www.gesnetwork.com Littleton, CO 150 to 499 Employees

Be The First To
Add Photos

Howard Brill

Global Employment Solutions

Sales Assistant, Conde Nast Publishing (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThe people who recruited me were very attentive and in-touch, more than usual, and definitely more than those who have called me from overseas phone banks.

ConsThere is no San Francisco, CA office for GES. I was recruited for the local position out of the New York, NY office.

Global Employment Solutions

Executive Recruiter (Former Employee)
Bala Cynwyd, PA

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat opportunity to work with people that have been in the business for 15+ years. Great learning environment.

ConsCorporate structure is tyrannical. No amount of leeway in terms of vacation and coming back 1 minute after lunch is reported.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with each individual recruiter based on their skill set and ability instead of some corporate structure.

An excellent experience!

Records Specialist (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

I worked at Global Employment Solutions as a contractor for more than a year

ProsI can only say good things about them. They are all polite and professional who understand how to achieve to the best results. I would definitely recommend them.

ConsI was not paid for holidays.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am told that the agency does offer job seekers tutorials on Microsoft Excel and Word. It would be helpful if some level of software training was offered for the nonprofit and legal communities since there are so many open positions in those markets. For example, nonprofits use raiser's edge software and law firms use Elite and Legalkey. This would be a win –win situation for everyone.

New York office is a joke

Account Executive (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsLaid back, low key, casual work environment. If you worked in Temp or Perm you'll have it made. They were a bit more seasoned and usually worked 3-4 days a week, came and went as they pleased and often got extra paid time off. Once I even saw someone napping at their desk, its very low key. If you worked in IT or Sales you weren't so lucky, it's was much more corporate and structured. You had to be present each day and your activity was more accounted for. When management from headquarters would come to town it was then that you were really had to put on a show. Everyone was told to be in the office, appear very very busy and make it seem like you were about to land a huge new account. Fortunately once they left all that was over.

ConsStaff is undervalued and under compensated. Very poor commission plan and there were never any raises. Every expense was often rejected. There were also the occasional commission cuts here and there and random delays in paying out commission checks at times. When it came to your W-2 compare it to your pay stubs cause there was often mistakes and always in the company's favor. Try not to get offended by management's inappropriate comments. There will be many! What is funny is that sometimes the staff would get yelled out for doing exactly what the manager did 5 minutes earlier. Very hypocritical. Also sometimes management would embellish stories to take accounts away from employees and reassign them to other members of the team. You really have to watch your back here.This was done a lot to make specific employees appear more profitable and skew the numbers. It was because of this that several talented employees were either laid off or left. When brought to the attention to other managers they would often look the other way because they didn't want to rock the boat.

Advice to Senior ManagementAssign new management and make sure they are responsible for running a desk. Set specific rules regarding billing and re-assigning accounts. Be more aggressive about hiring more salespeople. There's about 30 recruiters and only 4 salespeople. Very odd for a staffing organization.

I would not recommend this company to work at as a Recruiter

Executive Recruiter (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Global Employment Solutions full-time for less than a year

ProsThey have good Sr. Management and it's a laid back environment. They allow you to work at your own pace and I was encouraged to go to networking events which were great.

ConsI wish the team was more professional and focused on business development and making money. They goofed off a lot and management should have reprimanded them.

Simply the Worst.

Denver, CO

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThese people are far from Pros.

ConsEntire Management Team. HR is belligerent. Not employee friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementStick to sales, you shouldn't be managing people.

Back stabbing

Bala Cynwyd, PA

ProsGood training program. Nice office, good location

ConsLong hours, dishonest employees. Poor pay plan. Management likes to belittle employees in front of everyone.

Temp agency

I worked at Global Employment Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

ProsGES recruiters are usually prompt to respond.

ConsUnfortunately, I learned I could not trust what my recruiter told me about the nature of my assignments and their duration.

Senior Recruiter

Senior Recruiter (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Global Employment Solutions full-time for more than 3 years

ProsFun, young outgoing environment was very appealing to me.

ConsOne of the top managers is verrrry difficult to work with. She often pushs hard to get one of her less then qualified candidates into my clients. (example - she wanted her candidate who hates reception to interview for a receptionist position with my best client) With the strong turnover she cherry picks the best clients from those who leave. Management will never be able to let her go as this practice has her aligned with the majority of the top clients.

No vision, No path, can't execute.

I worked at Global Employment Solutions

ProsThey will keep anyone on board for 6 months as long as you cover your salary.

ConsNo career path, extremely cheap, and ZERO training.

Advice to Senior ManagementLeave

Worked for Global Employment Solutions? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Employment Solutions reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Global Employment Solutions CEO Howard Brill. All 20 reviews posted anonymously by Global Employment Solutions employees.