Glassdoor

Updated December 3, 2014
4.6

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

What an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined Glassdoor recently and I am so glad I did. Everything and everyone is awesome here. Very very smart and fun people to work with. They really know how to treat their employees. Lots of perks and benefits but you are expected to be great at your work which is awesome. Oh and wait, did I say that the location rocks!

Cons

I haven't seen any so far. I guess its very open environment so if you are sensitive to noise, this might be an issue for some.

Do more of the same....you have created something special :)

Fast paced company with exponential growth!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glassdoor has been doubling every year in employee size, number of clients, and revenue since I started back in 2012. It's exciting company and culture to a part of. With this amount of growth, there's a lot of opportunity to stand out as a leader if you're a top performer. This has lead to people taking advantage of great upward mobility and career growth.

Cons

If you're not self-motivated or resourceful enough to figure how to keep your head above water or get ahead, you could get lost in the shuffle. That being said, Glassdoor gives everyone more than a fair chance not only survive here, but take leaps and bounds.

Keep listening to your employees to shape your internal processes and employer products. Some the best ideas come from the field.

Not good, not terrible, change is needed

Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Cool perks like a good office location, fun employees, free lunches and nice gym equipment and lockers

Cons

They mistakes perks for culture. There's no real career path or progression and it's become much too political. The people who shout the loudest get all the praise. I also feel like we're losing focus.

Focus in the users instead of profits. Help your employees reach their personal and professional goals.

Very satisfying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good working conditions

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Best Company to Work For

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love working at Glassdoor. Everyone is extremely friendly and the benefits are awesome. We get free breakfast and lunch, free health insurance, unlimited time off, paid volunteering days and more.
    It's also great to know that we are revolutionizing the way people job hunt.

Cons

We are growing so fast that there is not enough space to put everyone, the workplace is a little crowded

Great service!

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Young, fresh company with a lot of energy.

Cons

There is nothing bad about this company.

Keep doing what you are doing.

wonderful

I worked at Glassdoor

Pros

Great job really enjoyed all aspects of it.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say.

Incapable of intelligent analysis.

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

None - do not work here.

Cons

The HR group is ignorant, in a business that touts its ability to perform outsourced recruiting.

Fire HR and start over.

Oct 21, 2014VP, People

Hi. I am so sorry to hear that you feel this way. I would welcome a conversation with you to find out how you became so disappointed. I am the new VP of People at Glassdoor and I would appreciate ... More

Where working is fun

Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Data Science Intern in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Although I do love the work I do at Glassdoor, it’s the company culture that makes the job so enjoyable. Coming to work every day, I’m greeted by dogs and smiles. Sure there are always a few not so smiley people due to it being the morning or stress but for the most part it seems like everyone is genuinely happy. Why wouldn't they be? We work for a company that’s all about making people happy and our employers want us to be happy too. This is quite easy considering the amazing facilities and people we are given the opportunity to work with. The office is all open space, allowing for easy collaboration as well as socialization throughout the day. Need a break from work? Go take a run on the treadmill in the company gym or challenge a co-worker to a game of Ping-Pong. Hungry? Grab a healthy, or not so healthy, snack from the many mini-kitchens at the office or wait until noon for catered lunch to be served. Glassdoor is all about creating a good work/life balance and this is clear from some of the office policies. I’m not a dog owner or a parent but if I were I would love that I could bring my dog to work or use the baby room if I wanted to bring my child in. With all the Glassdoor has provided me with, what’s not to love? Coming to work doesn't feel like work at all because I love what I do and I hope to continue working for Glassdoor in the future.

Cons

I wish I could work more than I do

Sep 9, 2014CEO

Thanks for all the great feedback! Glad to hear you like the work and the our culture.

GREAT Company to work for!!

Current Employee - Content Management in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Content Management in Canton, OH

I have been working at Glassdoor part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful growing company! It is exciting to see all the growth and changes that take place. Working from home is the best! Plenty of opportunity for growth if you are interested. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

When you are working from home, communication can sometimes be difficult.

Keep up the great work!

Sep 9, 2014CEO

Thanks for writing a review! We’ll keep working on the communication