Global Santa Fe Drilling Company

• Any Status
Employment Status

Charles M Striedel

1. Motorman

I thought working for two weeks and being off for two weeks was a good idea but I was absolutely wrong.

I had to do a lot of physical work for 12 hours everyday and then after the first week you change to night shift instead of day shift which made me disturbed for a couple days getting used to it.

2. Not genuine

When I was onboard Global Santa Fe rigs the pay was reasonable and the safety bonuses also made a difference.

Safety bonuses were paid only if no accidents were reported: People stopped reporting accidents (they still happened). If an accident was reported everyone on the rig lost their bonus resulting in massive pressure not to report them. A just do it attitude. Dont question every day tasks onboard their rigs. They have a massive turnover of staff who question on the grounds of safety or other. If you question, you're gone. Hypocracy. I watched toolpushers highlight during safety meetings things that shouldnt be done only to do them very things themselves half an hour later. Example: "dont go down the hatch without a harness on". 5 minutes later I watched as the man who told me this went down without a harness. Luckily for all, GSF has now been taken over by Transocean so the attitude will likely be better. This company however has a terrible safety record and those who created it are still there: even with a change of name.

Advice to Management

Do what you say you do. Treat people with respect.

RSS Feed </> Embed