Glassdoor Reviews

The Future is Exciting!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I look forward to the daily challenges my job offers. I do not do well when I am idle so the fact that things around here move quickly and I am always incredibly busy keeps me very happy. Employees here are incredibly intelligent which drives everyone to work harder and smarter. I have a really long commute which I have gotten use to and the nice thing about working here is they are very flexible with my schedule. The perks aren’t too shabby either. Free catered lunch every day, a gym on site, a wellness director/personal trainer, cute dogs to pet throughout the day and snacks in every kitchen. Did I mention my team? I absolutely love my team. I am very excited about the direction of Glassdoor and look forward to everything the future brings.

Cons

Communication can be tough sometimes. With so many new hires often times people aren't sure who to communicate things to which then causes things to slip under the radar.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. Add spell check to the reviews page!

Loving Life at Glassdoor

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Beautiful headquarters on the water in Sausalito which includes free parking and free lunch! -Glassdoor is growing like crazy and it is very exciting to hit new milestones every quarter -The sales org has well defined career paths, aggressive but attainable quotas, uncapped commission, fun co-workers, and a supportive management team -Clients are very engaged at the Enterprise level. It is fun to work with big brands and make an impact on their business. -Our CEO was the main reason I came to Glassdoor. He is brilliant, approachable, and people would follow him anywhere -I adore my colleagues -Unlimited PTO! I have really taken advantage of that over the past few years :)

Cons

-Sausalito could be considered a downside since it is not in the city, which also makes happy hour a little challenging (I actually like the counter-commute from the city) -Normal growing pains, such as territory re-alignments, new processes, and not knowing everyone by name anymore -First 6 months for new sales rep can be a little daunting since there is a big learning curve

Advice to Management

-Continue to listen to your teams and make appropriate adjustments -The sales org could use more team outings so that we bond with new hires -Sales needs another product to sell - our clients want to buy more! -Focus on our culture as we grow -Keep up the great work!

Amazing culture and learning opportunity

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Managers are supportive and constantly working to ensure employee success; I've never been in a more encouraging environment - The learning curve is diminished through constant coaching and training sessions - Perks are great: free lunch, snacks, healthcare, bikes, beautiful office location with an easy commute to and from San Francisco, Oakland and the North Bay - Teammates are more than just coworkers, they are good friends that root each other on - Senior management is extremely transparent and open about discussing change within the company to individual employees - Work hard, play hard culture. If you are self motivated and willing to put in the work, you will do amazingly well here - No clearly defined promotion track; you can move up as you prove to be ready or move laterally to a different department

Cons

- Rapid growth means new faces every day which is overwhelming - No other work environment is quite like Glassdoor. They set the standard so high with culture that finding another company that fits the bill is impossible - Salary is lower than most tech companies in the bay area

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. As the company grows culture will be harder to maintain but you've done a great job so far with the current rapid growth.

Jun 8, 2015 – CEO & Founder

Thanks for your review and highlighting some of the great parts of Glassdoor life!

5. Love it.

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

- We all work towards the common goal and vision of helping people find better jobs, and helping companies make better hires. - We're spoiled by the views, catering, employee value culture, and ambition around us.

Cons

None, really. Anything that would be a con is negated by the positive.

Jun 8, 2015 – CEO & Founder

Thanks for the review - the views are pretty stunning :)

6. Direct Sales Representative

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

Responsible for helping clients find new products and showing them how they work. Mobility of meeting clients instead of calling in an office. Responsible for helping clients find new products and showing them how they work. Relative independence away from an office. it is hourly pay and commission.

Cons

Meeting sales goals can be stressful

Advice to Management

Ttreat all your employees with kindness and dignity. You have the power in this relationship, and that comes with the responsibility of exercising it with reason and decency.

Team-oriented but still highly competetive

Current Employee - Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor

Pros

I love my team. I strategize with them daily. There are no dumb questions. People are not afraid to share their ideas and what has worked well. I am growing here professionally and as a person because of the super smart, competitive and team-oriented colleagues with whom I work.

Cons

Glassdoor is growing fast which is good and difficult simultaneously. I would like to see better training after our introductory new-hire class (a class that is geared towards all department new-hires). Moving into a new position, it's difficult to know what questions to ask. Better training would help prevent costly mistakes as a new-hire ramps. Playing devils advocate, this current set up really does foster the motivated, driven individual to take matters into their own hands and act to have a positive impact.

Advice to Management

Continue to be proactive about employee feedback regarding our lightening growth. Training should be more uniform and have structure as we get larger.

8. It really doesn't get any better than this!

Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Client Success Manager in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Exquisite & transparent leadership, clear company direction, unlimited PTO, free catered healthy lunch everyday, fully equipped gym, employer paid health benefits, bring your dog to work, work/life balance

Cons

Change, change, change! If you're into repetition & incapable of adapting to evolving products, policies & procedures - this may not be the company for you.

Advice to Management

Develop a more standardized training program. Continue to hold open feedback discussions and treat your employees very well - and you can do no wrong. Thank you for investing so much into us!

9. Marketing Manager

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people and culture. Everyone at the company is incredibly helpful, outgoing and an overall team player. I trust those around me to do the right thing and get the job done at all times. There's also loads of opportunity to be had and the freedom to try new approaches to things. I also appreciate the awesome level of collaboration we have across teams (marketing, sales, PR, recruitment, etc.). Our CEO is remarkable and his passion for the company and candidness with employees furthers everyone's belief in / support of our mission.

Cons

We definitely are experiencing some growing pains. As we get bigger, certain systems need to be put in place to compensate for folks being stretched too thin or not enough. It's especially difficult in positions where there is only one person in the function. Many folks may see a single role in multiple lights and it's hard to live up to everyone's expectations and deliver on the amount of requests that come through.

Advice to Management

The company is fantastic and I think you'd be hard to find someone who doesn't love the people they work with here. As we expand, clearer definitions of roles and responsibilities would help reduce ambiguity and stress on certain departments. We also do need to invest in technologies that allow us to scale.

SAE

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mill Valley, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time

Pros

I consider myself really lucky to be a part of this organization and am really excited about what the future holds for it. The company has a great culture, does a good job of listening to its employees and as far as selling our products is concerned, I think it's very close to being a "need-to-have" for companies concerned about landing solid talent.

Cons

The rapid growth that I've seen here is generally a good thing, but as expected, has brought some growing pains. Generally the challenges associated with doubling the org. year over year have been addressed by management fairly quickly, but have been challenging nonetheless.

11. Young. Gifted. Positive.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Summary More than any company I've ever worked for, Glassdoor practices what it preaches when it comes to the art of organizational transparency. For example, everyone has a say when it comes to new hires (a first in my career), excellent work is publicly acknowledged and management openly discusses results, company changes and the future on a regular basis in all-hands meetings. Glassdoor also boasts the youngest worker demographic of any tech company I’ve worked for, which makes it an energetic, fresh, positive, fast-paced, “Let’s try this!” environment. Detailed Pros -Supportive—B2B managers and colleagues have your back, let you know when you’ve done a good job, single you out for love in team meetings -Fast growing and open—management honest about future of company, quarterly results -Hiring process—taken very seriously, everyone on team has a say, vote and stake in decision -Smart, bright people—few, if any weak links, which makes B2B run like a Ferrari -Great business model and mission—helping employers make great hires makes you feel good -Open floor plan—conducive to collaboration, quick brainstorms, getting things done fast -Generational—youngish worker demographic comes with less professional baggage and hang-ups, less “We used to do it this way at XYZ company” attitude -Training—new hires go through serious onboarding -Dog friendly environment—reduces daily stress, helps lighten things up -Great benefits—unlimited PTO, catered lunches, gym, team outings

Cons

-B2B/B2C divide—sometimes feels like two separate companies under one roof -Open floor plan—no privacy, often leads to cacophony, hectic environment -Sales territories—constantly changing, moving targets lead to churn in Sales, disrupting Marketing sales enablement efforts -Dog friendly environment—often a distraction to business at hand -Food—more healthy snacks would be appreciated -Generational—youngish worker demographic can turn office into free-wheeling party

Advice to Management

Work harder to integrate B2B/B2C sides of the business so talent, expertise and knowledge can be leveraged, repurposed and shared.

May 15, 2015 – VP, People

Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate your candor. As you know, we recently re-orged our Marketing Department to bring B2B and B2C marketing together under our CMO. This should really ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed