should communicate or show more appreciation for our hard work. The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy.

Thank you for being so transparent and responsive to employees. Overall, our management inspires and excites me & i'm excited to see where you lead our company!

Glassdoor Response

Nov 13, 2014VP of Sales

Thank you so much for the review. The Sales Development team is a great source of talent for the Sales team. We are always working to make positive improvements based on your feedback. We will ... More