Global lt Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
Updated September 16, 2014

Lisette Poletes
1 Rating

Great company to work for; I have been with Global LT for over 15 years.

I have been working at Global lt full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Global LT provides a culturally diverse and energetic work environment. Employees are very sharp and committed to their jobs and the company. Management provides some opportunities for flexible work hours and recognizes employee contributions to the success and continued growth. Professional and ethical standards are upheld. Truly a global company!

Cons

Opportunity for advancement is a little limited in some locations.

Great for Young Professionals

I have been working at Global lt full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent senior leadership that trickles down to managers and supervisors. I feel that this is an incredibly professional work environment and there are a lot of opportunities for learning, professional growth, networking that facilitate a strong foundation for a long career.

Cons

There really are no significant cons to working for this company

The Company is undergoing changes and is well managed, I don't have any advice to offer.

Good place to work as a tutor

Current Employee - Foreign Language Tutor in Troy, MI
    Current Employee - Foreign Language Tutor in Troy, MI

I have been working at Global lt as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Schedule is very flexible. You take whatever projects that fit your schedule. Coworkers are very nice to work with and very helpful.

Cons

Unpaid driving to student's place hinders tutors taking some projects. On line tutoring will be helpful to solve this problem.

Paid mileage, compensation adjustments based on tutor's evaluation will help to retain talents.

Great people that you treat you with respect.

Former Employee - Cross Cultural Trainer in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Cross Cultural Trainer in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at Global lt as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cross cultural training is well paid, but requires a high level of expertise in the country's culture and daily life. You meet successful professionals from many countries and in general I felt great about the work I did.

Cons

You get gigs randomly. This only works for people that don't need a regular income.

good company for independent contractors

Former Employee - Relo Spec in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Relo Spec in Chicago, IL

I worked at Global lt as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

autonomy for working on projects alone

Cons

i experienced no negative aspects

no experience with upper management

No chance of upward mobility, salaries seriously lower than average, massive employee turnover

I have been working at Global lt

Pros

Interesting line of work and very diverse workplace. You can gain access to valuable skill sets that are useful for a variety of careers.

Cons

Even if you are wholeheartedly dedicated to your full-time position at Global LT, chances of advancing are slim to none. Unfortunately, it's a dead end job with pathetic wages. No wonder the turnover rate is so high!

Global LT could be a very promising career. Pay people what they deserve and foster quality professional development, and the entire company will seize the benefits. A massively disparate pay scale where upper management makes a ton of money and everyone else struggles is neither a sustainable nor an ethical way to run a business. Shameful.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

Global LT strives to provide advancement opportunities within departments to all employees. It is common for employees to transfer from one department to another to enhance their knowledge and skill ... More

Employee - Full Time

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

I worked at Global lt full-time

Pros

Great Time off and diversified environment.

Cons

-Rude Management and Supervisors (they have been there too long)
    -They have at will employment and fire people very easily.

Listen better to current employee, value anonymity , not years in if not producing currently. Appreciate your current employees.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

The seasoned professionals that hold supervisor and management roles are those who eagerly work to grow the department and enhance the most strategist offerings that have made us so successful for ... More

Rude staff

I have been working at Global lt as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Interesting students who are motivated to learn.

Cons

The "back-office" staff (who handle paper work for pay) are rude. I have worked for this company on two long-term assignments. Obtaining pay through their system is at best flawed. When asking questions, be prepared for rude answers and impatient responses from the staff (followed, ironically, with "Kindest Regards" or "Warm Regards". Weird. The best advice I could offer anyone who is considering this kind of work is to look for it at local community colleges, universities or other places where you have actual face-to-face interaction. When they can see you and hear your voice, they usually have a harder time being rude when an issue comes up. It is easy to blow off someone you know only electronically.

I am really not sure who the management is. The "coordinator" assigned to me did not respond to my email. Beyond that, I don't have names or a clear idea who actually would listen to concerns.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

We are sorry to hear of this experience, When the procedures that are clearly outlined are not adhered there may be a delay until communication is taken, However, we do our utmost to ensure a ... More

They do not really care about the talent they have.

I worked at Global lt

Pros

Flexible work hours a good vacation package. Very cultural environment almost everyone speaks at least two languages which is cool

Cons

They have at will employment and fire people very easily. They don't seem to know what is going on most of the time as top management is hardly present.

They need to hire some new management as many managers are only there for their longevity and not for their abilities. Pay and treat workers better for less turnover.

Jul 23, 2014HR Manager

We certainly could not disagree more. Our business has been built on the foundation of family and culture. Most turn over is due to the relocation of our own employees who take on bigger ... More

Stay away from this company

Former Employee - Language Training Coordinator in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)
    Former Employee - Language Training Coordinator in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

I worked at Global lt full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working at home and not worried about what to wear.

Cons

Cause you work from home, you are require to work when everyone isn't due to weather. There's no sick leave. All you get is 'all purpose leave' which wasn't explained when you join the company. So you thought you have good paid leave but you actually don't. Way below market salary. You don't actually exist and work because they won't file tax document for you. Company is evading tax.

Treat your employees with reasonable time off, market salary,