Glazer's Reviews

105 reviews filtered by
2.9
Glazer's President & CEO Shelly Stein
Shelly Stein

Pros
  • Good benefits, family company but professionally run (in 8 reviews)

• Despite how hard Glazers tries to suck the fun out of it, it is a fun industry (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Getting into upper management is incredibly difficult (in 11 reviews)

• Work/life balance a struggle at times (in 6 reviews)

1. Business Marketing Analyst

I have been working at Glazer's full-time

Pros

Fun people. Laid back atmosphere. Not clock-watchers. Provide good feedback

Cons

Limited Career Opportunities (Small office)

Advice to Management

n/a

2. Sales rep

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A Good place to work

Cons

It has Varying hours to work

3. sales rep

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Little Rock, AR

I worked at Glazer's

Pros

freedom to finish projects on your own without micromanaging. Almost setting your own schedule so you can finish projects on your own time.

Cons

pay and hours are big cons. The hours are awfu. You have your own time to schedule and finish things, but their are so many things to finish that it doesnt even matter.

Advice to Management

Spread things out a little more among different reps, as opposed to piling on to just a few. Equal work for all workers and reps is key.

5. The people are Great! The pay is not

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The management and my counterparts are really Awesome. They ALWAYS go above and beyond what they need to do to help with a sale or a placement etc.

Cons

The pay isnt what it should be for someone who sold over a certain dollar amount which basically ended up being 3%
    Just my 2cents

Advice to Management

Your division and my division are Glazers - Stop pitting other divisions against each other - other companies are sitting back and laughing about it and it's bad for moral - focus on the actual competition not making strife within your own yard

6. Was good company now it's bad

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at Glazer's

Pros

Fun product. Who doesn't like wine? Coworkers are usually younger fun to be around

Cons

You have to ride around with a gps in your car while they track you like you are on parole

Advice to Management

Be the Glazers circa 2006-2007. Profitable better commissions structure. Better than Republic

7. Ok people, trite company

Former Employee - Off Premise Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Off Premise Sales Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Glazer's

Pros

They people I got work alongside were great and talented people. Cool field to work in general.

Cons

The idea of being grouped in teams is a joke. You see each other MAYBE twice a month, other than that everything is as planned by a manager who usually doesn't care what you do so long as your close to quota at the end of the month. Nor do they allow for time off at all in the busiest part of the year, Oct-Dec, despite those holidays being the most traveled for and hearing the company constantly say "be sure to go home and spend as much time as you can with friends and family"
    The amount of work for the amount of pay could be much better, not to mention finding a better work atmosphere would be easy too.

Disappointing IT Environment

Current Employee - IT Staff in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Staff in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Glazer's full-time

Pros

I enjoy all the people I work with. Really good work atmosphere and knowledgeable team. Good location in North Dallas.

Cons

Upper management has no experience managing an IT department and does not understand what it takes to run an IT department. This does not mean upper management is stupid. On the contrary - they are very intelligent people. They just lack experience managing IT.
    Lower IT management is living in the past and is afraid of change. Where they should be embracing newer technology, they instead purchase products that just get the company by. The network infrastructure is old and outdated. Just touching a cable can cause a system to lose network connectivity. Frequently, servers lose network connectivity for no reason. Although management knows this problem exists, they have done nothing to correct it.
    Glazer's is a multi-billion dollar company, yet they will not spend the money necessary to acquire the correct equipment to bring them into this century. Lower IT management is reluctant to ask upper management for the money to purchase the proper equipment. In fact, there is no IT budget.
    Because the network is in such bad shape and the equipment is so outdated, Glazer's is unable to keep an experienced technical staff. Their IT department has a high turnover rate. By the time this is posted I will have resigned. It is unfortunate. I like the people I work with. The problem is that it is impossible for me to do my job because of the outdated equipment and network issues.
    I have 25+ years of IT experience and I'm sorry to say that Glazer's does not have a clue how to run a successful IT infrastructure or maintain an experienced IT staff.

Advice to Management

I would normally give advise. However, from my experience I know it would go in one ear and out the other ear with the managers at Glazer's..

9. They are a great company who care about their people.

I have been working at Glazer's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun culture & great people

Cons

Can be a bit disorganized

10. Fabulous

I worked at Glazer's

Pros

Short sprint but the best in the area and want you to succeed anywhere

Cons

Easy to hire but hard to move around with other position openings. Maybe teach all tasks more in cross training modes.

Advice to Management

Great team environment

11. Not a great place to work

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cedar Rapids, IA

I worked at Glazer's full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Lots of interaction with a lot of great people in the off-premise and on-premise sector. A good training program for learning about the world of beverages.

Cons

Bad management at the top. Expected to work countless hours for less and less every year and being given goals that were becoming a joke to hit.

Advice to Management

The problem comes from straight from the top in Dallas, things wont change as long as business stays decent for them.
    The last two presidents for the state of Iowa were possibly the worst people to have in charge of anything as customers despised seeing them come in the door.