Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)

www.goglobal-inc.com
  www.goglobal-inc.com

Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) Reviews

Updated September 15, 2014
Updated September 15, 2014
4.0

Paula Silveira

Best internship experience I could have ever asked for!! Fantastic experience prior to graduating college.

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) as an intern for less than a year

Pros

One of my favorite things about working for GMC was that it had such a professional environment in which learning, training, and teamwork were heavily emphasized. Everyone has a leader in the office that trains you and works with you on anything you need to improve on. If they weren't the best person to help you with a particular aspect of the job, they made sure that the person in the office best at that aspect worked with you so you can learn and improve. I also really liked having the opportunity to work with so many different types of clients. I learned a lot about working with all different people and rounding out my professional experiences. For an internship, I learned a million times more about myself as a professional and about business in general.

Cons

The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was working in many different areas. It was fun to travel around but the commutes ate up a lot of my profits in gas.

Enjoyed the experience (some pros and cons), great place to start as an entry-level employee, lots of growth opportunity

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time for more than a year

Pros

I thought GMC provided a great work environment for its employees, especially for the entry-level guys since there were so much growth opportunities. I did not have a focus on Marketing when I was receiving my college education, but I had a chance to learn from the experts there, and finally became one of the managers and an expert myself. I loved everyone there, some of them turned out to be my mentors and friends lifelong.

Cons

It can turn out to be long hours sometimes since there are numerous existing customers who you have to interact with daily. And some of them may not be as friendly.

I was hoping for a faster promotion, but turned out that I have used 13 months to become a manager.

Place for those who are interested in becoming an Entrepreneur (having your own branch in a short duration)

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Everyone gets to have their own branch and sales team in less than 2 years, that is only if you decide to work hard and stay for long-term.
    -Training was well provided by the experts at Global Marketing, you will get a chance to learn about good Customer Relations Management.
    -"Sink or Swim" style at Global Marketing: Although many of you might think this style is a "con", but I believe that sometimes it is beneficial to control your own destiny, especially when you have put in more effort, then you deserve more money.
    -There is no micromanaging at Global Marketing, you are pretty much your own boss in a sense.

Cons

-If you join Global Marketing inexperienced in terms of CRM like me, then please expect to come to work on some Saturdays for the first 2 months.
    -Long drive for some of us.
    -Lunch expense is not provided.

Sundays might be a good opportunity to make some extra money, so can you allow us to come to work on Sundays? Greatly appreciated!

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Tough in the first 3 months, Easy money afterwards

Current Employee - Salesman (Team Leader)  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Salesman (Team Leader) in Columbia, MD

Pros

1) Even if you do not hit your goal, you get base pay which was $400-$500 for the first 3-4 months, and more afterwards.
    2) You get commission for each sale, even when there is base pay provided.
    3) Leadership training are provided before becoming a team leader.
    4) Lots of money can be made during the peak seasons.

Cons

1) You might get discouraged when many customers say "no" to you.
    2) Economy and people's purchase power decide your sales opportunities.
    3) You have to share portion of your commission with others if it is a "team sale".

As a team leader, I wish to get more hard working and motivated sales personnel in my team.

Not loving it, but enjoying it so far

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

1. The pay structure at the company: you are able to have your own preferences on the pay style such as salary, bonus, commission etc.
    2. High potential of becoming a branch manager in less than 2 years with the support, sponsorship and investment by the company if you perform well.
    3. Awesome, friendly and professional trainers, and they will be your friends forever.

Cons

1. Spending too much time training the new Customer Service Representatives, we need to focus on our own work.
    2. As a current Assistant Manager, I wish to get more Administrative experiences such as HR, Accounting, Finance, etc (which I am not getting) before having my own branch

Provide more training to the team leaders and assistant managers so we are able to operate our own branches effectively when we own them

Great perks and great company

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company and great people! I have had such an amazing opportunity here. This company is growing and expanding and I have witnessed it first hand in the three months I have been working here. I have seen several promotions and I can see the opportunity employees are receiving, and I am happy to be a part of it.

This company was built on hard work and determination from the owner and you can see it in the employees she has helped, mentored, and promoted. Integrity and professionalism are key parts of the office and the people who work work here. Everyone is held to the same exact standard.

Cons

I have a really long drive to home because of traffic. And if you are new you don't get to go on business trips, and when you first start it takes two weeks you get your first paycheck.

Continue mentoring and developing future business leaders. This company will continue to grow with talented professionals.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive  in  Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time for less than a year

Pros

None. the only decent thing is maybe u will be selected for a business trip. but be prepared to pay for everything and be stuffed into a hotel room sharing beds with practically strangers

Cons

everything. they lie. they say its 830-6. no. it was more like 7-7 everyday. its door to door sales. they wll take u on an interview with 1 or 2 other associates that work there. but really you are always alone

u will do the door to door sales in rain. snow or 105degrees.

ur always eating lunch on the go. no refridgerator. you basically work out of your car.

PYRAMID SCHEME

0 benefits
    0 PTO
    0 healthcare
    0 gas reimbursement

do not work here. do not quit yourjob for this place
    you will regret it.
    they HIRE EVERYONE
    its a job that requires are car but yet they will hire u if u dont have a car then expect you to take a bus.

stop lying and stop making fake reviews on these kind of sites. no one thinks youre good. you have the highest turn over rate ever.. people quit everyday

Good fast paced job.

Current Employee - Account Manager  in  Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

This job is fast paced but the training was thorough. I really felt like my coworkers cared when they were training me and not just like they "had to". The training was so fun that it felt like it went so fast!

Cons

Sometimes with a fast pace, you miss a few details. No worries though, I was able to ask plenty of questions even after training.

Thanks for making sure I got help with everything and pointing me in the right direction for the best advice!

Great Start!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

Pros

I was right out of college with little experience in marketing. It was super tough to find a job and I did NOT want to work fast food! They hired me and trained me, I got some great hands on experience. Loving my current job!

Cons

Its weird not having only weekends off. Totally used to being a weekend warrior!

Make some days optional on productive weeks? That way I can make it to the bank!

No Experience Needed!

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) part-time for more than a year

Pros

I entered more of a management role within 6 months of being with the company. I was a recent graduate with little to no experience.

Cons

I wasn't very good when I started working with customers, but have gotten better with training and progress.

Let us work some weekend to get additional pay!!!

Worked for Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)? Contribute to the Community!