Global lt

Global lt Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Not yet rated.

Lisette Poletes

Good place to work as a tutor

Foreign Language Tutor (Current Employee)
    Troy, MI

ProsSchedule is very flexible. You take whatever projects that fit your schedule. Coworkers are very nice to work with and very helpful.

ConsUnpaid driving to student's place hinders tutors taking some projects. On line tutoring will be helpful to solve this problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementPaid mileage, compensation adjustments based on tutor's evaluation will help to retain talents.

Great people that you treat you with respect.

Cross Cultural Trainer (Former Employee)
    Minneapolis, MN

ProsCross cultural training is well paid, but requires a high level of expertise in the country's culture and daily life. You meet successful professionals from many countries and in general I felt great about the work I did.

ConsYou get gigs randomly. This only works for people that don't need a regular income.

good company for independent contractors

Relo Spec (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

Prosautonomy for working on projects alone

Consi experienced no negative aspects

Advice to Senior Managementno experience with upper management

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

No chance of upward mobility, salaries seriously lower than average, massive employee turnover

ProsInteresting line of work and very diverse workplace. You can gain access to valuable skill sets that are useful for a variety of careers.

ConsEven if you are wholeheartedly dedicated to your full-time position at Global LT, chances of advancing are slim to none. Unfortunately, it's a dead end job with pathetic wages. No wonder the turnover rate is so high!

Advice to Senior ManagementGlobal LT could be a very promising career. Pay people what they deserve and foster quality professional development, and the entire company will seize the benefits. A massively disparate pay scale where upper management makes a ton of money and everyone else struggles is neither a sustainable nor an ethical way to run a business. Shameful.

Employee - Full Time

Troy, MI

ProsGreat Time off and diversified environment.

Cons-Rude Management and Supervisors (they have been there too long)
    -They have at will employment and fire people very easily.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen better to current employee, value anonymity , not years in if not producing currently. Appreciate your current employees.

Rude staff

ProsInteresting students who are motivated to learn.

ConsThe "back-office" staff (who handle paper work for pay) are rude. I have worked for this company on two long-term assignments. Obtaining pay through their system is at best flawed. When asking questions, be prepared for rude answers and impatient responses from the staff (followed, ironically, with "Kindest Regards" or "Warm Regards". Weird. The best advice I could offer anyone who is considering this kind of work is to look for it at local community colleges, universities or other places where you have actual face-to-face interaction. When they can see you and hear your voice, they usually have a harder time being rude when an issue comes up. It is easy to blow off someone you know only electronically.

Advice to Senior ManagementI am really not sure who the management is. The "coordinator" assigned to me did not respond to my email. Beyond that, I don't have names or a clear idea who actually would listen to concerns.

They do not really care about the talent they have.

Troy, MI

ProsFlexible work hours a good vacation package. Very cultural environment almost everyone speaks at least two languages which is cool

ConsThey have at will employment and fire people very easily. They don't seem to know what is going on most of the time as top management is hardly present.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey need to hire some new management as many managers are only there for their longevity and not for their abilities. Pay and treat workers better for less turnover.

great way to freelance and meet new people and even make contacts!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosyou can work on your own time, you get to meet interesting people too.

Consvery occasional work. no stability.

Sounds too good to be true

Language Training Coordinator (Former Employee)
    Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

ProsThe only pros would be working from home.

ConsCompany won't file tax because you don't 'work' for them. Doesn't follow local laws. No pension. No sick leave. If you were to take sick leave then they would deduct your annual leave because the correct term of it is 'All Purpose Paid Leave'. Local laws states, hurricane, flooding don't require to work but because you work from home then you need to work. Way below average salary. My salary was equal to a dish washing person or security guard, which do not even require any native English speaking and doesn't need a bachelor degree. Voiced out to supervisor but she does nothing.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees equally and give them what they deserve.

Recruiter working in Europe doing recruitment

Recruiter (Former Employee)
    York, England (UK)

ProsBig Salary, work from home

ConsMany hours, Work from home

Worked for Global lt? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Global lt reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Global lt CEO Lisette Poletes. All 11 reviews posted anonymously by Global lt employees.