Global Marketing Consultants

www.gmcphilly.com

Global Marketing Consultants Reviews

3.2

Ram Dharmarajan

Challenging work, fun environment, a good opportunity

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Everyday is interesting and different. Makes it exciting. I'm glad that I'm able to help teach people everyday, and help business owners be more competitive. The systems are well established. See myself continuing to grow with this company.

Cons

Hours are long, but that can be expected anywhere these days.

Keep on doing what your doing.

It was a fun enviorment job if you are interested in going door to door to try to sell people things.

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants

Pros

Fun enviorment, nice people, cool atmosphere

Cons

door to door sales. commision based. Long hours

A series of lies, scams, and false fronts - do not waste your time.

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company will hire anyone, immediately - no background checks, drug tests, college education or previous experience necessary! A great option for desperate, overqualified college graduates and college dropouts.

Cons

Their website and interviews are at best, ambiguous, and at worst, a series of bold-faced lies. You are promised a very high salary, potential for immediate growth, cross-training in a variety of fields, and the potential to open your own company - without clearly stating what you will be doing. Instead, you are a door-to-door salesman lying through your teeth to small-business owners and signing them into contracts which will often hurt their struggling businesses. Workdays are long and arduous, the pay is minuscule and barely covers daily food and travel expenses (let alone your rent and utilities). Consequently, he turnover rate is very high, and management will not acknowledge when an employee quits to keep office morale high. The metaphorical white whale that retains employees is the opportunity to open your own sales company, exacerbating the unscrupulous pyramid scheme.

Be honest with your interviewees, and let them know they are signing up to be a door-to-door salesman who will make less than minimum wage during training.
    Be honest with the business owners, tell them they are buying an unnecessary product, there will be cancellation fees, and that the salesmen are working for a third party sales company.
    Be honest to your employees, and let them know their entire pay will be commission based and you will be withholding their pay for 10 weeks when they quit.
    Be honest to GlassDoor, the 5 star ratings are a result of an office competition (notice they are all posted within a few days of each other) - whoever wrote the best review was offered free dinner - and none of them mention that this is a sales job!

AMAZING, TEAM-ORIENTED WORK ENVIRONMENT

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I was initially hired by the company in the beginning of April, and was pretty taken aback at first. But I soon realized how much of a support system there was, and how organized the partners really were. I definitely see they put all their effort into developing everyone, and really no one gets left by the wayside.

Cons

I wish the office were a little bigger. There are plenty of people that work here, and a little bit of elbow room would be nice.

You're doing a wonderful job, inspiring people to think ambitiously. I truly respect the devotion.

this company is a total scam, misleads potential applicants, and stay far away

Former Employee - Trainee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Trainee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Global Marketing Consultants full-time (less than an year)

Pros

there is potential to make money, but you must go business to business and be a salesman, which was not explained in any of the interview processes. the managers are good people, but they did not make it clear that this is a business to business sales company

Cons

the managers are good people, but they did not make it clear that this is a business to business sales company. they call themselves "global marketing consultants" but you are just a a salesman for different companies. essentially your day will consist of knocking on peoples doors who have had 15 other people come in from other companies in the past month saying the same pitch, 9-5. If your into this kind of thing then great for you, but if you are a recent college graduate you can do much better. the 3rd interview is a workday, they have you come in and "shadow" for free for 8 hours and just walk around philadelphia.

you guys are generally good people, but paying 150 a week, plus commission with no expenses paid for is misleading, but hey if you want to be a workhorse for someone making 10x the amount you are making go ahead

Learning to be the backbone of a corporation

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

Pros

Young, high energy working environment great for recent college graduates looking to set foot in corporate America. The company provides everyone with in house training in all aspects of marketing that can be translated to any industry. Strong family feel with a competitive edge. Only promote managers from with in the company, so everyone starts at entry level and then progresses up the ladder. 100% Performance based promotional requirements with no grey areas. No seniority preferential treatment. Everyone has equal opportunity to growth with the company the moment they step foot through the doors.

Cons

It is a lot of intense work. The goals is to own your own company by building it from the ground up so in order to succeed you must dedicate a large amount time working hard. Its a very rigorous training program where you have to be strong minded enough to handle objections with an understanding that you must fail pick yourself up and start over to in order to succeed.

The best way to progress quickly in this business is to be selfless. Its a people helping people business, so if you are able to put someone else's happiness and goals before yours you'll be more successful. The greatest leaders are those who help without looking for recognition or reciprocation - they just genuinely are interested in someone else's well being.

Fast and Fun Environment with Great People and Growth Opportunity...But Really Competitive!!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Global Marketing Consultants

Pros

Very goal oriented position with a lot of learning involved. Great group of people to work with and mentors to learn from.

A lot of room for personal and professional growth as well as the ability for financial freedom.

Growth opportunity is definitely there and the tools to achieve it are given to you through several different training techniques. You are cross trained in sales, marketing, training, human resources, how to handle finances and management.

High energy atmosphere.

Cons

Very fast paced environment! If you miss a day of work, it feels like a week because there is always a lot of training and teaching on a day to day basis, hence they are really not to keen about people calling out of work!
    Highly competitive!!!
     A lot of company events outside of work hours not mandatory but whenever I didn't attend, I felt like I miss out.

Because of the expansions goals necessitated by the clients there is a lot of pressure to succeed. If there was a way to teach someone at their own pace that would be great. Also giving a heads up to someone just starting how high energy the office is as well as what the job requires would be nice so that people don't get overwhelmed.

I have enjoyed my time here because I am constantly learning a lot, I just wish it was less competitive because I don't really operate well in that type of a setting.