Glendale Adventist Medical Center

good

Current Employee - Phlebotomy in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Phlebotomy in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Good place to work with

Cons

they have hvae no cons

N/A

A great place to work with great people!

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

There is many wonderful people working for this organization and the the mission of the hospital is positive.

Cons

Many changes in senior management over the past few years.

Too little pay .. Equals positions that are still posted..

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

Ive heard its a great place to work from former employees.. Not the Adventist group but Glendale hospital itself...Staff at interview were awesome great group of people felt at home would have loved to be part of their team!!

Cons

Pay is horrible!! I was offered the position in the interview which im not sure was a good or bad thing since position is still posted after 8 months... i turned the job down due to the pay it was 6$ less than i make an hour and they were unwilling to negotiate at all!! Even the per diem pay that is usually a good 5$ more an hour was 1$ more than i make! They must compensate those with experience! My knowledge is worth much more than the pennies they offered...And i just couldnt settle for nothing! Especially when i have a job that pays to your years of experience.. I understand they are a non profit so they pay less but this is LA county the pay should be more competitive..especially since their insurance is Blue Cross which is not cheap and usually costs 150+ a month out of your pocket..
     This might explain why the position is still posted!! almost 8 months later... They really lost the opportunity to have a great employee work for them.. I was hired at another facility immediately after than was willing to negotiate pay and i still have my former job...

You need to fight for new employee with finance dept and compensation ... If you really want someone with the years of experience like i have you MUST pay them what they are worth and negotiate a workable wage... Or you will be end up in this situation like you are now with the position still unfilled...

Nothing to say bad

Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Surgical Tech in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good, they carried me on to future my education my education is the Operating room as a tech and the staff is very Nice.

Cons

Nothing bad to say about

Great experience

Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Physical Therapy Aide in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Management cares about each employee. They live up to their motto. On top of treating patients to the top standard, the staff you work with ends up becoming like family.

Cons

No cons to speak of

Continue to do a great job

Very warm environment

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center

Pros

The staff is very friendly and there is a unity seen between disciplines not seen in most hospitals. The RNs are respectful of the NAs and vice versa, and there is excellent communication between staff members. As a nursing student, I felt very welcomed by all members of the unit (the charge nurse, the manager, even the director). Great teaching hospital! Nursing staff is very well-educated.

Cons

Working with a nurse who didn't want to work with a student was often challenging, as it is with any hospital.

Staff RN Med/Surg

Current Employee - Staff RN in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with; Many opportunities to learn. Great for new grads.

Cons

Low pay; High acuity patients. At times minimal support staff or none.

Salary needs to be higher

Nutrition Assistant

Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant in Glendale, CA
    Current Employee - Nutrition Assistant in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Glendale Adventist Medical Center part-time (more than an year)

Pros

gain a lot of experience in customer service, data entry, coordination skills. The hospital was always busy and learn to adapt very quickly to the life style. It was a good experience and opportunity volunteering there.

Cons

I can't really say anything bad because everyone was so kind. I enjoyed volunteering there very much.

Watch Your Back / CYA / Work Hard

Former Employee - Hospital Patient Transporter in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Hospital Patient Transporter in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice place to work. For the most part, a caring professional staff. Could be a great hospital.
    A good place to Volunteer or do Internship.

Cons

Patient Transport Management fosters fear and mistrust. Makes
    working at GAMC more difficult, when Management has no clue what PT Transporters
    contend with. Bad leadership is rewarded.

Cliques and ethnic background stereotypes.

Former Employee - Student Nurse in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Student Nurse in Glendale, CA

I worked at Glendale Adventist Medical Center as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Very good at what they do. Patient centered care and diagnosis specific floors. The food in the cafeteria is very good, too.

Cons

If you are not Armenian and you are trying to get a job against someone who is Armenian or speaks Armenian they win, hands down despite if you are more qualified.