Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)

www.goglobal-inc.com

Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

Paula Silveira

Enjoyed the experience (some pros and cons), great place to start as an entry-level employee, lots of growth opportunity

Account Manager (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsI thought GMC provided a great work environment for its employees, especially for the entry-level guys since there were so much growth opportunities. I did not have a focus on Marketing when I was receiving my college education, but I had a chance to learn from the experts there, and finally became one of the managers and an expert myself. I loved everyone there, some of them turned out to be my mentors and friends lifelong.

ConsIt can turn out to be long hours sometimes since there are numerous existing customers who you have to interact with daily. And some of them may not be as friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementI was hoping for a faster promotion, but turned out that I have used 13 months to become a manager.

Place for those who are interested in becoming an Entrepreneur (having your own branch in a short duration)

Account Executive (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Pros-Everyone gets to have their own branch and sales team in less than 2 years, that is only if you decide to work hard and stay for long-term.
    -Training was well provided by the experts at Global Marketing, you will get a chance to learn about good Customer Relations Management.
    -"Sink or Swim" style at Global Marketing: Although many of you might think this style is a "con", but I believe that sometimes it is beneficial to control your own destiny, especially when you have put in more effort, then you deserve more money.
    -There is no micromanaging at Global Marketing, you are pretty much your own boss in a sense.

Cons-If you join Global Marketing inexperienced in terms of CRM like me, then please expect to come to work on some Saturdays for the first 2 months.
    -Long drive for some of us.
    -Lunch expense is not provided.

Advice to Senior ManagementSundays might be a good opportunity to make some extra money, so can you allow us to come to work on Sundays? Greatly appreciated!

Tough in the first 3 months, Easy money afterwards

Salesman (Team Leader) (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Pros1) Even if you do not hit your goal, you get base pay which was $400-$500 for the first 3-4 months, and more afterwards.
    2) You get commission for each sale, even when there is base pay provided.
    3) Leadership training are provided before becoming a team leader.
    4) Lots of money can be made during the peak seasons.

Cons1) You might get discouraged when many customers say "no" to you.
    2) Economy and people's purchase power decide your sales opportunities.
    3) You have to share portion of your commission with others if it is a "team sale".

Advice to Senior ManagementAs a team leader, I wish to get more hard working and motivated sales personnel in my team.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Not loving it, but enjoying it so far

Account Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

Pros1. The pay structure at the company: you are able to have your own preferences on the pay style such as salary, bonus, commission etc.
    2. High potential of becoming a branch manager in less than 2 years with the support, sponsorship and investment by the company if you perform well.
    3. Awesome, friendly and professional trainers, and they will be your friends forever.

Cons1. Spending too much time training the new Customer Service Representatives, we need to focus on our own work.
    2. As a current Assistant Manager, I wish to get more Administrative experiences such as HR, Accounting, Finance, etc (which I am not getting) before having my own branch

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training to the team leaders and assistant managers so we are able to operate our own branches effectively when we own them

Great perks and great company

ProsGreat company and great people! I have had such an amazing opportunity here. This company is growing and expanding and I have witnessed it first hand in the three months I have been working here. I have seen several promotions and I can see the opportunity employees are receiving, and I am happy to be a part of it.

This company was built on hard work and determination from the owner and you can see it in the employees she has helped, mentored, and promoted. Integrity and professionalism are key parts of the office and the people who work work here. Everyone is held to the same exact standard.

ConsI have a really long drive to home because of traffic. And if you are new you don't get to go on business trips, and when you first start it takes two weeks you get your first paycheck.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue mentoring and developing future business leaders. This company will continue to grow with talented professionals.

Account Executive

Account Executive (Former Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsNone. the only decent thing is maybe u will be selected for a business trip. but be prepared to pay for everything and be stuffed into a hotel room sharing beds with practically strangers

Conseverything. they lie. they say its 830-6. no. it was more like 7-7 everyday. its door to door sales. they wll take u on an interview with 1 or 2 other associates that work there. but really you are always alone

u will do the door to door sales in rain. snow or 105degrees.

ur always eating lunch on the go. no refridgerator. you basically work out of your car.

PYRAMID SCHEME

0 benefits
    0 PTO
    0 healthcare
    0 gas reimbursement

do not work here. do not quit yourjob for this place
    you will regret it.
    they HIRE EVERYONE
    its a job that requires are car but yet they will hire u if u dont have a car then expect you to take a bus.

Advice to Senior Managementstop lying and stop making fake reviews on these kind of sites. no one thinks youre good. you have the highest turn over rate ever.. people quit everyday

Good fast paced job.

Account Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsThis job is fast paced but the training was thorough. I really felt like my coworkers cared when they were training me and not just like they "had to". The training was so fun that it felt like it went so fast!

ConsSometimes with a fast pace, you miss a few details. No worries though, I was able to ask plenty of questions even after training.

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for making sure I got help with everything and pointing me in the right direction for the best advice!

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Great Start!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsI was right out of college with little experience in marketing. It was super tough to find a job and I did NOT want to work fast food! They hired me and trained me, I got some great hands on experience. Loving my current job!

ConsIts weird not having only weekends off. Totally used to being a weekend warrior!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake some days optional on productive weeks? That way I can make it to the bank!

No Experience Needed!

Account Executive (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsI entered more of a management role within 6 months of being with the company. I was a recent graduate with little to no experience.

ConsI wasn't very good when I started working with customers, but have gotten better with training and progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet us work some weekend to get additional pay!!!

Fun Family Environment

Account Manager (Current Employee) Columbia, MD

ProsThese guys were so helpful. I had no experience and was taught everything that I needed to know! The staff is very quick to help and ask questions. Loved working here all of the employees were like family to me. The only reason I left was because I had to move out of state with family. The management was very helpful in my transition when I had to leave.

ConsThe office was far from my home. I had to move out of state to move in with family. Too bad there are no locations yet in North Carolina!

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for the help!

Worked for Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)? Contribute to the Community!