Glenmount Global Solutions

Glenmount Global Solutions Reviews

2.1

Mike Johnson
1 Rating

GGS provided a good opportunity

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Glenmount was a good opportunity for me - I worked hard and succeeded while there. I had flexibility, and was paid fairly. I was able to travel somewhat to pursue project opportunities. I generally had the administrative support I needed.

Cons

There were sometimes issues having enough technical resources to complete the work sold. I can't speak too much to the current environment as I believe much has changed since I was there.

Three Great Companies Combined Makes For A Complete Disaster.

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The individual companies that were merged together to form GGS were excellent companies. Telecommuting flexibility.

Cons

The individual companies should have not given in to the temptation of expanding beyond its means. Carousel of new management has continued to display incompetence and muddled vision and ultimately forced many talented associates to leave.

Get your vision aligned. Stop thinking behind closed and begin listening to the people that wants to help restore the company to health.

Very bad place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The only pros existed before Glenmount Global Solutions purchased Crown ESA. Crown was an awesome company to work for. Glenmount was a total 180 from the old Crown. Employees didn't count anymore. Crown was a big family. Glenmount made it disfunctional.

Cons

Two cons: AN engineering manager with an MBA that only worries about his image to the corporation AND a COO with bllinders on who should have got rid of the character many months ago. Many old Crown customers have very little good to say about Glenmount.

Take off the blinders and pay attention to people who try their best to do a good job. Pay attention to customers. New and old.

No job security for newer employees, many axed year after hire

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions

Pros

Excellent benefits: 2 weeks vacation (plus floating holidays), bonus pay, being able to work from home.

Cons

No job security, all victims of layoffs were hired the year before

Lay yourselves off instead of subjecting others to something you're not willing to do yourselves!

Not what I signed up for

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of very good engineers - some very capable, smart people here

Cons

Used to be based on integrity and doing the right thing, speaking straight - not any more. No security, no feeling of belonging to a greater organization. A culture of demands and intimidation.

Get back to a core business, and stop trying to be all things. Too many managers, VPs, directors, not enough people to actually do the work. If you don't get back to a standardized, communicated procedural model, the company will ultimately fail. Stop understaffing projects.

GGS, an Outstanding Professional Services Organization

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

One of the largest Professional Service firms providing solutions in Energy, Automation and Information Services. Well Managed!!!!

Cons

Going through Growing Pains and will need some time to get through them. They will though

Combine your Business Development team. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.