GlaxoSmithKline

GlaxoSmithKline Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014

GlaxoSmithKline CEO Andrew Witty

Andrew Witty

Pros
  • The benefit package is pretty good and the work/life balance is pretty reasonable for pharma(in 39 reviews)

• Friendly environment good pay and benefits(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • like any pharma, very high pressure; tough to establish work-life balance(in 15 reviews)

• Lack of credibility of senior management(in 12 reviews)

gsk

Business Analyst (Current Employee) London, England (UK)

ProsFreindly, career progression, training, benefits, compensation

Consstressful, company values, work-life balance, leadership, competitive

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Excellent place to work at, positive environment, great family-work balance.

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Guatemala City (Guatemala)

ProsManagers ķept a positive attitude towards employees. Company uses several tools to keep personnel motivated. Training was an important part of their policies. Loved working there.

ConsIt was haRd to get promoted since people stayed for long periods of time. I really don't have anything bad to say about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up working as an inspirational group.

Exciting and interesting public policy work.

Legal Intern (Former Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsMy co-workers were cordial and intelligent, and the work was really interesting. I also had a good variety of work to do. I felt like my contributions made a difference.

ConsNone really. The coffee in the break room wasn't always good, but there was a Starbucks kiosk on site.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

medical representative

Medical Representative (Current Employee) Cairo (Egypt)

Prosnumber 1 company in egypt , ethical policies , team work , stability , the est training course , promotions

Consstressful condition to be always in the lead make u always more tough .

Advice to Senior Managementmore social work & incentive policy in Egypt must e reviewed

Great place to work overall

ProsGreat people and great science, lots of passion

ConsIt is a big company so sometimes it might be a challenge to get things done; Salaries are not the best when compared with competition

Advice to Senior Managementnone

Creative and Innovative

HRA (Former Employee)

ProsGreat package, trusted by management and opportunities. Given room to develop and grow, great links with other sites across the company.

ConsThe local culture could be overwhelming on occasion, they were the largest employer in a small town with long serving staff, who had been through a lot of change in a short period.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave more open discussions with the team, discuss one-to-one performance.

Great people...great compamy

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) Research Triangle Park, NC

ProsWonderful smart people to work with, good benefits and bonus opportunities. Lots of development opportunities, project work and empowerment. Dynamic and personable CEO, Andrew Witty.

Consconstant reorganizations and restructures, promotional opportunites have become fewer

Advice to Senior Managementincrease annual salary budget, look hard at increasing resourcing in some areas, like HR and repersonalize HR for employees

Great culture!

Analyst (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsCulture is great! Values of company are ones that you can really feel good about!

ConsTakes way too long to get promoted and jobs are competitive.

Advice to Senior ManagementFind better ways to reward and promote your people!

My experience at GSK was wonderful!

Pharmaceuticals Sales Representative (Former Employee) Saint Petersburg, FL

ProsExcellent training, great team members, company culture (focused on the patient) and a fun challenge !

ConsMy contract was only for three years. I was sorry to go.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing !

I love working here

Director (Current Employee) Cary, NC

ProsGreat healthcare plan, fun team-building outings, great pay, good amount of paid vacation days, and a wonderful bonus every year.

ConsSometimes coworkers gossip, spread rumors, etc. but that is expected in every workplace.

Worked for GlaxoSmithKline? Contribute to the Community!