Glens Falls Hospital

Updated Apr 29, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great learning Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHospital truly cares about community.

ConsUnderstaffed for mission and going through reorganization.

Overall good experience with ups and downs along the way

Clinical Support Analyst (Current Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsFlexible, Convenient, Good learnign experience for new starting employee. Small town Hospital feel.

ConsSalary range for position is not on par with other major organizations.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the staff you have and compensate accordingly. The work expected of the small team is great compared to other comparable institutions resources for the same build prospective. Without some re evaluation and soon continued losses seem eminent to the IT team.

downward spiral recent layoffs

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Wilton, NY

Proscoworkers are supportive. large campus

Consno advancement. no job security

Advice to Senior Managementlisten to staff. attempt to fix changes problems to keep staff happy

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Poor work environment

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)

ProsGood coworkers and good experience

ConsPoor morale, too many patients to staff ratio, no support from management

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who are actually on the floor working before changing our work environment. Disgruntled employees equals poor work quality.

Worked there for more than more than 20 years as a department manager.

Department Head (Former Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsWas a highly respected, well managed 410 bed community hospital.

ConsOver the most recent 4-5 years they seem to have lost their way and forgotten what it was that made them highly respected to begin with.........their employees !

Advice to Senior ManagementMost well run organizations these days are a mixture of experienced and newer hired employees. Not a high percentage of one or the other type employee.

Not satisfied with the direction management is steering the organization

Glens Falls, NY

ProsGreat coworkers. Good pharmacy discount. Employee discount for copays based on employment status

ConsPoor morale. No sense that upper management views you as more than replaceable......a warm body. No job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementAn employee that feels valued will perform better. Obtaining a "status" isn't more important than caring for patients and the community. Isn't that a hospital's primary purpose?

It was a short but wonderful experience. I learned a great deal in a short period.

Lab Specimen Processing Tech (Former Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsGlens Falls Hospital is one of the few hospitals I know that is willing to give people with little to no experience a chance to learn. I was one of those cases. It was a great environment, everyone was friendly and people actually cared.

ConsThere were some days with a lot of downtime and then other days where the work would not stop. Workload is not consistent. There's also a lot of miscommunication between upper management and workers as to how things are supposed to be done.

RN

Registered Nurse (Former Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsI loved the people, Good benefits

ConsToo many patient's per nurses. Eliminated LPN. Pay rate needs to be higher

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to the one working with the patients

Toxic

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsCompetitive pay. Great staff to work with.

ConsPoor senior team communication & leadership

Just part of the team

Cog In the Wheel (Current Employee)
    Glens Falls, NY

ProsThe best reasons to work here are the team with which one is directly involved. Everyone wants to work hard and is dedicated to helping take care of our patients in the best way possible. If allowed to do what we do best, and with truly visionary leadership at the helm to manage the workings of the the system, we could really be a fine institution.

ConsThe resources of this, like so many organizations, are diverted to the top management salaries and "administration" costs instead of where they would be best invested- in the investment of the services which result in income or which are involved with patient safety. Managment then must cut out the essential services for performance excellence and growth in order to fix the bottom line instead of looking at the long term investment picture and listening to unit managment about what is needed to run departments effectively with growth, safety, and job satisfaction in mind.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe best leaders are those that value their employees and realize that their employees are the most valuable commodity their company possesses. The best leaders are those that can roll up their sleeves and do as well as ask others to do what it takes to get the job done. It is very easy to joyfully follow a leader who has those qualities.

Worked for Glens Falls Hospital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Glens Falls Hospital reviews and ratings. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Glens Falls Hospital employees.