Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)

www.goglobal-inc.com

Paula Silveira

1. Great Entry Level Learning Experience

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD)

Pros

As an entry level candidate you are able to learn customer service, sales, marketing tactics, and team work.

Cons

You have to work 8-5:30 M-F.

I do not have much to say to management, since I was able to communicate every day with management about how I was doing and learning everything.

Waste of time

Former Employee - Sales Person in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Person in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

i guess if you don't have much job experience, your desperate, they'll give you a job in like 2 days.

Cons

Door to door sales. I didn't like the fact that they weren't honest about the job up front. They never say anything about it being door to door sales. They say that you can make all this money, but I wasn't seeing it. I also didn't like the fact that you had to use your own vehicle and drive from columbia to baltimore every day and walk around talking to people. It just isn't good unless you like being in sales. I tried to give it an honest shot but it was such a waste of effort and money on gas so I quit after like a month I think. People would be there one day and gone the next lol. All the negative reviews are very accurate.

At least try to be somewhat honest to people.

Avoid

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

Pros

The people are very friendly, rather unprofessional sadly.

Cons

Pure commission base+above the required quota, the offered salary payment plan is actually a quota driven salary.
    Claim 9-5 actual 8-6ish

Good people, please make clear salary is not salary when it is pure commission driven.

5. Best internship experience I could have ever asked for!! Fantastic experience prior to graduating college.

Former Intern - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Former Intern - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

One of my favorite things about working for GMC was that it had such a professional environment in which learning, training, and teamwork were heavily emphasized. Everyone has a leader in the office that trains you and works with you on anything you need to improve on. If they weren't the best person to help you with a particular aspect of the job, they made sure that the person in the office best at that aspect worked with you so you can learn and improve. I also really liked having the opportunity to work with so many different types of clients. I learned a lot about working with all different people and rounding out my professional experiences. For an internship, I learned a million times more about myself as a professional and about business in general.

Cons

The only thing I wasn't thrilled about was working in many different areas. It was fun to travel around but the commutes ate up a lot of my profits in gas.

Tough in the first 3 months, Easy money afterwards

Current Employee - Salesman (Team Leader) in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Salesman (Team Leader) in Columbia, MD

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1) Even if you do not hit your goal, you get base pay which was $400-$500 for the first 3-4 months, and more afterwards.
    2) You get commission for each sale, even when there is base pay provided.
    3) Leadership training are provided before becoming a team leader.
    4) Lots of money can be made during the peak seasons.

Cons

1) You might get discouraged when many customers say "no" to you.
    2) Economy and people's purchase power decide your sales opportunities.
    3) You have to share portion of your commission with others if it is a "team sale".

As a team leader, I wish to get more hard working and motivated sales personnel in my team.

Place for those who are interested in becoming an Entrepreneur (having your own branch in a short duration)

Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

Pros

-Everyone gets to have their own branch and sales team in less than 2 years, that is only if you decide to work hard and stay for long-term.
    -Training was well provided by the experts at Global Marketing, you will get a chance to learn about good Customer Relations Management.
    -"Sink or Swim" style at Global Marketing: Although many of you might think this style is a "con", but I believe that sometimes it is beneficial to control your own destiny, especially when you have put in more effort, then you deserve more money.
    -There is no micromanaging at Global Marketing, you are pretty much your own boss in a sense.

Cons

-If you join Global Marketing inexperienced in terms of CRM like me, then please expect to come to work on some Saturdays for the first 2 months.
    -Long drive for some of us.
    -Lunch expense is not provided.

Sundays might be a good opportunity to make some extra money, so can you allow us to come to work on Sundays? Greatly appreciated!

Enjoyed the experience (some pros and cons), great place to start as an entry-level employee, lots of growth opportunity

Former Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

I worked at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I thought GMC provided a great work environment for its employees, especially for the entry-level guys since there were so much growth opportunities. I did not have a focus on Marketing when I was receiving my college education, but I had a chance to learn from the experts there, and finally became one of the managers and an expert myself. I loved everyone there, some of them turned out to be my mentors and friends lifelong.

Cons

It can turn out to be long hours sometimes since there are numerous existing customers who you have to interact with daily. And some of them may not be as friendly.

I was hoping for a faster promotion, but turned out that I have used 13 months to become a manager.

9. Not loving it, but enjoying it so far

Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Columbia, MD

Pros

1. The pay structure at the company: you are able to have your own preferences on the pay style such as salary, bonus, commission etc.
    2. High potential of becoming a branch manager in less than 2 years with the support, sponsorship and investment by the company if you perform well.
    3. Awesome, friendly and professional trainers, and they will be your friends forever.

Cons

1. Spending too much time training the new Customer Service Representatives, we need to focus on our own work.
    2. As a current Assistant Manager, I wish to get more Administrative experiences such as HR, Accounting, Finance, etc (which I am not getting) before having my own branch

Provide more training to the team leaders and assistant managers so we are able to operate our own branches effectively when we own them

Great perks and great company

I have been working at Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great company and great people! I have had such an amazing opportunity here. This company is growing and expanding and I have witnessed it first hand in the three months I have been working here. I have seen several promotions and I can see the opportunity employees are receiving, and I am happy to be a part of it.

This company was built on hard work and determination from the owner and you can see it in the employees she has helped, mentored, and promoted. Integrity and professionalism are key parts of the office and the people who work work here. Everyone is held to the same exact standard.

Cons

I have a really long drive to home because of traffic. And if you are new you don't get to go on business trips, and when you first start it takes two weeks you get your first paycheck.

Continue mentoring and developing future business leaders. This company will continue to grow with talented professionals.

Account Executive

Former Employee - Account Executive in Columbia, MD

Pros

None. the only decent thing is maybe u will be selected for a business trip. but be prepared to pay for everything and be stuffed into a hotel room sharing beds with practically strangers

Cons

everything. they lie. they say its 830-6. no. it was more like 7-7 everyday. its door to door sales. they wll take u on an interview with 1 or 2 other associates that work there. but really you are always alone

u will do the door to door sales in rain. snow or 105degrees.

ur always eating lunch on the go. no refridgerator. you basically work out of your car.

PYRAMID SCHEME

0 benefits
    0 PTO
    0 healthcare
    0 gas reimbursement

do not work here. do not quit yourjob for this place
    you will regret it.
    they HIRE EVERYONE
    its a job that requires are car but yet they will hire u if u dont have a car then expect you to take a bus.

stop lying and stop making fake reviews on these kind of sites. no one thinks youre good. you have the highest turn over rate ever.. people quit everyday

Global Marketing Concepts (Columbia, MD) Photos