Global Experience Specialists

Updated February 26, 2015
Updated February 26, 2015
3.7

Steve Moster

Pros
  • Great Co-workers, excellent benefits, growth possible if you're willing to lie about others and promote yourself (in 4 reviews)

• Good work life balance - I've had to work very little over time and only a handful of times on the weekends (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor communication with upper management when forecasting over time (in 5 reviews)

• Advancement opportunities within the company depends heavily on on who you know than on skills and abilities (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

this is not for someone who wants to do the same job every day

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists

Pros

Variety of work, I work with many different personalities and in this job you need great Customer Service Skill

Cons

Work many weekends and nights, sometimes the job is very stressful

Operations Coordinator

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Work is rewarding. Management relates well to staff. The processes are straightforward. Support from management is excellent. Work life balance is ok if you are willing to work. Plenty of opportunity for growth.

Cons

Compensation. Work life balance may be intolerable to those unwilling to work. Office culture is relaxed as long as you do your job efficiently. Process has holes but management is open to change.

Always busy, process is getting better

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists

Pros

At GES you are always busy with projects. In general managers are conscience of work life balance so hours are not overly extreme.

Cons

Upper management failed to deliver on bonuses last year.

Don't promise bonuses and then cut them

Great people with design department that will make you scratch your head

Current Employee - Designer
    Current Employee - Designer

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Managed to attract terrific hard working people in sales and operations roles throughout company. There are many gems carrying the duds. This is evident throughout.

Cons

Peter's principal runs rampant here. Design managers are incapable and unwilling to weed out the dead weight and set current expectations for work [and by that I mean question the status-quo with regards to deliverables] . Work product varies from designer to designer like kale to bacon-wrapped scallops. The kicker is, those bacon-wrapped scallops are likely getting paid less.

Get your department in line by introducing management-minded design personnel and reduce the amount of Executive design positions [ridiculous since we know you are all buddies, so stop promoting each other]. While you're at it maybe take a look at the breakdown in the women:men ratio as pertains to the design department especially. Every once in a while, fire the people that are dead weight. What an idea.

Very good place to start career

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people. Work life balance is very favorable. Company provided cell phone and laptop is a nice perk.

Cons

Hard to move up. A lot of middle aged managers and senior managers. You do not get promoted unless someone above you leaves company and a position opens.

Provide a better opportunity for advancement. Do not get complacent with the status quo.

Nice people, stressful work at times.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Global Experience Specialists full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Nice people who have worked together a long time.

Cons

Get to show site ASAP. Willing to have errors if it will get there on time.

Extraordinary company to work for.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

Pros

GES is an outstanding public company and its commitment to its employees is just as outstanding. As a current employee, I know that employees are treated fairly, work-life balance is supported and GES' financial strength provides stability in an ever-changing economy. In particular, GES' Foxborough, MA office is a perfect example of the company culture, camaraderie and dedication to serving it's customers well. It would be difficult for me to work for a company who put themselves first instead of the customer. After all, we are all customers in one way or another.

Cons

Because GES is a public company, it is understood that corporations must report its financial performance monthly, quarterly, annually. Thus, its employees are rated according to measurable results. Metrics data, like statistics, are the drivers of performance leaving very little room for gray areas or soft data. Sometimes metrics are interpreted too factually without consideration of outside variables or extenuating circumstances.

While metrics is necessary for a public company, there is more to the story than metrics. We explain variances at a corporate level to the analyst community. Perhaps management should consider the same at a macro level.

Good company trying hard to lead its industry; great people in my office

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Foxborough, MA

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent local leadership; supportive office work environment; great co-workers always willing to help out; nice office; has the capabilities and resources needed to truly distinguish itself from its competitors and help you offer great customer service; management tries hard to keep us informed and let us know what is going in our office and in the company in general

Cons

limited advancement opportunities for people on exhibit side of business becasue our side of the business has a flat structure and there are not many places where advancement is possible; can sometimes feel like you are just a small piece of a very big puzzle

Great company, amazing opportunities - a fabulous place to work!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Large global company with full service capabilities. Fortune 100 clientele, supportive local management, great co-workers. Many employees in this office are highly tentured and experienced. Nice office location and environment.

Cons

Not many negatives. Pittsburgh office could be larger.

Excellent company! Strives to make everyone better!

Current Employee - Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Coordinator in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Global Experience Specialists full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Immediate health benefits and time-off

Cons

Not as easy to move up the ladder as anticipated

Global Experience Specialists Photos