Glimcher Realty
www.glimcher.com Columbus, OH 1000 to 5000 Employees

Glimcher Realty Reviews

Updated Mar 26, 2014
Glimcher Realty – US – “Scottsdale Quarter”

Michael P. Glimcher

No money to be made

Shift Supervisor (Current Employee)
Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Glimcher Realty full-time for less than a year

ProsA somewhat set schedule, nice office staff, employees are sociable, you feel very welcomed when you start, online timekeeping, paid time off offered upon employment.

ConsThe pay is very low compared to the expectations set for employees. Employees show up or leave for their shift when it is convenient for them with no discipline. Management is too busy trying to remind everyone of their title that they are oblivious to the problems there. Employee morale is crazy low if you're not part of the admin staff. Turnover is rediculous. I know an employee who has been there for 4 years and has only had a $.20 bump in pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher pay = better employees. Talk to employees, don't yell. Invest in keeping employees not replacing them

Culture

I have been working at Glimcher Realty full-time

Prosprofitable business. as a REIT, they have figured out how to build, lease and manage shopping centers.

Consculture is a joke........only a certain age and sex are tolerated. if one is not of a certain youthful age and is not of a certain sex, there is no future at this company. what they say publically and what they do privately are greatly at odds.

Cash Processor (Corp Office)

Cash Processor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glimcher Realty full-time for more than 8 years

ProsGood benefits. Hire in salary is decent.

ConsSalary is good when you first start and then when it is time for raises they are very low even with a great review. Management is to concerned about college degrees when you try for a promotion. They fail to see the many years you have been with them and how strong your background is with the company. Some of the management fails to take care of the problem employees because they have been threatened with law suits. Management staf is to young and immature to hold their positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow up! Act your age!! Look at what your employees have to offer before seeking outside the company. Review with your staff and/or team to see what is needed or what their concerns maybe. Have a development plan and a better training program. The HR staff needs restructured. They are snooty and worried more about themselves than their employees.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Management does not appreciate and respect employees.

Tenant Coordinator (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glimcher Realty full-time for more than 3 years

ProsInteresting work (shopping mall development), nice coworkers, some management support relating to work and employment looks good on the resume.

ConsSalary is below average, offer stock options with no intent of honoring them. GRT is quick to lay off employees without any warnings. Senior management does not believe in win-win senarios (every dollar they give you is a dollar coming out of their pockets).

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what you say, say what you mean: I lost 30k in stock options because our team was laid off for company's financial problems (not performance) and a "temination" clause in my options cancelled my stock options. Why offer them if you have no intent of honoring them? It could have helped my kids' college tuition. I recommend anybody thinking about employment to get everything in writing and have your attorney review all the weasel clauses. If they are unwilling to accept your terms, don't take the job.

Unprofessional!

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
Columbus, OH

I worked at Glimcher Realty part-time for less than a year

ProsWilling to be as flexible as they can with Employees schedules
Good Benefits

ConsManagement Team very unprofessional
They speak down to other Employees
Don't keep track of what you tell them re; Days requested off
Keep Employees out of the Loop w/changes that should be communicated
Management Leader's bad temper led to screaming/temper tantrums in front of Customers! Very unnecessary! Unprofessional!

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat all Employees equally.
Stop talking down to your staff.
Keep staff informed of changes.
If you are upset about something, handle it privately! Don't throw a tantrum in front of customers/employees!
Just because you are in Management, don't have a bad attitude towards those below you.
Instead of writing notes and just laying them on a desk for all employees, maybe communicate with them weekly or bi-weekly if something needs improved. Letter's can come across as rude.
When one person does something wrong, don't blame it on all the employees! Talk to the person who messed up.

Not professional

Security (Former Employee)

I worked at Glimcher Realty

ProsThey will work with you schedule wise
Meet new people

ConsMall and corporate management does not want to hear ways to make environment safer
Hires high school kids sometimes and can be unprofessional
Low pay in comparison to other area malls
Does not want to spend any money on Security/Safety

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to listen to the Security staff regarding issues
Need to invest in Security

You can get better experience elsewhere, and the senior leadership will be stronger.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Glimcher Realty

ProsCompetitive benefits package, including vacation
Schedule autonomy
Work/life balance
No rules against dating superiors
Free popcorn
High floors in building mean great views

ConsSalary is not competitive
Senior management team is not strong
Most employee workstations are essentially a glorified call center
Company won't spend money to properly maintain assets, but has no problem dropping 120 large on senior management retreats.
Nepotism.
Senior management does not care about their employees.
Half empty office due to round after round of layoffs

Advice to Senior ManagementMost of the dead weight at this company is at the top. There are layers of bureaucracy to navigate and since the majority of this bureaucracy is made of castoffs from stronger firms, and people are terrified to make waves in a shaky economy, decisions aren't made in a timely, effective, or efficient manner. The board of directors would be well advised to replace the top three people in any department and start over.

Great

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Glimcher Realty

ProsCulture, people, environment, leadership, and

ConsCommuncation, balance, response, and and

GReaT company to work for.

Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee)
Tampa, FL

I have been working at Glimcher Realty

ProsGreat company to work for. All senior management is very down to earth and worries about every employee.

ConsBe careful who you get in the center management team, this determines your experience with the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive credit where credit is due.

Overall Ok

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Glimcher Realty

ProsOverall the company is firm, provides good work live balance, but opportunity for advancement is minimal at best. Company has adequate benefits.

ConsOpportunity for advancement is minimal at best. Benefits could be better and cheaper. Lack of recognition for all parties involved in major projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should recognize that everyone deserves recognition, not just those that are in top positions. The people below the top positions are the ones doing a lot of the work.

Worked for Glimcher Realty? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Glimcher Realty reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Glimcher Realty CEO Michael P. Glimcher. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Glimcher Realty employees.