Global Payments

Be The First To
Add Photos

Global Payments Chairman, President, and CEO Paul R. Garcia

Paul R. Garcia

Pros
  • Fun people and laid back environment - until something blows up (in 4 reviews)

• EXCELLENT WORK ENVIRONMENT and great place to work (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Lacks some leadership in upper management, not very hands on with mid level employees (in 4 reviews)

• Continuous layoffs now (due to offshoring) rather than the old "May layoffs" approach (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Not a Diverse Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat benefits plan, free parking.

ConsHours not flexible, outdated technology and PMO practices. No room for growth.. Not good for women or minorities.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the times, use project managment applications for more accurate report. Invest in technology and invest in building a diverse company.

Sr Product Mgr

Senior Product Developer (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

Proseasy going environment, no pressure.

Conseasy going environment can be a negative when you need for people to be disciplined in order to accomplish one common goal. No opportunity for growth.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs a better approach to keep people motivated. They are losing a lot of good people because its almost impossible to get promoted here.

Good luck NEVER making it to Forbes or the list for being a Fortune 500 Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Owings Mills, MD

ProsSome (Most) of the people are cool to work with

ConsThere isn't a work/life balance; severely underpaid and over worked because they are constantly laying off people but the exec who do NOTHING keep their top dollar salaries.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the reps and people who actually do the work, not the managers who have NEVER sat in the seats of the reps and make bad situations worse- constantly

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Global Payments is a wonderful employer; I have felt valued as an employee and as an individual.

Staff Accountant (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsManagement does not micro-manage. Opportunities are there, you just need to work hard for them.

ConsInitial training for my current role was not as good as it could have been; however, training for additional responsibilities has been much better.

Good Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Owings Mills, MD

ProsThe people you work with are great, knowledgeable, and willing to help. Your encouraged to ask questions. Good location in the Baltimore area. Developed a good sense of the corporate world there. Really great benefits and a 401K match.

ConsLaying off people- the company has been cut in half in the US because of a center that opened overseas. Upper management is pretty distant, and the chain of hierarchy is prevalent.

Good Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible hours, Good Management, Nice team, scope for learning, Nice place to work, Good Benefits, insurance, Encourages people to learn.

ConsNo scope for growth, Not a good pay, Most of the times it will be pressure situations. Release process too cumbersome,

Global Payments Cares about their employees

ProsOptions to work remotely and support set up to assist employees. They reward hard work and also keep employees updated with communication on a timely basis. Upper management is accessible and they treat employees fairly. Benefits are awesome and Paul Garcia is a great leader! They know where their market share is and they work to build on that.

ConsTend to not be on the cutting edge of technology and some of the systems are antiquated, but working to improve on that.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure that you are working on getting employees the systems that they need to get their jobs done more efficiently.

My overall experience with Global is positive.

ProsGlobal has been around for some time now and is known as an industry leader.

ConsThe company has all but abandoned the US market

I worked as Voice Authorization Agent, assisting merchants processing customer payments.

Voice Authorization Agent (Former Employee) Maryland Heights, MO

ProsExcellent training and supervision, good work environment.

ConsMass layoff of the entire St. Louis office.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a more stable work enviroment

I would love to work with them again

Senior Support Specialist (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

Prosmy colleagues and company benefits were great

Constoo much management shuffling in short time period

Advice to Senior ManagementReach out to your staff in order to ascertain why their role is pertinent.

Worked for Global Payments? Contribute to the Community!