Global Industrial Reviews

1. Great Place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Global Industrial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team atmosphere, good support by managers. nice office - never take work home.

Cons

they listen to your calls to catch you in mistake, they say they listen to give feedback/help on future calls - this never happens. When you start to do well they make you cut your account package and move into "house" . Then you look and see the forced flipped accounts ordering where company takes all the money. All to save on paying commissions. Kept being told larger accounts are coming to you but its always :next month" talk time is 2hrs and it can be easy but not when you have smaller accounts and only 200. Morning meeting suck up a good part of morning and seem meaning less - when you have 10 minutes of the same coworkers thanking the same people for helping for (just doing their job) is annoying. very few company events - dont want to slow down phone time. other locations do not follow same rules on location fires people for selling to accounts out of territory and other reps in other locations do not have to follow same rules. All the th Major accounts are managed by very few. dont expect any of your orders to arrive undamaged or arrive at all, no contamination to sales about lead times on website are all wrong...even when you do get order it takes forever for it to ship due to warehouse being behind. my question is when will they realized its the sales person on the floor that is who you need to keep happy. also lots of promises of changes coming and never followed through. Higher management runs things on fear of you being fired.

Advice to Management

please more team events - whats 10 minutes out of day once every few weeks. .

2. Marketing

I worked at Global Industrial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stepping stone. Good place to work if you're a recent grad looking for somewhere to work for one year, at most. Then move on. Depending on your position, overtime is usually available.

Cons

Management is extremely confused and biased. Promotions and raises aren't based on merit. Hard work isn't appreciated. You must have very thick skin to work here. Compensation is low in comparison to work load and stress.

Advice to Management

Don't promote people based on the relationships they have with other employees or higher ups, but rather their work ethic.

3. Horrible bosses

I worked at Global Industrial full-time

Pros

No guidance or direction, executives are a boys club and ignore women

Cons

Port Washington office is disgusting really needs an update. It's dark, moldy and old. All employees there told me they are just there for a paycheck and hate the place. Managers bring their personal problems to the office and take it out on their employees

Advice to Management

Upgrade your office , retrain your staff,

5. CSR

I have been working at Global Industrial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, hours, holiday, PTO, location, food

Cons

Rarely get OT, pay, nothing else bothers me

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing

Very Dissapointing

Current Employee - Metric Facilitator in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Metric Facilitator in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Global Industrial full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good water pressure in the bathrooms.

Cons

Adversarial managers, CSR's last a short time usually running out crying, everybody told your getting fired almost daily, security like Fort Knox, no support for developing opportunities, ignore opportunities for months because that's not the way a Vice President did it back in the day. Total ignorance to current market loves being in 23 rd place, thinks it's a rave. Basically told "I'm not getting fired you are", computers that don't work, logistics that are beyond belif, if the stuff gets there it was overpriced and damaged. What's not to like for a sales force?

Advice to Management

Cash out your stocks and sell to someone with a clue.

Global does not value its employees.

Former Employee - Sales in Buford, GA
    Former Employee - Sales in Buford, GA

I worked at Global Industrial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free lunches during Holidays, occasional pizza purchased by the manager for appreciation (rarely happened), Gym on site (but no time for employees to use), ample parking for employees, ice machine to keep your thirst quenched and free coffee.

Cons

Lack of product training, with as many products as they offer, they need to have each category broken down into groups opposed to selling everything. Better product knowledge helps close a sale. Corporate sales will steal your quotes and send you threatening email about quoting their customers although the customer never showed in the system. You are required to get the customers information upfront and start a quote without telling the customer this creating more quotes you need to call back and close. You need to make 10 outbound calls a day to attempt to close a quote to a sale, log you called the quote and you better request a quote extension within 8 days or by the 10th day your quotes go to the "sharks" aka closers. Managers and leads treat you with disrespect. One of the leads I worked with always came at me with anger and hostility, yet I get called by the manager to address my "anger issues". Don't try depending yourself, you won't win since the managers have the leads in the back of their pockets. Quotas are always being raised so high making it impossible to receive any type of bonuses. New hires are required to work the 2nd shift and won't stand a chance of getting the 8-4 shift due to large turn over. When I was interviewed, I was told I would be selling products over the phone. I was under the impression it was like a phone sales catalog job. Never once was I told we had to ask for quotes and quote customers. They monitor your phone calls and they will nail you for not quoting. I am an honest person, I won't enter the customers information without their permission. This is exactly what they expected you to do. I left after my lead nearly physically attacked me one day.

Advice to Management

Stop disrespecting your employees. If you learn how to value your employees you will build a successful business. There is a reason why non of your employees want to stay around.

8. Poor management

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Robbinsville, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Robbinsville, NJ

I have been working at Global Industrial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice people to work with. (Most of them).

Cons

Managers and HR don't seem to understand their jobs.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who understands that their employees are the people who actually make the money, get the head to know what the tail is doing.

inbound sales

Pros

none none none none none

Cons

very unprofessional environment to work in, supervisors are constantly yelling, you do get commission however for a 1000 dollar order you only get about ten cents which is absolutely ridiculous and everything is about meeting your goal and if you do not meet your goal over a course of three months you will get written up and so on and so on from there then your out of the door you will not be there for longer than a year so if you are seeking a company that you will be at longterm, this is definitely not the company for you

Advice to Management

be quiet employees do not want to hear all of that yelling about calls being on hold, how about you all take a call as well, learn how to speak to your employees as adults instead of like children which most of them have children of their own and they do not speak to their own children in such a tone/ manner

10. Tools Selling Tools

Former Employee - Account Manager in Port Washington, NY
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Port Washington, NY

I worked at Global Industrial full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Base salary, health insurance, not required to work overtime.

Cons

This is not a company that inspires loyalty from its employees. The management is at the beck and call of the greedy family that started it 60 years ago. The managers, including one particular ___ who is famous for driving people away from the company -- and despite is unique combination of stupidity/incompetence and cunning survival instinct has been able to keep his job -- will do whatever they have to, to make sure that you don't anything beyond your base salary. Check out the photos I posted. This is Office Space times ten.

Advice to Management

Repent.

Very good place to work

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Port Washington, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Port Washington, NY

I have been working at Global Industrial full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great environment, friendly people, challenging work environment. You get to learn something new every day.

Cons

Someone keeps turning on the air conditioner and it gets too cold.

RSS Feed </> Embed