Glidewell Laboratories

Room for Growth

Current Employee - Junior Scrum Master in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Junior Scrum Master in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I love that this company is vertically integrated! I started the company as an HR Administrative Assistant. Since then, was given the opportunity to learn payroll, operations, and now I'll be learning how to use data analytic tools. The learning is endless, as long as you work hard. All the managers I've had have been supportive and never stifled my learning.

The company is driven and innovative and most of all, unlike a lot of company, the executives are really humble and take the time to get to know you. Although this company is pretty big, you really become part of the Glidewell family.

Cons

Parking is a bit far for the newer employees, but they are working on it.

Great Company, Great Environment and Great People

Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This Company takes pride in taking care of their employees. They create events throughout the year for us to partake in. The people working here are always happy and that is very unusual for such a large Company.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

Allow for more personal growth by sending employees to seminars in a particular area of growth needed or to help them do their job more efficiently.

Great company! Been here 9 years and counting!

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Glidewell treats their employees like family. They are always planning company picnics, holiday parties, bbq's for employees. Considerate of work-life balance and needing time off for kids or family emergencies. Always promote within first before looking to the outside to hire. We have our own Glidwell health center with a medical doctor, nurses, acupuncturist and massage therapist. We also have an onsite gym, meditation room, cafeteria and game rooms. Medical benefits are extremely cheap and affordable.

Cons

The holiday and vacation time could be better. We only get two weeks of paid vacation time off. Seniority with vacation does not apply. The Glidewell University LEAD program is not open to everyone only managers and supervisors. Should consider program for others wanting to grow.

The Human Resources Department is so helpful. They always go out of their way to help employees

Great place for entry-level employees to move up with hard work

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits- subsidized cafeteria, on-site health clinic with masseuse and acupuncturist, gym that offers daily classes, flexible hours for some job positions, paid educational/leadership training

Flexible career movement- human resources makes a good effort to transfer employees within the company to different positions/departments if they are unhappy with their position

Cons

Low pay, minimal PTO, difficult to advance into higher level positions without seniority

Recognize and reward employees based on skill and work ethic, rather than cronyism

Great Company, Great People

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are really looked after. Company encourages promotion from within. Employees can seek out opportunities in other parts of the organization. Because the company is vertically integrated it means there are a wealth of opportunities available. Developed an extensive management and leadership training program to assist those making the leap to management.

Cons

Benefits could be much better.Need better long term strategic planning.

Management should be son the same page when determining direction and company goals.

Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture that is family centered. Good pay, great support from management, and lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Gossip is very regular hear. I always did my job and stayed away from stuff like that so I wasn't affected by it very much but it would probably be biggest con here. other than that its great.

There are some people in management that should be fired and not protected. Like the manager that only hires attractive women.

Underpaid, Benefits are substandard and the HR department has a high turnover rate.

Current Employee - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The work is easy and boring. Anyone can do it. Only will recommend this for a first job out of college or it may be a good job if you didn't go to college and don't plan on doing so.

Cons

If you are a working mom or have a family - this job is not for you. There is very little if any work/life balance. Minimum paid holidays, you'll end up using the 2 weeks you have to take off the days your child has off from school. You don't even get Christmas Eve off as a paid holiday. Even if you worked for the company 20 years and are a manager you still only get 2 weeks off. Absolutely no career advancement for anyone other than lab technicians. Unless you plan on waiting 20 years to get a promotion...

Listen to employees who have a need to change or alter shift times, and don't worry so much about production. Your employees will be happier, instead of feeling like a production robot.

The Best of the Best work here!

Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The best of the best work here!
    Honored to work side-by-side with individuals and leaders who motivate, guide, and mentor talented people.
    Industry-leading thinkers!
    Lots of opportunity to grow!
    Family-style work environment
    Free donughts on Fridays!
    Lots of employee perks: employees appreciation breakfast, Halloween party, Knott's Berry Farm day, etc.

Cons

Lots of projects and not enough time (not uncommon).
    Not a lot of holidays (24/7 production doesn't run by itself, people need to be here).

Keep up the good work!

not sure

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time

Pros

work load is not so bad def. doable

Cons

pay is really low to start and end

none

This company is a great place to grow and is very employee oriented.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Employees come first. Flexible scheduling that allows me to be with my family more. Management really cares for the employee and helps them in growing. They provide career paths for the employees. Company invites change for growth and in doing so, they are continually growing.

Cons

Lack of standardization, difficult in making changes as it not driven from the top down in all cases. Decisions are not easily made for projects due to too many people involved.

Glidewell Laboratories Photos