Glassdoor

Updated July 14, 2014

4.8

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 14 reviews)

• Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • High expectations right from the get-go and very fast paced environment (in 6 reviews)

• The new building is great but there are some little things that need to be worked out (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

86 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

The best way to spend a summer

Current Employee - Content & Community  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Content & Community in Sausalito, CA

Pros

- Meet new people
    - Great pay
    - Work/life balance very strong
    - Fun things to do during breaks
    - Ability to manage oneself
    - Free, healthy, & delicious lunches
    - Dog friendly environment

Cons

- Work could get a little tedious, but that happens at all internships
    - Nothing else bothered me

none

Great company and people!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Pros

So far working at Glassdoor has been a great experience! Coworkers are very friendly, office is great, strong management, all over a very positive experience.

Cons

No cons at this time but haven't been with the company that long...

right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA

Pros

killer office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
    Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
    Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

Cons

Comp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
    Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
    Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
    It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Lots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company that cares

Current Employee - Technical Project Manager  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Technical Project Manager in Sausalito, CA

Pros

- Flexible working hours (not a typical 9-5 job)
    - Culture fit is a necessity -- everyone here is friendly and open
    - Very lateral organization -- while there is a hierarchy, communicating ideas and getting resources isn't too much of a struggle
    - Open door policy

Cons

- Better communication between different departments i.e. engineering x sales
    - While unlimited PTO is great, the longer you have been on the job, the harder it is to take time off -- not sure if this falls on the company but it is something management should be aware of

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

Pros

I literally could not say enough praise about this company so far. Management truly knows what they are doing. They are encouraging to you as an individual and create an environment of collaboration amongst the team. Upper management has been able to find the perfect balance between a motivating and relaxed environment. All expectations are attainable, and also rooted in data.

Cons

I was initially apprehensive about the commute; but working in Sausalito has proven to be a refreshing, and easy break from the fast paced city. I can't imagine working in the Financial District ever again.

Keep doing what you're doing -- it's working!!!

Best job ever!

Current Employee - Public Relations  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

Pros

I love my job, and I love helping others find jobs they love. The culture at Glassdoor is unlike anywhere else I've worked, and it all trickles down from leadership and managers. Glassdoor is an open, transparent and supportive environment, which I truly value. The thing I like most about working here is the fact that I believe in Glassdoor's mission and vision, and I know my co-workers do too. My colleagues are super smart and passionate, and it's infectious.

Located in beautiful, sunny Sausalito, I enjoy riding my bike to work, eating on our deck overlooking the Bay at lunch and taking free yoga classes outside. Work/life balance is good with flexible scheduling and ability to work from home when you want or need to. We have an unlimited vacation policy, and whenever I'm on vacation, I'm encouraged to actually be on vacation - no checking emails or working!

The benefits and perks are wonderful with free lunch daily (salads, sandwiches, soup, daily hot dishes), a beautiful gym with high-end equipment and locker room, game room, beer on tap, Philz coffee, kayaks, standing desks, dog friendly (shoutout to Ruby!), etc. We have good healthcare, vision, dental and commuter benefits (for people that take public transportation) as well. Salary, bonuses and stock options are fair.

It really is the best job I've ever had, and I enjoy coming to work every day.

Cons

The biggest downside of working at Glassdoor is the commute (if you live in SF or beyond). Riding/driving over the Golden Gate Bridge every day has its perks so it isn't all bad, but if I could change anything I would move the entire Glassdoor campus to San Francisco.

Communication between departments can improve (and is improving!), especially as we continue to grow.

Though commuter benefits are awesome, I'd love to see a bike commuter benefit program put into place.

My managers are super supportive, give helpful feedback and routine performance reviews - keep it up!

Best company

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sausalito, CA

Pros

Glassdoor has an amazing culture. The overall energy in the company is encouraging, uplifting and rewarding. Left alone the amazing office, game room, gym, food, yoga, poker nights and all those perks. I love working here. Best company I worked at.

Cons

Nothing comes in mind so I guess none so far

Keep the unique culture that you've created. It's priceless.

A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

Pros

Very open culture
    Great office with great perks - unlimited vacation, free lunch, recreation room, kayaks
    Flexible hours/Work from home if necessary
    Feel like I always know what is going on with the company, no secrets

Cons

Communication between teams is sometimes difficult
    Career path isn't always super clear
    Could use more traning, which I think is getting a lot better with our new hires

Great opportunity

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sausalito, CA

Pros

Great place to work , very friendly people.
    Lot of potential growth.
    They have a great onboarding process for new employees.

Cons

Its in the Mill Valley which is not very easy to commute via public transport.

Great Company

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

Pros

Beautiful location, fast growing website, young professionals, fun outings, good management, better food, Molly Stones is across the street, You can see sailboats from the windows...

Cons

Typical start-up environment...lots of policy changes and turnover that can lead to unrest.

Worked for Glassdoor? Contribute to the Community!