Glassdoor

Updated August 27, 2014

4.8

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 14 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

GREAT Company to work for!!

Current Employee - Content Management  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Content Management in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Wonderful growing company! It is exciting to see all the growth and changes that take place. Working from home is the best! Plenty of opportunity for growth if you are interested. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

When you are working from home, communication can sometimes be difficult.

Keep up the great work!

Best Benefits I've Ever Received

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free breakfasts and hot catered lunches every day, flexible work hours (with the option to work from home whenever you need to), unlimited paid time off, dogs in the office, 100% of healthcare premiums covered, and incredible growth opportunities and a really good work/life balance. Everything you would want from an employer and so, so much more.

Cons

The only problem I have sometimes is that sometimes it's so high energy and the atmosphere is so loud and buzzing that it can be hard to actually get work done. But that same environment is also a fun place to be in most of the time.

As much as you can, try to maintain this startup feel even as we grow. We all love working here because we feel like we're valued and a part of something big -- but don't let that change.

Glassdoor Response

Aug 14, 2014Head Talent Warrior

Thank you so much for your feedback on our benefits! In regards to the loud and buzzing collaborative workspaces, we understand it can be distracting at times. That why we encourage using the "quiet ... More

Where working is fun

Current Employee - Data Science Intern  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Although I do love the work I do at Glassdoor, it’s the company culture that makes the job so enjoyable. Coming to work every day, I’m greeted by dogs and smiles. Sure there are always a few not so smiley people due to it being the morning or stress but for the most part it seems like everyone is genuinely happy. Why wouldn't they be? We work for a company that’s all about making people happy and our employers want us to be happy too. This is quite easy considering the amazing facilities and people we are given the opportunity to work with. The office is all open space, allowing for easy collaboration as well as socialization throughout the day. Need a break from work? Go take a run on the treadmill in the company gym or challenge a co-worker to a game of Ping-Pong. Hungry? Grab a healthy, or not so healthy, snack from the many mini-kitchens at the office or wait until noon for catered lunch to be served. Glassdoor is all about creating a good work/life balance and this is clear from some of the office policies. I’m not a dog owner or a parent but if I were I would love that I could bring my dog to work or use the baby room if I wanted to bring my child in. With all the Glassdoor has provided me with, what’s not to love? Coming to work doesn't feel like work at all because I love what I do and I hope to continue working for Glassdoor in the future.

Cons

I wish I could work more than I do

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company. 8/10 would recommend.

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

Great office atmosphere. Good pay.

Cons

very boring work for me.

Great

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

The culture is very great. It is unlike a lot of other companies that I have come across.

Cons

It takes time to figure out what we might want to do.

The best way to spend a summer

Current Employee - Content & Community  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Content & Community in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern for less than a year

Pros

- Meet new people
    - Great pay
    - Work/life balance very strong
    - Fun things to do during breaks
    - Ability to manage oneself
    - Free, healthy, & delicious lunches
    - Dog friendly environment

Cons

- Work could get a little tedious, but that happens at all internships
    - Nothing else bothered me

none

Up, up, and away!

Current Employee - Systems Administrator  in  Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Systems Administrator in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Glassdoor practices what they preach!
    The transparency is present.
    Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company. Jobs, titles, divisions are present now that may not have been 3 or 6 months ago and will continue to evolve as we are rapidly growing and adjusting for growth.
    Communication is certainly a priority and constantly being worked on.
    The benefits out-surpass any place I have worked before or have been involved with.
    Additional training/education is available by simply requesting it

Cons

Being remote from the Corporate office has, at times, been a challenge from a communication standpoint and at times a disconnect.
    Orientation processes for remote folks/locations should be considered as much as the process that is present for the corporate office - this is a definite sore point.
    Scheduling of company-wide meetings needs to also take into account time zone differences for the availability of those attending. Alternately secured video recording should be made and available for those who cannot attend and would like to 'see what they missed".

Keep up the effort with communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remotes.
    A clearer definition/explanation of what remote locations are to expect from an office setup in relation to what is praised/touted at the Corporate location - not everyone has a clear understanding of the differences and reasoning.
    This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, keep up the good work!

The best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - PR/Corporate Communications  in  Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - PR/Corporate Communications in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

Glassdoor really knows how to take care of their employees. We get high-quality swag, catered lunch everyday, gym access, kayaks and snacks...all for free! We are a dog friendly office, which is awesome. Unlimited PTO, healthcare, high compensation.

Cons

The commute to and from work can be quite lengthy. Even in the carpool lane, it has taken an hour to get from Novato to Mill Valley.

Great company and people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for less than a year

Pros

So far working at Glassdoor has been a great experience! Coworkers are very friendly, office is great, strong management, all over a very positive experience.

Cons

No cons at this time but haven't been with the company that long...

right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time for more than a year

Pros

killer office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
    Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
    Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

Cons

Comp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
    Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
    Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
    It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Lots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!