Glendale Community College (Arizona)

www.gccaz.edu
  www.gccaz.edu

Glendale Community College (Arizona) Reviews

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
4.3

Dr. Irene Kovala
1 Rating

Great place to do work-study

I have been working at Glendale Community College (Arizona)

Pros

Co-workers treat you with respect

Cons

temporary under 20 hours positions only

A very progressive and experienced employer that is great to employees and students.

I worked at Glendale Community College (Arizona) as a contractor

Pros

Amazing teamwork at the upper management level and core principles of ethics and integrity are truly modeled by all employees.

Cons

After working over seven years here, I can honestly state that there are no cons and it was a blessing to work with the college.

Excellent place to work; love working with the administrative personnel and students.

I have been working at Glendale Community College (Arizona) (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pleasant work environment and everyone is very friendly to work with.

Cons

It's difficult to get full-time employment; temporary employment easier for getting foot in the door to demonstrate your skills.

Promote your temporary employees who have been loyal and hard workers to full-time positions.

Good work environment, with friendly folks

I worked at Glendale Community College (Arizona) part-time (more than an year)

Pros

The college has a great campus with friendly employees. I enjoyed coming to work everyday, I liked it there so much, and I can't say that about many jobs. The campus is lovely, lots of plants and places to explore during breaks.The work-life balance is good, the hours are predictable, which allows one to have a life.

Cons

Sometimes dealing with some students can get a bit tedious, it is a community college. There seems to be a divide between the administration, faculty, and staff as if they're each working independently.

Gelndale Community College is one of the best, multicultural affairs were knowledgeable, ethical and very honest.

Former Employee - Student Assistant in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Student Assistant in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Glendale Community College (Arizona) part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You meet different people from different parts of the world get the experience on how to work with them
    if you like to provide resources, and like to communicate in a professional setting with international students, and have the patience to work with them you will enjoy it as I did, it is a once in a life time opportunity. since you go in they greet you and make you feel welcomed.

Cons

It is a temporary job mostly available to federal work study students
    there isn't any cons.

always be ethical in what you do. the supervisors in there are really amazing people and their legacy has always been a sincere one.

Best group of people to work with

I have been working at Glendale Community College (Arizona) full-time

Pros

Understanding, flexible, many opportunities for professional growth

Cons

Constant changes that district makes

Offer OYO's and OSO's more opportunities

Great working environment

Current Employee - Faculty in Glendale, AZ
    Current Employee - Faculty in Glendale, AZ

I have been working at Glendale Community College (Arizona) part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Many people on this campus are truly amazing and dedicated to the success of the students who attend this college.

Cons

I have been at GCC for more than five years and I do not think there is a con. Employees (faculty, staff, students admins) are terrific and the students are amazing!

Run away, run away!

Former Employee - Professor in Glendale, AZ
    Former Employee - Professor in Glendale, AZ

I worked at Glendale Community College (Arizona)

Pros

-It's a good-looking campus with no shortage of students..they will have lots of money coming in for years to come!
    -Employee perks, such as a massage every semester and free use of the campus pool and fitness facilities, are great for professors who don't have time to do much of that off-campus.
    -Good athletic program, and athletes are required to attend class regularly and participate in campus activities.
    -Lots of remodeling going on -- many updated facilities for classrooms, offices, student services, etc.
    -Option to teach at GCC North, a satellite campus with impressive amenities (for a satellite campus!)
    -Good advisors for students

Cons

-Rampant mismanagement of funds
    -Poor feedback
    -Uneducated decisions made with regards to hiring, faculty retention, etc.
    -Technological services are a bunch of lackeys -- they talk a big game about improving tech support, but rarely follow through.
    -Faculty support nonexistent. After orientation in the first few weeks, you rarely, if ever, are given any support from senior faculty or administration.
    -Instability with budgets. Money is frequently given, then taken away, in many departments.
    -Students lack basic skills. A psychology professor doubles as an English professor because many students do not know how to write a basic sentence, much less put together a research paper.

Hire people who know what they're doing, please!

While attending GCC, I had a blast, and learned more than i thought i might.

I have been working at Glendale Community College (Arizona) as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Many people, new friends and experiences.

Cons

Lots of contact with student.

NA

Love Teaching

I worked at Glendale Community College (Arizona)

Pros

This is a great place to teach.

Cons

If you love to teach you will love working here.

Feedback to teachers is key.

Glendale Community College (Arizona) Photos

Glendale Community College Life Sciences Building
Glendale Community College Biotechnology Lab
Glendale Community College Marquee - DNA Day!

+ Add Photo