Glendive Medical Center

www.gmc.org

Glendive Medical Center Reviews

Updated Jul 3, 2014
Glendive Medical Center – Glendive – “Glendive Medical Center”

Glendive Medical Center – Glendive – “Glendive Medical Center”

Scott A. Duke

Clinical Dietitian I

Clinical Dietitian (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsGreat entry level job with a vast variety of setting, including hospice, outpatient, inpatient and acute care, extended care facilities, WIC consulting, and 3 other nursing homes consulting.

ConsSmall, boring down with nothing to do, expensive cost of living due to the oil boom, food is expensive.

Advice to Senior ManagementUse this position to get a wide variety of experiences in the field of clinical dietetics and you will learn a great deal about the nutrition field here!

extremely poor customer service from OB receptionist -taking our $ elsewhere

Prosour last baby was born there and we had a great experience, and loved Dr. Long. we miss him!! You know the administration is bad when they lose a great doc like that to another hospital.

ConsI don't wrk there, just tried going there for prenatal care. very rude receptionist. very pushy, demanding I do certain tests before she would schedule me to see doc. we just wanted to meet him and see if we wanted to go there for the delivery etc. they also don't allow children? at visits? strange. guess its a new policy.
    but im not willing to give up my beliefs and rights to what test I take and when just to receive care locally. we will drive the extra hour to go Miles city

Advice to Senior Managementfire a receptionist who yells at paying patients, after all the numerous complaints

Corruption is rampant at all levels...

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsDecent pay for the area. I enjoy serving the community.

ConsI've never worked at such a cut throat place. Employees aren't promoted based on merit, but loyalty. If you pass the "tests" then you're rewarded. If you stand up for what you believe is right, you are silenced. Benefits have been drastically cut and instead of admitting that they're making cost saving decisions, they try to make it sound as if they were making some kind of sacrifice to begin with, or staff was taking advantage. I had an issue where I was dealing with verbal abuse so I went to HR to file a complaint. Instead of sympathizong, they made excuses for the individual.

Advice to Senior ManagementMove on. It's time to clean house and get people with the right knowledge and skill involved.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A real asset

ACH-AR Liaison (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsGreat work/life balance. Supportive team members and management. A defined career path. Competitive pay. I look forward to coming to work everyday. This job continues to challenge me and allow me to grow both personally and professionally.

ConsPeople not paying their bills who have satellite TV, iPads, Cellphones, and new cars but then claim they can't afford their bill. Some community members do not appreciate all the great services we offer and all the jobs that GMC provides. I recommend they move to somewhere like Crow Agency, maybe then they will realize how good they have it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep write-offs to those who really need them, hire PIs to look into people who claim they can not pay.Do not succumb the to pressure of a few people on the internet or in the local paper.

Bleak future looms

Administrative (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsThe staff care tremendously about the patients.

ConsHR doesn't look out for employees. If you have questions or issues your on your own. HR retaliates when you complain. Jobs aren't opened like policy dictates. Some are given preferential treatment.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need a skilled and knowledgeable HR team with the right background and education that care about staff,and setting an example. People at least expect them to follow the rules everyone else has to, right?

This place is horrible to work for......

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsNice community with friendly good hearted people.

ConsThis company is scarey to work for. Now they are talking about lay offs.So many doctors have left because they can not get along with the CEO. They sent demand bills out and if people could not pay their bill at once they were sent to collections. Now people go elsewhere for fear of being turned into collections. The CEO is very controlling and the VP's and board do what he wants out of fear. The facility has no patients so now the staff get layed off. Why not lay off the CEO and VP's. The place would run better without them. The facilities has had some good managers but over time they leave to just like the doctors. It is all about the money in this place. The company is in finacial trouble.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO, Board and VP's need to leave.

My experience with Glendive Medical Center...hostile work enviroment.

I Am Scared to Say As They May Figure Out Who I Am (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsThe community of Glendive is wonderful and health care is a needed component.

ConsMuch of the top management lack leadership skills. They do not care about patients or employees well being. Employees know they can not openly say anything for fear of being fired or punished. The work enviroment is often hostile as a result of control issues from upper management. The CEO does not get along well with the doctors and many popular doctors have left as a result causing uproar in the community. Education is frowned upon in advanced leadership as many of the VPs only have associate and high school education levels. Staff are over worked and when people leave positions are often combined and workloads are increased. The company has serious financial issues and costs are cut anyway possible even at the expense of patient care. Equipment is not replaced and is used in poor working condition. Beware of this company as it is a difficult place to work. Senior managment will say one thing and do another and control over employees is oppressive. Senior management thinks Billings Clinic will fix all the problems. Nothing against Billings Clinic but they can not fix the mess.

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company has serious issues resulting from poor planning, implementing and judgement from a senior team of management that lacks education and basic understanding of leadership. The board members do not listen to the community they live in and our suppost to serve. In order for this company come back into favor of the community and its employees, senior management as well as the board members will need to leave.

The Employees Need Representation

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits. Nice facilities and updated equipment helps you do your job well. The employees are great to work with.

ConsHR staff is inexperienced to say the least and NOT an advocate for the employees. We need strong leadership and someone who is willing to stand up for the staffs rights and not just do what leadership wants.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need a strong and experienced HR department that knows their role. This would greatly improve employee satisfaction and reduce some of our turnover.

I'll be fired if they find out I posted

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsGood co-workers who really care about providing quality patient care; I don't have far to commute. Patients are generally appreciative for the care and realize we aren't the incompetent ones.

ConsDoctors who are incompetent and refuse to listen to patient/staff concerns; Upper management is totally out of touch with community's well-founded concerns about the quality of care.

Advice to Senior ManagementCEO, CFO and all the vice-presidents should resign. Get some Board of Directors that will hold people accountable to doing their jobs.

I wish there was another option

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Glendive, MT

ProsEasy commute; trying to help friends and neighbors get good health care; you learn which doctors are competent and safe to see

ConsIncompetent administration; retribution when obvious errors in judgement are pointed out; not given tools or information to the job correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdmin council needs to grow a backbone and tell the CEO the truth about his mistakes; CEO is now longer effective (if he ever was) and should resign.

Worked for Glendive Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!