Global Response

www.globalresponse.com

Global Response Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

Stephen Shooster

Global Response through my point of view

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe people are great to work with. The holidays are big deal for the company.

ConsLack of communication and no real opportunity for growth within the company. Raises are not really provided to employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementProper communication can be very effective with the company.

It was alright

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Margate, FL

ProsEasy, good pay, flexible schedule

ConsLay off, family oriented, good benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire so many employees

Good at first and then it escalated to extremely stressful and unprofessional.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Gwinn, MI

ProsWorking with some of the nicest, hard working people you'll ever meet - regular working folks.

ConsThe call center is poorly run and there is no organization. The business is not run according to the rules and guidelines set forth by the company per their employee handbook. in fact, it is run very differently when the owners of the company come to visit. Employees are treated as numbers and are expendable in a whim when their services are no longer needed or if a member(s) of management find that there is something they don't like about you. Promises were made for full time hours and permanent positions, which were never honored.

Work place bullying and harassment is a big issue, up to and including threats, in which upper management and the company turned a blind eye. Complaints filed with the main office of the company were ignored. Retaliation against those who filed complaints were ignored .

Advice to Senior ManagementTake complaints of harassment and bullying seriously and punish those who engage in these types of behaviors - regardless of how long they've worked for your company. The rules and codes of conduct should be the same across the table for all, not just for some. This behavior should never be tolerated and no one should have to endure what was witnessed in your company. Harassment in this degree should have been punishable by termination of employment, instead of the complaints being ignored and the aggressor allowed to remain with the company. This certainly goes against the values you have listed on your website for this company. Work place harassment goes unpunished in your call centers. You have many talented and hard working people working for your company and allowing this type of behavior is unacceptable. You did your company a great disservice.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small, family owned call center/Take calls on behalf of various retailers, etc

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Margate, FL

ProsFriendly work environment, low turnover rate for permanent employees, laid back atmosphere, schedule flexibility because they are open 24/7

Consoutdated equipment, poor communication between management and employees, minimal training, low pay relative to comparable companies, little room for growth because company is so small

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more comprehensive training so that employees feel more accountability when taking calls on behalf of companies they don't actually work for

terrible experience at GRC

Web Developer (Current Employee)

ProsThe company has casual Fridays and often provides free ice cream. Many agents seem happy working there.

ConsMy experience working at GRC was terrible and the job that was advertised ended up being largely different from what was advertised.

I was hired as Web developer for the IIS department but at the end ended up doing mundane tasks, mainly debugging an in-house software called CSM which is the software used by agents to log calls. The software was full of bugs that caused to perform poorly, often locking and causing system downtime. More specifically, I found the software to be a conundrum of jQuery language and slow SQL queries that made the program tightly-coupled, fragile and unscalable. The issue was exacerbated by a poorly designed database.

I also experience apathy and lack of teamwork in the IIS department. One was asked to work in small, crowded rooms where work conditions were less than ideal. So much so that in one occasion I was almost physically attacked by the DBA while management and the rest of the team turned a blind eye.

Another thing that caught my eye was that I often saw police cars outside the HR department and a few times, saw police in the hallways near HR, but was not sure why or what they were doing there.

Advice to Senior ManagementProjects are usually done in a hurry, quality of software suffers. Anyone can walk-in and interrupt what one is doing. Employees need training because some write terrible software with little guidelines. I don't think management is doing their job. There are a lot of "chiefs" but not enough "Indians".

A family friendly environment

ProsManager staff are dedicated and helpful
    Good work / life balance
    Ever changing work keeps things interesting
    Opportunity to meet new people every week

ConsFlexibility of work may require change in schedules
    May need more notice on client visits

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for keeping this place running!

OK if you need some extra cash

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Margate, FL

ProsFlexible hours
    Pleasant coworkers
    Nice facility

ConsMicromanagement
    Constant nitpicking evaluations
    Cumbersome computer system and lots of downtime
    Crabby, demanding customers

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your employees to use their brains and stop hovering so much.

A "just for now" kind of place!

Brand Care Specialist (Former Employee) Margate, FL

Prosweekly pay, lots of shift options, overtime when available

ConsNo pay raises, no room for growth unless your a teachers pet and favored, poor benefits. Scandalous tactics to make sure you don't reach your 90 days.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't hire just any one, give yearly raises and provide better benefits.

Great Place!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proschallenging and exciting, every day is something different

Conscan get hectic at times and its hard to stay focused

Not what you think, sadden as time goes by...

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Margate, FL

ProsNone, this is still a family company brown-nosing is exceptional...

ConsCaring, "I walk the whole floor", welcoming, kind work place?How about mistreated by other Floridians

Advice to Senior ManagementBe intelligent and accept criticism, many of you have no education...

Worked for Global Response? Contribute to the Community!