Global Response

Love the environment!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I worked at Global Response

Pros

- Pay, and its weekly
    - Building is up to date
    - Supervisors are very friendly, well...everyone!
    - Room to move to higher positions.

Cons

- There is a 30 min lunch
    - MOST of the accounts don't have a M-F schedule.

Not what I expected

Current Employee - Team Lead Customer Service Agent in Miramar, FL
    Current Employee - Team Lead Customer Service Agent in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Global Response

Pros

Weekly pay
    Employee discounts
    Some of the fellow employees are pleasant

Cons

Poor training
    Poor communication
    Favoritism
    Some management with poor attitudes
    The majority that works in an office that includes H.R. has the "Holier than thou" attitude.
    Seasonal workers are sold a dream of being permanent.

Fix all the negatives above.
    Do more detailed training sessions.
    When the decision is made, as who will permanent . Make sure that the others are notified at least 2 weeks in advance ro be prepared to make other arrangements.
    The majority of them have children to provide for and bills to pay! VERY INCONSIDERATE!!

Better than working for the other answering service that is up the road from them

Former Employee - Answering Service Operator in Margate, FL
    Former Employee - Answering Service Operator in Margate, FL

I worked at Global Response full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good training,Constant training after completing initial training,flexible schedules,nice co-workers,organized system,operators only get fired for attendance issues

Cons

Some clients that are signed up by the sales team are basically running scams,operators have to lie a lot,there is a lot of bureaucracy.Team leads walk around to make sure that operators are putting callers on hold,there is one supervisor who works in the morning that has an awesome personality but is very lazy and unhelpful.

Treat your seasoned employees better and don't be so quick to promote operators who just started the job the other day.

Improvements Needed

I have been working at Global Response

Pros

You work with some of the nicest people.

Cons

Owners of the company seem to care more about the "the almighty dollar" than the employees who work hard for them everyday. The pay is very low compared to the type of work being completed on some of these accounts and pay raises are next to never. There is no advancement in this company. Top management is there because of favoritism, not because of their ability to lead or run an account and the employees are not valued except for a select few - we'll call them the "favorites." The place is a rumor mill the majority of the time and harassment between employees is not taken seriously and goes unpunished, especially if the aggressor is in the "favorites" crowd. Training on some accounts is poorly organized and haphazard and when the employees are put out onto the work floor, they are not prepared to complete the job for which they were hired - thus resulting in poor quality scores and work being processed or performed incorrectly or at a very low standard.

Implement more "advancement opportunities" for your employees and raises based on performance. Take bullying and harassment seriously (as it states in the company handbook) and punish those who engage in such activities, regardless of who they are or how long they have worked for your company (even if they are in the "favorites" crowd). Improve training and better prepare the employees for the work they are going to be expected to perform.

Temporary job prospect.

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative (Zara Account) in North Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at Global Response full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They are flexible.
    Friendly Coworkers
    Convenient location.

Cons

Promotion is hard to get. Only few supervisors
    Training is indefinite. QA Mngr trains and does not have a programmed training
    No company spirit.
    Low employee hiring, big amounts of work

Motivate/compensate your representatives.

terrible in my opinion

Former Employee - Web Developer in Margate, FL
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Margate, FL

I worked at Global Response full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They have casual Fridays and give free ice-cream on holidays

Cons

Having worked in the Information Systems Department as a web developer, I found the code to be awfully written, inefficient, slow and crashed frequently. I was not aware of anyone in the department who had a Computer Science degree. Some were self-taught which would explain the terrible code. Although there is DBA on staff, SQL queries were slow and locked frequently.

In my opinion, there was no teamwork, in fact team members would talk behind my back. There was an incidence of violence having been physically threatened by the DBA over a non-sense skirmish. Also, one has to work directly with clients including some whom only care about their deadlines. That is something that, in my opinion, is a detriment to the quality of the software. Although I was hired to write web applications I was given mundane tasks like fixing someone’s else’s bugs.

There should be a buffer between clients and employees. What you are doing is "sub-contracting" programmers to clients which is a detriment to the quality of work.

Love the people, the work is always different and interesting

I have been working at Global Response full-time

Pros

They say that this place has a family culture and from my experience - I agree. There's definitely something to be said for enjoying the people you spend 8+ hours a day with.

This place also has a way of mixing up what you do in a given day - keeping things interesting. You never know if a client will be visiting that day or what project people will need help with.

Cons

The same flexibility that keeps things interesting can sometimes be taxing if you don't keep a flexible open mind.

Keep doing what you're doing! Love seeing this place grow!

If you'd like to work for a friendly, family owned business, this is the place.

I have been working at Global Response full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Working for GRC has been a pleasure. The family is very friendly and accessible. After a few years you get three weeks vacation plus 5 personal/sick days. Not a year has gone by that I have not gotten a raise. HR is always willing to help with whatever personal issues you may have. I have been here for nine years, so I have a lot of experience with this company.

Cons

The only downside I have seen is the seasonal nature of the business. This is no longer as much of an issue as it used to be, however. The ramping up and down of the business for the holiday season means that a lot of departments need to move before and after.

Everything has been very good and management is always looking for ways to improve processes.

It was alright

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Margate, FL

I have been working at Global Response part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Easy, good pay, flexible schedule

Cons

Lay off, family oriented, good benefits

Don't hire so many employees

Good at first and then it escalated to extremely stressful and unprofessional.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gwinn, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gwinn, MI

I worked at Global Response full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with some of the nicest, hard working people you'll ever meet - regular working folks.

Cons

The call center is poorly run and there is no organization. The business is not run according to the rules and guidelines set forth by the company per their employee handbook. in fact, it is run very differently when the owners of the company come to visit. Employees are treated as numbers and are expendable in a whim when their services are no longer needed or if a member(s) of management find that there is something they don't like about you. Promises were made for full time hours and permanent positions, which were never honored.

Work place bullying and harassment is a big issue, up to and including threats, in which upper management and the company turned a blind eye. Complaints filed with the main office of the company were ignored. Retaliation against those who filed complaints were ignored .

Take complaints of harassment and bullying seriously and punish those who engage in these types of behaviors - regardless of how long they've worked for your company. The rules and codes of conduct should be the same across the table for all, not just for some. This behavior should never be tolerated and no one should have to endure what was witnessed in your company. Harassment in this degree should have been punishable by termination of employment, instead of the complaints being ignored and the aggressor allowed to remain with the company. This certainly goes against the values you have listed on your website for this company. Work place harassment goes unpunished in your call centers. You have many talented and hard working people working for your company and allowing this type of behavior is unacceptable. You did your company a great disservice.