Glidewell Laboratories

Great Company, Great Environment and Great People

Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Project Coordinator in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This Company takes pride in taking care of their employees. They create events throughout the year for us to partake in. The people working here are always happy and that is very unusual for such a large Company.

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say.

Advice to Management

Allow for more personal growth by sending employees to seminars in a particular area of growth needed or to help them do their job more efficiently.

2. Great place for entry-level employees to move up with hard work

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits- subsidized cafeteria, on-site health clinic with masseuse and acupuncturist, gym that offers daily classes, flexible hours for some job positions, paid educational/leadership training

Flexible career movement- human resources makes a good effort to transfer employees within the company to different positions/departments if they are unhappy with their position

Cons

Low pay, minimal PTO, difficult to advance into higher level positions without seniority

Advice to Management

Recognize and reward employees based on skill and work ethic, rather than cronyism

3. Great Company, Great People

Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Employees are really looked after. Company encourages promotion from within. Employees can seek out opportunities in other parts of the organization. Because the company is vertically integrated it means there are a wealth of opportunities available. Developed an extensive management and leadership training program to assist those making the leap to management.

Cons

Benefits could be much better.Need better long term strategic planning.

Advice to Management

Management should be son the same page when determining direction and company goals.

5. Great Company to work for.

Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Newport Beach, CA

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great corporate culture that is family centered. Good pay, great support from management, and lots of opportunities for growth.

Cons

Gossip is very regular hear. I always did my job and stayed away from stuff like that so I wasn't affected by it very much but it would probably be biggest con here. other than that its great.

Advice to Management

There are some people in management that should be fired and not protected. Like the manager that only hires attractive women.

Underpaid, Benefits are substandard and the HR department has a high turnover rate.

Current Employee - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work is easy and boring. Anyone can do it. Only will recommend this for a first job out of college or it may be a good job if you didn't go to college and don't plan on doing so.

Cons

If you are a working mom or have a family - this job is not for you. There is very little if any work/life balance. Minimum paid holidays, you'll end up using the 2 weeks you have to take off the days your child has off from school. You don't even get Christmas Eve off as a paid holiday. Even if you worked for the company 20 years and are a manager you still only get 2 weeks off. Absolutely no career advancement for anyone other than lab technicians. Unless you plan on waiting 20 years to get a promotion...

Advice to Management

Listen to employees who have a need to change or alter shift times, and don't worry so much about production. Your employees will be happier, instead of feeling like a production robot.

not sure

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time

Pros

work load is not so bad def. doable

Cons

pay is really low to start and end

Advice to Management

none

The Best of the Best work here!

Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The best of the best work here!
    Honored to work side-by-side with individuals and leaders who motivate, guide, and mentor talented people.
    Industry-leading thinkers!
    Lots of opportunity to grow!
    Family-style work environment
    Free donughts on Fridays!
    Lots of employee perks: employees appreciation breakfast, Halloween party, Knott's Berry Farm day, etc.

Cons

Lots of projects and not enough time (not uncommon).
    Not a lot of holidays (24/7 production doesn't run by itself, people need to be here).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

This company is a great place to grow and is very employee oriented.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Employees come first. Flexible scheduling that allows me to be with my family more. Management really cares for the employee and helps them in growing. They provide career paths for the employees. Company invites change for growth and in doing so, they are continually growing.

Cons

Lack of standardization, difficult in making changes as it not driven from the top down in all cases. Decisions are not easily made for projects due to too many people involved.

10. Great Place to Work!

I have been working at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have only worked at Glidewell Laboratories for a year now and so far my experience has been positive. I feel I have learned a lot since I have joined Glidewell's company and look forward to many more years of growth. The company has many positives including great managerial staff who want you to succeed and grow. There is even a training program offered to managers, to help improve their leadership and managerial skills. Benefits include a gym, doctors office, restaurant, masseuse, break rooms and insurance!

Cons

At the moment I currently don't have any major cons to complain about.

Advice to Management

Keep up your hard work!

Disappointing. Profitable shell waiting to collapse.

Former Employee - Technical Writer in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Irvine, CA

I worked at Glidewell Laboratories full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

On-site facilities including great break areas, gym, Dr's office, and renovated restrooms.
    A lot of room for upward mobility.

Cons

Many people can reach supervisor positions without management experience or education. Lower management is so focused on quotas that quality control is shockingly lacking.

Middle management is under enormous pressure to finalize huge projects so fast that they have no time to manage the lower levels. As a worker, it's hit or miss how you will be treated because there's accountability from lower management to middle.

Upper management is still caught up in founder worship (I'm talking 5 foot portraits of him everywhere). Years of growth at the expense of quality has instilled a profound fear of change or any ability to acknowledge advances in business administration in the past 30 years.

Advice to Management

Retire or change. If the FDA ever cracks down on the dental industry, you're going to be shut down while your higher quality competitors succeed. Being the "McDonalds" of dental manufacturing is not a good thing.

Glidewell Laboratories Photos