Glenmount Global Solutions

7 reviews filtered by
2.6
Ralph Carter

1. Featured Review

Small Organization that is stable and focused on delivery to customer satisfaction

Current Employee - Director Project Development Engineering in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director Project Development Engineering in Irving, TX

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My job is like others, demanding, challenging and never the same thing from day to day. I manage the technical proposals and estimating efforts of our proposals to customers. Supporting the BDM team is a great place to see all the different projects we perform. The team is here to help each other and I lead off my day with how can I help my team. My leadership team is a good team. They have focus and share this focus with everyone. My work is pretty independent but my boss knows what I am doing from the results of supporting the BDM team. He knows that I have it under control from the feedback of the BDM team. In my three years, I have enjoyed my job tremendously. It is the team, the diversity of the projects we propose and execute, managing the dollars of the proposal and reporting the margins and performance characteristics of the project estimation.

I would highly recommend Glenmount Global Solutions as an employer. Being in a smaller organization, you are not a number or asset. You will increase your skill set due to the wide variety of work we perform. At times, you must do what it takes to get the job done. This is what sets us apart from the average. Good Skills, Accountability, Reliability and Integrity makes this team stand tall in our business space.

Cons

I can't think of any con's that relate to my level of effort or responsibilities. Since we are a regionally clustered and national supporting company, communication can have a delay at times. Yet, we make it happen!

Advice to Management

Keep staying on focus.. Support the team.. Never forget to ask what can you do to help others. During a recent meeting we discussed Spot Awards to GGS Members that are working in the field at a clients location that through their relationship with the customer bring forth a new project opportunity. We need to provide this recognition to our associates helping GGS grow.

2. GGS provided a good opportunity

Former Employee - Business Development Manager
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Glenmount was a good opportunity for me - I worked hard and succeeded while there. I had flexibility, and was paid fairly. I was able to travel somewhat to pursue project opportunities. I generally had the administrative support I needed.

Cons

There were sometimes issues having enough technical resources to complete the work sold. I can't speak too much to the current environment as I believe much has changed since I was there.

Three Great Companies Combined Makes For A Complete Disaster.

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The individual companies that were merged together to form GGS were excellent companies. Telecommuting flexibility.

Cons

The individual companies should have not given in to the temptation of expanding beyond its means. Carousel of new management has continued to display incompetence and muddled vision and ultimately forced many talented associates to leave.

Advice to Management

Get your vision aligned. Stop thinking behind closed and begin listening to the people that wants to help restore the company to health.

Very bad place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portage, IN

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time

Pros

The only pros existed before Glenmount Global Solutions purchased Crown ESA. Crown was an awesome company to work for. Glenmount was a total 180 from the old Crown. Employees didn't count anymore. Crown was a big family. Glenmount made it disfunctional.

Cons

Two cons: AN engineering manager with an MBA that only worries about his image to the corporation AND a COO with bllinders on who should have got rid of the character many months ago. Many old Crown customers have very little good to say about Glenmount.

Advice to Management

Take off the blinders and pay attention to people who try their best to do a good job. Pay attention to customers. New and old.

No job security for newer employees, many axed year after hire

I worked at Glenmount Global Solutions

Pros

Excellent benefits: 2 weeks vacation (plus floating holidays), bonus pay, being able to work from home.

Cons

No job security, all victims of layoffs were hired the year before

Advice to Management

Lay yourselves off instead of subjecting others to something you're not willing to do yourselves!

Not what I signed up for

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of very good engineers - some very capable, smart people here

Cons

Used to be based on integrity and doing the right thing, speaking straight - not any more. No security, no feeling of belonging to a greater organization. A culture of demands and intimidation.

Advice to Management

Get back to a core business, and stop trying to be all things. Too many managers, VPs, directors, not enough people to actually do the work. If you don't get back to a standardized, communicated procedural model, the company will ultimately fail. Stop understaffing projects.

8. GGS, an Outstanding Professional Services Organization

Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Glenmount Global Solutions full-time (more than a year)

Pros

One of the largest Professional Service firms providing solutions in Energy, Automation and Information Services. Well Managed!!!!

Cons

Going through Growing Pains and will need some time to get through them. They will though

Advice to Management

Combine your Business Development team. Too many chiefs and not enough indians.