Glassdoor

Updated December 19, 2014
4.6

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Best move I've ever made!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love being a part of an incredible community that helps individuals find jobs they love! It's a great feeling coming to work knowing you are making a difference in the world. I love the people here, I know I am working with the best in the industry. They are intelligent, supportive, and incredibly fun. We have an amazing culture and there is a huge opportunity for upward mobility. The product is awesome, it's constantly evolving to progress in a positive direction. The training program sets you up for success and our managers are dedicated to helping us improve our process and coach us in the right direction. Some of the perks include a gym on site, free snacks, lunches, and unlimited PTO! Glassdoor is a very special place, it's the best move I've ever made!

Cons

Sometimes the vegetarian lunches run out quickly.

Super excited to be a part of our organization, you're doing a great job! =)

Absolutely Amazing

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Hands down the most fun place I have worked. The entire organization, from product, to engineering, sales, to C Suite are fantastic. It is exciting to be part of an organization where everyone truly believes in what we do.

Cons

Typical hyper growth startup challenges. Territories shifting, policies changing etc. However, these challenges, if you can call them that, are dwarfed by how great it is to work with such a wonderful group of people.

Keep up the transparency!

Great start for a sales career!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, they genuinely care about the whole team and encourage collaboration. There was also a good amount of training right after being hired and then weekly as well.

Cons

The sales organization has grown quickly in 2014, however, they still have not adjusted for a distribution of accounts with appropriate quotas to represent the amount of opportunity in each area.

Align quotas to represent the amount of awareness and business in a particular region. Quotas in the
    Bay area are easier to achieve than in say.... Kansas. A round robin of accounts may alleviate this disadvantage to newer reps.

Helping people feels great!

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Fast paced environment with smart, motivated employees. Great executive team and awesome CEO. Really feels like we are building an important service.

Cons

Start up growing pains at times. Lots of new people to onboard while trying to go after new opportunities.

Keep it up

It was the best

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

The pay and the frindship bond with the company the trust bond.

Cons

There are absolutely no cons at all.

Glassdoor is one of the coolest companies ever! By far the best job experience I've ever had.

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Healthy/ productive environment for everyone. Great pay and the people are wonderful. If you're one to prove yourself, there is great opportunities for advancement with the company.

Cons

Hard work is definitely necessary because the company is in a state of growth. It's hard to keep up at times, the demand is so high.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is truly doing something to make the world a better place and I'm honored to be contributing to the mission of helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.

Aside from all the awesome perks like a gym, catered lunch, unlimited vacation and the ability to bring my dog every day, I just love being at Glassdoor. I'm consistently in awe of the good ideas, smart people and a lovable culture we have here.

One program I'm particularly impressed with is the extensive leadership training everyone goes through. It teaches us how to successfully communicate with one another. I've implemented learnings from this training in to other elements of my life and it's tremendously valuable.

Cons

The performance review process is wanting. After a performance review, regardless of whether or not it was positive, I always feel worse about my job. Compensation and titles are also a problem, based on recent new hires I know I would have a higher salary and title if I were recruited here recently or to a different team.

There are two companies within Glassdoor: the B2C side (the darling) and the B2B side (the one with a bit of a rude culture problem).

Make sure that all members of the leadership team continue to respect the Glassdoor values. I believe this is the key to continuing to cultivate the tremendous culture we have here.

Cool

Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Sales Development Representative in Spokane, WA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great people, good money, fun times.

Cons

Challenging work, crappy hours, boring

Ease up

Great community, working through growing pains

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are great. Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance. The people are generally very friendly and there is a good sense of community.

Cons

Teams tend to work in silos which leads to miscommunication and makes it hard to get simple things done. The company is growing quickly and process hasn't completely caught up.

Trust people to do their jobs.

Great place

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time

Pros

Get to work from home, good schedule

Cons

same old same old

nothing