Global Science & Technology Reviews

1. Great Company!

Current Employee - Specialist
    Current Employee - Specialist

I have been working at Global Science & Technology full-time

Pros

Direct communication with the company President, Employee Appreciation stressed, Professionally run business but with a casual atmosphere

Cons

As an outpost, we are not close to the central "hub" of things at corporate; company is growing so quickly that we don't see the senior management as often as we used to

Advice to Management

Consider profit sharing of our 401Ks so that when the company profits, the shareholders also gain. It gives us more of a reason to invest in our 401K and invest in our company.

2. Great company to work for.

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Charleston, WV
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Charleston, WV

I have been working at Global Science & Technology

Pros

Great compensation, benefits, bonus, job culture, and job personal life balance.

Cons

no cons at this moment

3. Management yelling at employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairmont, WV

I have been working at Global Science & Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Low chance of getting fired no matter what you do.

Cons

Management feels they are entitled to abuse there workers.

Advice to Management

Hire a good lawyer.

Solid Middle Management hold weak upper Management together

Pros

The projects are for the most part, very exciting work in for the 21st century. It could be a very expanding industry if managed well. Very easy work environments, liberal work schedules. Project teams bend over backwards to help everyone regardless reasons.

Cons

Mediocre pay, a deaf ear towards needs and concerns of most employees. Lack of consistency when applying HR rules across the board. HR has their pets and cross over the line or blur it even after having mandatory Harassment training.

Advice to Management

Company policies need to STAY out of the affairs of projects you explicitly have no responsibility for. If you are a VP over the operations of an office, YOU have NO reason to be dictating the who, where, what, how and when parts of a project are to be handled. You have Project Managers whose job it is to do that. Manage your offices, get new projects/business just don't sit in your office and downgrade the employees who are doing the best they can in the conditions you continue to undermine. They only listen to one side of the story and nothing, not even the truth can change your opinions...so they are bad for business and bad for the company.

Total Chaos

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I worked at Global Science & Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There aren't any pros here.

Cons

Everything is screwed up big time! There is no work, I am surprised to see how the hell this place is functioning. CM staff don't know squat

Advice to Management

Change your staff and culture

Employee-focused culture

Current Employee - Development in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Development in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Global Science & Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Outstanding executive leadership. New and existing employees are treated very well. They certainly know how to stay successfull and in great standing with their customers. Outreach and communication efforts are top notch -- especially social media effort!

Cons

Not much on the downside ... higher management should conider more investment in equipment and technology

Advice to Management

Consider further investment in equipment and technology

Unpleasant work environment

I have been working at Global Science & Technology

Pros

GST salaries seem to be generally competitive, and benefits are extensive. Additionally, multiple work locations are attractive - this company has expanded and still is expanding.

Cons

Feeling undervalued? Suffocating under a vast array of policies, to the point where human interaction is discouraged in place of opening a PDF? Isolated from co-workers due to the need to constantly monitor email under fear of not quickly catching an oddly-worded email from members of management that serves only to confuse and interfere with your work? You must be an employee of GST, Inc.

Advice to Management

Please, do not contradict yourselves. Do not convey your enthusiasm for considering employee input, then discard it immediately in favor of whatever entrenched opinions you've formed for yourself.

Project Manager

Current Employee - Project Manager in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Asheville, NC

Pros

Work on large, long-ternm government contracts that are scientific and technical

Cons

government budgets are shrinking and changing, right now

Small Company supports National Oceanic Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and NASA

Current Employee - Senior Configuration Management Specialist in Asheville, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Configuration Management Specialist in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Global Science & Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They offer good benefits and are the one of the highest paying employers in town

Cons

The home office is located in Maryland, and the place I work is in a different state, so there is a sense of disconnect with certain support (ex: HR or payroll) and everything is done via email

Advice to Management

I appreciate the little perks that you do like the biannual gift from Land's End clothing and appreciate the fact you try and keep us as one family even though we are scattered all over the east coast.

Nice people, nice place, small company atmosphere.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Greenbelt, MD

I have been working at Global Science & Technology

Pros

Kind colleagues, low-stress environment, generous benefits package. Has a small-company feel - you get to know almost everybody that works there on a first-name basis. Management is flexible with respect to work hours, telecommuting and attire. Lots of intelligent and personable co-workers make the atmosphere pleasant and interesting.

Cons

Small opportunities to advance, mostly due to small size and limited number of contracts. Senior management tends to lose contracts easily because larger partner/competitor companies push GST out. As most contracts are small (in terms of number of FTEs and dollars available from customer), there are less opportunities for upward movement than similar sized organizations.

Advice to Management

Be more aggressive about winning government contracts.

RSS Feed </> Embed