Global Aerospace

Nick Brown

Good place to work for

Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Accounting Specialist in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Global Aerospace full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits, a lot of PTO, flex hours

Cons

Low salary unless you're in management.

More salary/profit sharing for anyone not an officer.

stay for the paycheck. Lack of respect throughout the company.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at Global Aerospace

Pros

nice commute, ok cafeteria, access to on-site gym.

Cons

no respect. no room for advancement. negative atmosphere in every department through the company. It is a strange place, cant go to Human Resources-sad to see that "they" are incompetent. Human Resources had 100% turn over in two years. What does that tell you about a company? Upper Management does not care.

Could have a decent company, decent people working hard but upper management does not value employees. Try to be professional - take some courses, educate yourself on respect, today's workplace ethics, proper professional protocol.

If you like rude managers & poor salaries - this is the place to go!

Current Employee - Unhappy in Short Hills, NJ
    Current Employee - Unhappy in Short Hills, NJ

I have been working at Global Aerospace

Pros

good location, benefits good for company of this size, interesting industry, nonmanagers are nice, they have some events for employees (picnic, raffles).

Cons

Unless you are an Underwriter or Attorney, you won't be paid well or get promoted. Other companies with admins, accountants, etc., pay their staff a lot more. I've been here many years & have seen many good people leave because there's no growth.

While there are a lot of Asst VP - there are too many. My friends & I joke that we'll be AVPs next - it's a useless title. Maybe it's a quota thing, who knows.

Also, managers are rude & make off-color remarks in public.

Politics are awful for such a small place. It's the Claims department & "rest" of the company - they don't cooperate with other departments or employees & see themselves as better, and this is accepted. We employees get caught in the politics.

Communication - nonexistant.
    The CEO came & made this huge presentation during the Holidays which no one understood. Later, others explained this meant no bonuses, and mgmt knew about this in the summer & didn't bother telling us.

I'm still here because I have a lot of friends here, the cost of my medical benefits is good, and it's very close to my home.

Take some ettiqute or manager courses. Learn to be friendly to eveyone. Start paying us what other companies pay their employees. Stop making everyone an Assistant Vice President - it's a joke now. Be honest with us, and don't wait to share any news, good or bad.

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Global Aerospace

Pros

Location, flexible hours, paid benefits

Cons

On your own to develop skills

Global Aerospace is
    led by a younger generation of outsiders who don't get the overall picture.

I have been working at Global Aerospace

Pros

Benefits and time off are good.

Cons

If you're an aging person who's been with the company for a decade or more, you get no respect. If you're a no-talent new guy that has no experience to speak of, you're their new branch manager.

Promote from within. Don't bring in Brits to take American jobs. Upper management needs to stop working on UWs accounts behind their backs. There are too many restrictions regarding the operation of the aircraft. If I wanted to fly for the airlines, I would have done so.

Disappointing and frustrating

I worked at Global Aerospace

Pros

Generous benefits package with employee contributions that seem to be competitive with similar companies; generous PTO policy; most departments are accommodating in need to balance work/family issues.

Cons

Majority of senior management is lacking basic people management skills, issues are festering throughout the organization, everyone knows what/where/who they are, yet management doesn't address them. Raises and promotions are done very subjectively with no checks and balances. Performance appraisals are a joke...again, managers afraid to address the issues.

Just because an employee has been with the company 15+ years, isn't necessarily a good thing. Some good healthy turnover would do this company wonders. COO in US lacks professionalism and ethics, makes a better underwriter than a business administrator/executive

Terrible

I worked at Global Aerospace

Pros

Decent benefits package. Generous pto. Company has a great industry repution and is for the most part a stable place to work.

Cons

Incompetent hr department. Lack of communication between home office and regional offices. They tout opportunities of advancement and continuing education when they hire you when no such opportunities exist. They have no interest in supporting employees who wish to better themselves and take on more responsibility.

Communicate with employees. Hire competent hr staff. Encourage the interest that employees take in their jobs and bettering themselves. How is a company to grow if the staffs professional growth is stifled?

disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

I have been working at Global Aerospace

Pros

hours are good, (actual minutes and days not so) location is very good, has offices in usa, paris and canada

Cons

very much a blame culture in operation, old fashion and not very innovative. some of the management is poor, but new ceo is good