Global InfoTek

Add Photos

Ray Emami

Great small company

Network Manager (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe greatest thing about working at Global InfoTek is that the management truly cares about the employees. You are a member of the family. This fosters an excellent work/life balance, and makes management very approachable.
    Second, which is unusual for a small company, there is a great deal of opportunity for hands on experience with various technologies and concepts.

ConsAs with many small businesses in this sector, funding can occasionally be volatile, and it is directly more noticeable. To be successful in a small company you need to strive to be involved to hedge against possible funding issues.

Great Place to Work!

Senior Principal Scientist (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe upper managers at GITI are all great people. They are extremely open and inclusive about their privately owned business. While they have a business to run, and must consider their customer's needs, they also carefully consider their employee work/life balance. My career spans over 30 years and this is one of the best places I've had the pleasure to work.

ConsNo negatives, but a word of caution; this is a typical small business. If you prefer procedures and process over expertise and bold effort, small business may not be right for you.

Great people

Director of Engineering (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe people are what kept me at Global InfoTek for so long. The work can be good, but that comes and goes based on the projects the company wins. The common theme for my time at GITI was working with people I actually enjoyed being around.

ConsGITI is no different from any other small company engaged in federal contracting. Being small puts them at a disadvantage, forced to operate as a subcontractor to the typical large federal contractors. Once in a while GITI wins a prime job, but in general those have been IDIQ contracts and most recently, task orders have been difficult to come by.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good fight, and be sure to explore options outside of Defense Research and Intelligence. Find ways to cut overhead costs without losing ground to other employers on compensation & benefits. Cut back heavily on management overhead. Today's market requires better decisions earlier and more often. Be proactive not reactive.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good people to work with

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Reston, VA

ProsThe atmosphere at the company has always been good
    The owners are very decent people.
    You will get exposed to a lot of stuff

ConsNot many industry standard training opportunities
    Too keen to make the Hail Mary pass while forgetting the bread and butter in terms of business development.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider investing in training as that is investing in people

Management is authoritarian and arbitrary

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsInteresting and challenging work
    Used to be some people who were good to work with, but most have left

ConsCEO is obnoxious and resistant to any ideas other than his own
    Hemorrhaged jobs for a year or two, so I'm not alone in my negative assessment; I know of one who took a high-level position and was gone in less than a year.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop being so pig-headed and allow for the fact that you can't always be right

Worked for Global InfoTek? Contribute to the Community!