Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Very warm environment

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

The staff is very friendly and there is a unity seen between disciplines not seen in most hospitals. The RNs are respectful of the NAs and vice versa, and there is excellent communication between staff members. As a nursing student, I felt very welcomed by all members of the unit (the charge nurse, the manager, even the director). Great teaching hospital! Nursing staff is very well-educated.

Cons

Working with a nurse who didn't want to work with a student was often challenging, as it is with any hospital.

Staff RN Med/Surg

Current Employee - Staff RN  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with; Many opportunities to learn. Great for new grads.

Cons

Low pay; High acuity patients. At times minimal support staff or none.

Salary needs to be higher

Nutrition Assistant

Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant  in  Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center part-time for more than a year

Pros

gain a lot of experience in customer service, data entry, coordination skills. The hospital was always busy and learn to adapt very quickly to the life style. It was a good experience and opportunity volunteering there.

Cons

I can't really say anything bad because everyone was so kind. I enjoyed volunteering there very much.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Watch Your Back / CYA / Work Hard

Former Employee - Hospital Patient Transporter  in  Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Hospital Patient Transporter in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice place to work. For the most part, a caring professional staff. Could be a great hospital.
    A good place to Volunteer or do Internship.

Cons

Patient Transport Management fosters fear and mistrust. Makes
    working at GAMC more difficult, when Management has no clue what PT Transporters
    contend with. Bad leadership is rewarded.

Cliques and ethnic background stereotypes.

Former Employee - Student Nurse  in  Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Student Nurse in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very good at what they do. Patient centered care and diagnosis specific floors. The food in the cafeteria is very good, too.

Cons

If you are not Armenian and you are trying to get a job against someone who is Armenian or speaks Armenian they win, hands down despite if you are more qualified.

Supportive work environment with excellent co-workers

Former Employee - Administrative Director  in  Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Administrative Director in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Diverse work experience for nurses available in many clinical settings; supportive management; family-like relationships.

Cons

Compensation is known to be low compared to other hospitals within the Los Angeles area.
    Seniority does not gain any extra privileges.

Need to focus more on quality and the long term rather than on immediate costs.

Management is completely incompetent. Working within the Admitting department was the worst experience ever.

Former Employee - Emergency Room Admitting  in  Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Emergency Room Admitting in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

The one pro this place had was that we had 12 hour shifts while working in the Emergency Room. Therefore, you would only have to work 3 days a week.

Cons

The business management sector of this hospital lacked professionalism, was untrustworthy, and had no appreciation or respect for their employees. Only those who were either close friends or relatives of those in management were considered for open positions/ promotions.

My advice to the management at GAMC is to start rewarding those who deserve it. I would advise them to stop with all the typical office politics- start looking at merritt, knowledge, and experience for considering future candidates/ and for future promotions. I would also advise them to create some type of internal growth opportunities for their current employees, so that it keeps the morale high, and keeps their employees satisfied.

A Hospital that Cares

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center full-time

Pros

The hospital is a Adventist based company, but are very respectful of other's beliefs. Faith based opportunities are available, but in no way are they mandated. It makes for a very pleasant work environment.

Cons

The speed at which decisions are made can be very slow.

Continue to be open to the changes that are coming with Healthcare Reform and problem solve how best to keep the most individuals employed.

Worked for Glendale Adventist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!