Glassdoor

Updated October 27, 2014
4.7

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Glassdoor is all about creating a good work/life balance and this is clear from some of the office policies (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

• High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time

Pros

Get to work from home, good schedule

Cons

same old same old

nothing

SDR role is a great entry into a sales career

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone here truly enjoys coming to work every day. I get to work with some of the smartest and most innovative people I have ever met. Very collaborative work environment, beautiful office and great company culture. There is an on site fitness trainer, workout classes, and gym. Generous amounts of food, free lunches, coffee & snacks every day. Lots of cute doggies around the office. People dress very casual in whatever is comfortable. Lots of fun company events and outings for people to bond. The company is fairly generous with supplies & technology for employees. It is an exciting time to join the company as we are expanding internationally & growing rapidly!

Glassdoor is an industry leader in employer branding, which is a new and developing area for the recruiting industry. Sales team is selling something that we can feel good about, since it aligns with our mission. Accomplishments are recognized by teams, by the sales department, and at a company-wide level. The CEO even comes and hugs sales reps. Managers truly listens to employees and are always working to improve processes or solve problems. There is a lot of very hands-on training, so there is tremendous room for personal growth and skill development.

The marketing team does killer campaigns to keep a healthy flow of inbound leads coming to the sales team. New SDRs get to work warm inbound leads, so you are usually cold calling people with some knowledge, interest or familiarity of Glassdoor. Tenured SDRs work outbound leads, which is great training on prospecting, getting to decision makers and navigating an organization. There are clear goals & room for growth. SDRs are promoted into Account Executive/Account Management roles. Quota is realistic and everyone is always willing to help others learn or grow. The team has clear rules of engagement that prevent overlap and promote fairness.

Cons

There is constant change as part of a growing company, which can lead to some over-communication. BCC and reply-all feature needs to be used less in email threads. Salesforce needs to be cleaned up since there is a lot of bad data. Some teams seem understaffed for the work load (such as IT and sales ops).

The commute is kind of a pain unless you live in Marin, which most people don't. Right now, the company only compensates for people who commute via bus, but most people drive independently and pay a lot for bridge tolls. Not a lot of healthy food or options for people with allergies/dietary restrictions. Feels like some people are working 24/7 although everyone has different perceptions of work/life balance.

Inbound SDRs are highly dependent on marketing campaigns, so any lulls in marketing make it harder to hit numbers. Some of the sales reps don't understand how to work with SDRs and should communicate or show more appreciation for our hard work. The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy.

Thank you for being so transparent and responsive to employees. Overall, our management inspires and excites me & i'm excited to see where you lead our company!

Truly incredible company - walks the talk..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a new employee I can say I feel nothing but lucky to be a new part of this organization. Everything from the CEO to company culture and perks are nothing short of incredible. The platform exists to help people find companies and jobs that they love, that is very much the stance inside these walls. Robert has a very clear vision of how we can make positive impact and that passion is contagious across his organization.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one. Nothing but good people and processes thus far.

Keep. It. Up.

Not good, not terrible, change is needed

Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool perks like a good office location, fun employees, free lunches and nice gym equipment and lockers

Cons

They mistakes perks for culture. There's no real career path or progression and it's become much too political. The people who shout the loudest get all the praise. I also feel like we're losing focus.

Focus in the users instead of profits. Help your employees reach their personal and professional goals.

What an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined Glassdoor recently and I am so glad I did. Everything and everyone is awesome here. Very very smart and fun people to work with. They really know how to treat their employees. Lots of perks and benefits but you are expected to be great at your work which is awesome. Oh and wait, did I say that the location rocks!

Cons

I haven't seen any so far. I guess its very open environment so if you are sensitive to noise, this might be an issue for some.

Do more of the same....you have created something special :)

Excited to come to work every day - even after 9 months

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Every day is a learning experience, full of surprises and growing pains, forcing employees to learn from and teach each other. This may be a con to some, but to someone like me who enjoys a challenge and having a fast-paced job, it's a definite pro.

Other perks: selling a product you believe in, flexible hours, unlimited PTO, catered lunch, and the fact that bring-your-dog-to-work day is every day

Cons

My cons are more wishes and first world problems than they are actual cons. I wish we had company buses and skill set building opportunities (ex/ guest speakers or Toastmasters). I think this second point is especially something we could all only benefit from.

Fast paced company with exponential growth!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glassdoor has been doubling every year in employee size, number of clients, and revenue since I started back in 2012. It's exciting company and culture to a part of. With this amount of growth, there's a lot of opportunity to stand out as a leader if you're a top performer. This has lead to people taking advantage of great upward mobility and career growth.

Cons

If you're not self-motivated or resourceful enough to figure how to keep your head above water or get ahead, you could get lost in the shuffle. That being said, Glassdoor gives everyone more than a fair chance not only survive here, but take leaps and bounds.

Keep listening to your employees to shape your internal processes and employer products. Some the best ideas come from the field.

Very satisfying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good working conditions

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Incapable of intelligent analysis.

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

None - do not work here.

Cons

The HR group is ignorant, in a business that touts its ability to perform outsourced recruiting.

Fire HR and start over.

Glassdoor Response

Oct 21, 2014VP, People

Hi. I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would welcome a conversation with you to find out how you became so disappointed. I am the new VP of People at Glassdoor and I would appreciate ... More

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working at Glassdoor. Everyone is extremely friendly and the benefits are awesome. We get free breakfast and lunch, free health insurance, unlimited time off, paid volunteering days and more.
    It's also great to know that we are revolutionizing the way people job hunt.

Cons

We are growing so fast that there is not enough space to put everyone, the workplace is a little crowded