Global Insight

Add Photos

Global Insight President and COO Scott C. Key

Scott C. Key

All good so far!

Project Manager (Current Employee)
    Windsor Locks, CT

ProsSimple processes for consultants, great followup by recruiter during lengthy background check

ConsNone so far. Processes are less automated than last staffing company I contracted at, but that's OK with me.

Not geared towards consultants but toward the Client. Not trustworthy

Technical (Current Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsInitially, my recruiter was very professional. Kept in contact and updated me on the project. Weekly compensation. Offered benefits.

ConsUnder rated my compensation based on my work experience and offered an opportunity to meet the clients needs. Never offered opportunity to benefit the consultants work experience, very unprofessional and negative when discussing compensation, belittled the job to low ball the pay rate. Not trust worthy as an employer. The recruiters main goal was the client over the consultant. After complaint of sexual harassment from their client to my recruiter, my recruiter disclosed my concerns to the client not to my benefit but to keep the client as a client even after I requested to be assigned to another contract without pursuing any action against the client but only to be reassigned; even after the client praised my technical skills. NOT TRUST WORTHY as an employer

Advice to Senior ManagementRequire ethics training for all recruiters. Recruiters should be held accountable when a consultant has a complaint against a client based on any type of harassment. Consultants should be able to trust the recruiter. A hierarchy put in place for the consultants if issue's are not resolved at the recruiter level.

Bad Interview Experience

Senior Engineer (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsCalled me at the end of the day to give me bad news.

ConsNot a very professional organization

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Just recently became intolerable

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)

ProsFlex working time
    Less stress environment
    Fast expending through acquisitions

ConsLow salary increase
    Does not promote in-house innovation or creation
    Frequent management changes

Advice to Senior ManagementCare less about the stock price and care more about the people who work for the company!

Great company concpet....gap between values and execution

Senior Manager (Former Employee)
    Lexington, MA

ProsVision is right on the mark

ConsConpay talks the talk but does not walt the walk when it comes to values

Advice to Senior ManagementFix gap between senior management and midl level management

A great and fast growing Information Technology employment firm.

ProsMy experience as IT Consultant with Insight Global was very positive. They are a proactive, positive organization and are very well organized, recruiters pay attention to detail and always follow up with their consultants very professionally.

ConsChances for contract to hire positions are often slow.

Good

Security Engineer (Current Employee)
    Miami, FL

ProsHave the confidence in my abilities

ConsDon't have any cons to add

Good place to gain professional experience

Associate (Current Employee)
    Lexington, MA

ProsThe consulting business is still relatively small and growing. New associates are quickly entrusted with a lot of responsibility and early exposure a variety of projects. You can develop a range of skills in a brief period of time. People here are also very nice, laid-back, and willing to help.

ConsThe environment has traditionally been very family-oriented, and management seems to be afraid of ambitious, independent go-getters. The promotion process seems to favor those who need a helping hand. As a result, there is a lot of turnover at the lower level. Many are also unwilling to share recognition.

Advice to Senior Management- Break down the family environment. As long as management maintains that line, you will drive away any new good, intelligent, ambitious employees.

- Recognition should go down to the lowest level. A little pat on the back or a simple "good job" goes a long way.

Good job to gain experience

Lexington, MA

ProsJunior staff gets a fair amount of responsibility from the beginning. You would gain experience in modeling skills and working with clients.

ConsCompensation is weak compared with others in the industry. Management lacks leadership skills. People are treated the same if they do good work or mediocre work.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with your employees and listen to employee feedback. If somebody does exceptionally well then reward them for their work.

This is not a good company.

Senior Analyst (Former Employee)
    Lexington, MA

ProsReasonable work-life balance and benefits package is adequate.

ConsRank and file employees are treated badly and management is spectacularly inadequate across almost all business lines. President/primary shareholder of the company is an aged (72+ yrs), remote presence who is either too old to care about the company or is simply unaware of the day to day problems. No accountability at management level. Management is universally disliked (Macroeconomic, Automotive, Energy, etc). Salaries are bad, attitude and morale is not good and career advancement non-existent. Respected and capable analysts leave relatively quickly. Commercial growth at this company is trivial at best.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet out of the way and call in the professionals. You've all been underperforming for years and milking the gravy train.

Worked for Global Insight? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global Insight reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Global Insight CEO Scott C. Key. All 18 reviews posted anonymously by Global Insight employees.