Glassdoor

Glassdoor Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman

Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 14 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great company while it lasted

Content Associate (Former Employee)

Prosgreat pay, bonuses, work from home, work at your own pace, easy work, flexible

Consrepetitious work, laid off a month after receiving a bonus, no advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all lines of communication open, dont blindside good workers with lay-offs, provide more variation to the work load

The best way to spend a summer

Content & Community (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

Pros- Meet new people
    - Great pay
    - Work/life balance very strong
    - Fun things to do during breaks
    - Ability to manage oneself
    - Free, healthy, & delicious lunches
    - Dog friendly environment

Cons- Work could get a little tedious, but that happens at all internships
    - Nothing else bothered me

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Up, up, and away!

Systems Administrator (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsGlassdoor practices what they preach!
    The transparency is present.
    Growth potential is certainly available for those that seek it or want it, especially with the rate at which we are growing as a company. Jobs, titles, divisions are present now that may not have been 3 or 6 months ago and will continue to evolve as we are rapidly growing and adjusting for growth.
    Communication is certainly a priority and constantly being worked on.
    The benefits out-surpass any place I have worked before or have been involved with.
    Additional training/education is available by simply requesting it

ConsBeing remote from the Corporate office has, at times, been a challenge from a communication standpoint and at times a disconnect.
    Orientation processes for remote folks/locations should be considered as much as the process that is present for the corporate office - this is a definite sore point.
    Scheduling of company-wide meetings needs to also take into account time zone differences for the availability of those attending. Alternately secured video recording should be made and available for those who cannot attend and would like to 'see what they missed".

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the effort with communicating and bridging the gaps that are present at times with information for remotes.
    A clearer definition/explanation of what remote locations are to expect from an office setup in relation to what is praised/touted at the Corporate location - not everyone has a clear understanding of the differences and reasoning.
    This is a great company that is growing quickly and with rapid growth are the typical growing pains.
    Never-the-less, keep up the good work!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The best company I have ever worked for!

PR/Corporate Communications (Current Employee) Mill Valley, CA

ProsGlassdoor really knows how to take care of their employees. We get high-quality swag, catered lunch everyday, gym access, kayaks and snacks...all for free! We are a dog friendly office, which is awesome. Unlimited PTO, healthcare, high compensation.

ConsThe commute to and from work can be quite lengthy. Even in the carpool lane, it has taken an hour to get from Novato to Mill Valley.

Great company and people!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

ProsSo far working at Glassdoor has been a great experience! Coworkers are very friendly, office is great, strong management, all over a very positive experience.

ConsNo cons at this time but haven't been with the company that long...

Great company. Great Culture. Great sense of community.

ProsGlassdoor's mission is to help people people find a job they love and the company fully encompasses that mission inside it's own glass doors. The benefits are phenomenal, the food is yummy, and the people here really care about each other.

ConsThe commute is a big one. The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out.

Best Job Ever

ProsI love coming to work every day. I genuinely wake up excited to start working on my projects! Great culture, everyone actually cares about you. Free breakfast and lunch really does make a difference — and it's such great food! The new office is beautiful and I couldn't imagine working anywhere else. Don't plan on just sitting around... You'll be working really hard, but it's all 100% worth it!

ConsNot much time to get into things when you first start, but that could be seen as a good or a bad thing. I liked it that people trusted me from the get-go to tackle projects and not be micro-managed, but some may not think that's enough training. No other cons!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, and try your hardest to maintain this culture even though we're growing like crazy.

Best job ever!

Public Relations (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

ProsI love my job, and I love helping others find jobs they love. The culture at Glassdoor is unlike anywhere else I've worked, and it all trickles down from leadership and managers. Glassdoor is an open, transparent and supportive environment, which I truly value. The thing I like most about working here is the fact that I believe in Glassdoor's mission and vision, and I know my co-workers do too. My colleagues are super smart and passionate, and it's infectious.

Located in beautiful, sunny Sausalito, I enjoy riding my bike to work, eating on our deck overlooking the Bay at lunch and taking free yoga classes outside. Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to. We have an unlimited vacation policy, and whenever I'm on vacation, I'm encouraged to actually be on vacation - no checking emails or working!

The benefits and perks are wonderful with free lunch daily (salads, sandwiches, soup, daily hot dishes), a beautiful gym with high-end equipment and locker room, game room, beer on tap, Philz coffee, kayaks, standing desks, dog friendly (shoutout to Ruby!), etc. We have good healthcare, vision, dental and commuter benefits (for people that take public transportation) as well. Salary, bonuses and stock options are fair.

It really is the best job I've ever had, and I enjoy coming to work every day.

ConsThe biggest downside of working at Glassdoor is the commute (if you live in SF or beyond). Riding/driving over the Golden Gate Bridge every day has its perks so it isn't all bad, but if I could change anything I would move the entire Glassdoor campus to San Francisco.

Communication between departments can improve (and is improving!), especially as we continue to grow.

Though commuter benefits are awesome, I'd love to see a bike commuter benefit program put into place.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy managers are super supportive, give helpful feedback and routine performance reviews - keep it up!

I really enjoy my job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWorking for a company that truly cares about the employees is priceless. Not only does Glassdoor care about us, but the company culture is one of fun and a great atmosphere. Meetings are constructive with great feedaback

ConsThere is a lot to be done and not always enough people to do it. Demanding work schedule and challenging opportunities make have a short staffed organization hard to work for in the future I hope they correct this too.

A company that cares

Technical Project Manager (Current Employee) Sausalito, CA

Pros- Flexible working hours (not a typical 9-5 job)
    - Culture fit is a necessity -- everyone here is friendly and open
    - Very lateral organization -- while there is a hierarchy, communicating ideas and getting resources isn't too much of a struggle
    - Open door policy

Cons- Better communication between different departments i.e. engineering x sales
    - While unlimited PTO is great, the longer you have been on the job, the harder it is to take time off -- not sure if this falls on the company but it is something management should be aware of

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!