Glassdoor

Updated December 17, 2014
4.6

Glassdoor CEO Robert Hohman
Robert Hohman

Pros
  • Gave you the option to work from home if you were not a temp if you wanted to (in 17 reviews)

• Unlimited PTO means that you can have a real work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • The office is a little crowded as the company is growing & the sales floor can get a little noisy (in 5 reviews)

• Working from home can be challenging to balance time/distractions (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

86 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great start for a sales career!

Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing company culture, they genuinely care about the whole team and encourage collaboration. There was also a good amount of training right after being hired and then weekly as well.

Cons

The sales organization has grown quickly in 2014, however, they still have not adjusted for a distribution of accounts with appropriate quotas to represent the amount of opportunity in each area.

Align quotas to represent the amount of awareness and business in a particular region. Quotas in the
    Bay area are easier to achieve than in say.... Kansas. A round robin of accounts may alleviate this disadvantage to newer reps.

Best Job I've Ever Had

Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Public Relations in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This company is truly doing something to make the world a better place and I'm honored to be contributing to the mission of helping people everywhere find jobs and companies they love.

Aside from all the awesome perks like a gym, catered lunch, unlimited vacation and the ability to bring my dog every day, I just love being at Glassdoor. I'm consistently in awe of the good ideas, smart people and a lovable culture we have here.

One program I'm particularly impressed with is the extensive leadership training everyone goes through. It teaches us how to successfully communicate with one another. I've implemented learnings from this training in to other elements of my life and it's tremendously valuable.

Cons

The performance review process is wanting. After a performance review, regardless of whether or not it was positive, I always feel worse about my job. Compensation and titles are also a problem, based on recent new hires I know I would have a higher salary and title if I were recruited here recently or to a different team.

There are two companies within Glassdoor: the B2C side (the darling) and the B2B side (the one with a bit of a rude culture problem).

Make sure that all members of the leadership team continue to respect the Glassdoor values. I believe this is the key to continuing to cultivate the tremendous culture we have here.

Truly incredible company - walks the talk..

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

As a new employee I can say I feel nothing but lucky to be a new part of this organization. Everything from the CEO to company culture and perks are nothing short of incredible. The platform exists to help people find companies and jobs that they love, that is very much the stance inside these walls. Robert has a very clear vision of how we can make positive impact and that passion is contagious across his organization.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one. Nothing but good people and processes thus far.

Keep. It. Up.

What an amazing place to work

Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Director in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I joined Glassdoor recently and I am so glad I did. Everything and everyone is awesome here. Very very smart and fun people to work with. They really know how to treat their employees. Lots of perks and benefits but you are expected to be great at your work which is awesome. Oh and wait, did I say that the location rocks!

Cons

I haven't seen any so far. I guess its very open environment so if you are sensitive to noise, this might be an issue for some.

Do more of the same....you have created something special :)

Fast paced company with exponential growth!

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales Representative in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Glassdoor has been doubling every year in employee size, number of clients, and revenue since I started back in 2012. It's exciting company and culture to a part of. With this amount of growth, there's a lot of opportunity to stand out as a leader if you're a top performer. This has lead to people taking advantage of great upward mobility and career growth.

Cons

If you're not self-motivated or resourceful enough to figure how to keep your head above water or get ahead, you could get lost in the shuffle. That being said, Glassdoor gives everyone more than a fair chance not only survive here, but take leaps and bounds.

Keep listening to your employees to shape your internal processes and employer products. Some the best ideas come from the field.

Very satisfying

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sausalito, CA

I worked at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good pay, good working conditions

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

right place at the right time.... the 5 stars are aligned

Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Sales in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (more than an year)

Pros

killer office in one of the most beautiful locations in the world (yes, if you live in the city, you have to drive over one of the 7 modern wonders of the world on your commute. Is that so bad for free lunch, gym, hiking trails, great people, great culture, and watching sea planes land while you work?).
    Meritocracy. Put in good, hard, smart work and you will be rewarded. Sales leadership has worked toward creating opportunities for career growth & financial success across all levels. Promotions happen often & there is a constant focus on learning and development. Constant collaboration among reps is a beautiful thing.
    Our mission is clear and we eat our own cooking. Everyone is focused on making Glassdoor the best place to help employers find the best talent and job seekers find jobs they love -- and we love where we work too.

Cons

Comp plans aren't always clear. With our growth plan, it can feel like there are hiring quotas. We're attracting amazing talent, but it seems some decisions are made in haste.
    Be ready for and open to change - all the time.
    Dogs in the office and an open floor plan can make for a crazy environment. A steep investment in noise canceling headphones is needed to maintain sanity on the sales floor (some of the dogs are awfully cute though).
    It would be nice to see some more promotions & females in management/leadership.

Lots of runway ahead. Living and breathing Glassdoor values will be crucial to maintaining culture through rapid growth. Be transparent, stay ethical and keep hiring incredibly talented people without egos. It might be time to think about an east coast office.

The best way to spend a summer

Current Employee - Content & Community in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Content & Community in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

- Meet new people
    - Great pay
    - Work/life balance very strong
    - Fun things to do during breaks
    - Ability to manage oneself
    - Free, healthy, & delicious lunches
    - Dog friendly environment

Cons

- Work could get a little tedious, but that happens at all internships
    - Nothing else bothered me

none

Great company and people!

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

So far working at Glassdoor has been a great experience! Coworkers are very friendly, office is great, strong management, all over a very positive experience.

Cons

No cons at this time but haven't been with the company that long...

Account Executive

Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Sausalito, CA

I have been working at Glassdoor full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I literally could not say enough praise about this company so far. Management truly knows what they are doing. They are encouraging to you as an individual and create an environment of collaboration amongst the team. Upper management has been able to find the perfect balance between a motivating and relaxed environment. All expectations are attainable, and also rooted in data.

Cons

I was initially apprehensive about the commute; but working in Sausalito has proven to be a refreshing, and easy break from the fast paced city. I can't imagine working in the Financial District ever again.

Keep doing what you're doing -- it's working!!!